Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 3102 times)

Snake-Bitten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Religion
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:03:47 pm »
It would be appreciated (but not a deal-breaker) for some new members to see that the "Religion" data entry field would be modified to "Religion/Spiritual Practice" in the future, as not every preference could be, or is wanted to be, classified as a religion. This may seem "nit-picky", but it would be a welcome sight to those that it would affect.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
Re: Religion
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:11:45 pm »
Quote from: Snake-Bitten;197803
It would be appreciated (but not a deal-breaker) for some new members to see that the "Religion" data entry field would be modified to "Religion/Spiritual Practice" in the future, as not every preference could be, or is wanted to be, classified as a religion. This may seem "nit-picky", but it would be a welcome sight to those that it would affect.

And you know this... how?
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 09:13:47 pm »
Quote from: Castus;197804
...because she's a new member?
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Snake-Bitten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 09:16:15 pm »
Quote from: Castus;197804

I feel I am qualified to make the aforementioned statement because I joined the site today, and while it was mildly disconcerting to find that only "Religion" was listed, it did not dissuade me from completing my registry.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 09:19:55 pm »
Quote from: Snake-Bitten;197807
I feel I am qualified to make the aforementioned statement because I joined the site today, and while it was mildly disconcerting to find that only "Religion" was listed, it did not dissuade me from completing my registry.

Ahh, I misread your statement to be more in the light of "speaking for all new members" and was therefore put-out by such a thing. Apologies.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Jabberwocky

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 09:25:43 pm »

As a non new member, I'd support this entirely.

It certainly feels like there are a lot less non religious perspectives on here then there were when I first joined.

I'm not saying this is the reason or even that it would help with that. But I can't see how being more inclusive in that way would do any harm.
Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

Snake-Bitten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 09:42:22 pm »
Quote from: Castus;197808
Ahh, I misread your statement to be more in the light of "speaking for all new members" and was therefore put-out by such a thing. Apologies.

No offense taken :cool:

(It is worth noting that I am about 3 vodka-cranberries in, and was feeling a bit smarmy)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 05:56:12 pm »

The only problem with this is the length of the field name as it would appear in the "postbit" (the area to the left of messages -- see the "religion" line in the area to the left of this message).
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Snake-Bitten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 06:24:18 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;197947
The only problem with this is the length of the field name as it would appear in the "postbit" (the area to the left of messages -- see the "religion" line in the area to the left of this message).

The thought has crossed my mind as well :(

Tags: