Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1039 times)

Shmecka

Hi
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:20:34 pm »
Hi I am new to pagan/Wicca I am trying to learn as much about the religion as possible I find myself utterly obsessed since I have started researching. If anyone could help me or give me advice or and information on how to become 'initiated' so to speak I would be so grateful .
I am 21 years old , animal lover , hard worker, I love nature and animals and people and the stars and I love to learn.

If anyone is willing to be my friend and help teach me how to practice I would be ever so grateful

lunarwxtch

• View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »
Quote from: Shmecka;197936
If anyone is willing to be my friend and help teach me how to practice I would be ever so grateful

hello! I too am new and friendless.

I'm curious, why Wicca? Like why about it captures you? I researched it as it was how I first found witchcraft (and admittedly it didn't interest me so much so I didn't practise until I succumbed to the nagging in my head some months later). It's not everyone's path.

Shmecka

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »
Quote from: lunarwxtch;197937
hello! I too am new and friendless.

I'm curious, why Wicca? Like why about it captures you? I researched it as it was how I first found witchcraft (and admittedly it didn't interest me so much so I didn't practise until I succumbed to the nagging in my head some months later). It's not everyone's path.

Well seeing as I just recently got into it I don't know how to begin even looking into anything else that was what originally drew me in and what I began researching. From what I have read from several different sites, not just one, is that it is about your spirituality and connecting with nature and everything around you. And I feel that connection honestly I do but I don't know how to flirt with it and make it bigger or use it. I guess maybe I am still very new and don't know much but from what I have read and have been obsessively reading for the past few weeks, everything sounds like what I am looking for. I was raised Christian and there is many reasons why I know it just is not right for me I don't bash anyone's religion, but I knew it wasn't me. Until I started
Poking into this and I feel like I'm finding myself in a way

Snake-Bitten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:55:34 pm »
Quote from: Shmecka;197939
Well seeing as I just recently got into it I don't know how to begin even looking into anything else that was what originally drew me in and what I began researching. From what I have read from several different sites, not just one, is that it is about your spirituality and connecting with nature and everything around you. And I feel that connection honestly I do but I don't know how to flirt with it and make it bigger or use it. I guess maybe I am still very new and don't know much but from what I have read and have been obsessively reading for the past few weeks, everything sounds like what I am looking for. I was raised Christian and there is many reasons why I know it just is not right for me I don't bash anyone's religion, but I knew it wasn't me. Until I started
Poking into this and I feel like I'm finding myself in a way

Go outside, sit in the grass. Take off your shoes and socks. Look. Listen. Breathe. Exist.
Repeat as often as possible.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 06:27:23 pm »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 06:29:22 pm »
If anyone could help me or give me advice or and information on how to become 'initiated' so to speak I would be so grateful .

I have a website with a lot of essays about learning about religious witchcraft (including but not limited to Wicca: people use the word Wicca in a ton of different ways, so clarifying is helpful!)

A lot of the site focuses on things I've found books often don't cover well, or kept coming up as things people were confused about in conversations here and other places I've spent time.  

My particular practice is initiatory religious witchcraft, and I'm glad to talk about how that worked for me (a good topic for a thread elsewhere in the forum!) and the kinds of things groups and teachers might look for when considering people for initiation, if that's helpful.

(There's specific stuff about my practices I don't talk about in public, or that is oathbound, but it's my job to figure that out and keep my oaths, so feel free to ask anything, as long as you're okay with a "Not a thing I'm going to answer" as an answer sometimes.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

witchmama992

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 07:14:31 pm »

I am new here as well! Im not Wiccan, but we could still maybe chat and learn some from each other :)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 08:38:57 pm »
Hi I am new to pagan/Wicca I am trying to learn as much about the religion as possible I find myself utterly obsessed since I have started researching. If anyone could help me or give me advice or and information on how to become 'initiated' so to speak I would be so grateful .
I am 21 years old , animal lover , hard worker, I love nature and animals and people and the stars and I love to learn.

Hello and Welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 11:48:04 pm »

Hello!  Welcome to TC!

Tags:

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 177
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal