Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Gods and goddesses  (Read 2933 times)

Dragon Heart

• View Profile
Gods and goddesses
« on: October 19, 2016, 12:51:56 pm »
Okay so here goes everyone,
I need some help figuring out what im best to research in order to develop my path, the only problem is, is that i feel drawn in multiple directions. these are a dragon magik sorta path or more close to both some Greek and some Egyptian gods and goddesses. Due to my inability to preform ritual restricts me slightly however i do ground with various types of stones.

Does anyone have any advice that can help me find some direction to my path once again.

If it helps I have communed regularly with " horned gods of whom one i'm sure is Cernunos and the other possibly pan, with Greek gods and goddesses I have contacted Hecate, Apollo, Poseidon (only slightly) and Athena. Then with the Egyptian i have strong ties with Horus, Ra and Bast.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Gods and goddesses
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:26:04 pm »
Quote from: Dragon Heart;197670

Does anyone have any advice that can help me find some direction to my path once again.

So, there's two parts to a path, really.

There's what you do. And there's who you do it with.

Some religions and religious paths give you both: various forms of Christianity have a "Here are the rituals you do or that you participate in. Here is the deity you worship. Here is how they fit together."

A lot of Pagan paths, it's not at all that simple - either because reconstructing historical practices gives some pieces but not a full set of practices, or because we're drawn to deities from different cultures, or because we have a practice, and we work with deities within that practice.

So, one question that would help people figure out suggestions for you: what matters to you in your path? What would you like to learn or develop or focus on?

Deepening relationships with one or more deities is a possibility. Something like personal development over seasons and years is a common one for a lot of people. There are plenty of others. What are you interested in?
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Bjaneblack25

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:13:28 pm »
I need some help figuring out what im best to research in order to develop my path, the only problem is, is that i feel drawn in multiple directions. these are a dragon magik sorta path or more close to both some Greek and some Egyptian gods and goddesses. Due to my inability to preform ritual restricts me slightly however i do ground with various types of stones.

If it helps I have communed regularly with " horned gods of whom one i'm sure is Cernunos and the other possibly pan, with Greek gods and goddesses I have contacted Hecate, Apollo, Poseidon (only slightly) and Athena. Then with the Egyptian i have strong ties with Horus, Ra and Bast.

Do whatever feels right. There is no right or wrong way. You can and should create your own rituals. Me personally I connect more with Egyptian deities,but I get creative sometimes and use pop culture references " all hail Beyonce". But best of luck to you

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:03:34 am »

We live with the force of earth that goes by many names picking one I would chose the one that feels good around you. what most people require is advice on your path in life.to protect in all choices made to keep you healthy and of sound mind with gifts of exciting feelings.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Emerlindian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 12:14:36 am »

Personally, I wouldn't get hung up on just one pantheon. If you connect with both Egyptian and Greek, then you can meld the two together. A lot of people get hung up on the culture, but if you look at history gods and goddesses regularly intermixed with different pantheons. Sometimes they did so under different names, sometimes not.

I mostly deal with the Norse pantheon, but I also connect with Isis and Thoth, and if I need their help, I'm not afraid to ask them. My best advice to you would be learn as much about both as you can, find what feels right, and don't be afraid to be eclectic.

Side note, if you want to learn more about ancient Egyptian magic, check out Bob Briar's book "Ancient Egyptian Magic". He's an egyptologist who does a really good job at making Ancient Egypt relatable, and in his book he looks at how the ancient Egyptians actually practiced their beliefs. He also has several "Great Courses" courses that deal with Pharaoh's and Egyptian history that you can buy online.

Tags: