Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Clinton vs. Trump, round 3: The Final Conflict  (Read 8699 times)

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Clinton vs. Trump, round 3: The Final Conflict
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 11:20:20 pm »
Quote from: Altair;198135
Maybe I'm wrong, but by my reading of his posts, Snake-Bitten didn't mean to cause offense, and if there's a learning curve for those of us who don't have firsthand experience dealing with mental illness (in ourselves or in loved ones), perhaps that learning is better served with a little more patient explanation, and less piling on.

I tried explaining as politely as I ever am and I got a "whatever" so I definitely see how that is totally my fault for not being nicer to the person who brought up mental illness as an insult and then decided that the middle of an unrelated conversation was the best time to judge the use of medical treatments.

Was it the swearing? Should I be less sweary? Or was it my overuse of the "u" for sing-song effect? Oh, I know, I'll use more smilies next time! That'll help. Nobody ever argues with me when I use smilies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Skyth

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 06:32:12 pm »
Quote from: Dam;197705
As somebody from across the pond my opinion isnt likely to matter. However, i am so sorry for whichever one of these numpties you end up with.

See...I don't get this.  Hillary is a middle of the road politician with lots of experience.  She does the same thing that other politicians do and all of a sudden it's the most horrible thing imaginable.  Combine that with the constant witch hunts that are fishing expeditions against the Clintons and the steady barrage of lies that have been repeatedly told about them for the last 25 years.  It's basically the principle of the 'Big Lie'.  Tell a lie often enough and loud enough, and people start to believe it's the truth.  I don't really see much factual basis in the whole 'Hillary is evil incarnate' meme that is going around.

Trump, on the other hand,  has made a career out of stepping on the little guy.  You can bet dollars to donuts that he would favor policies and legislation that would make it even easier for him and people like him to do that.  

There is really a false equivalency going on here.  They are not 'equally as bad' like a lot of people are saying or even a 'lesser of two evils'.  One is an order of magnitude worse.  Trump blatantly does all the things that Hillary is accused of doing.

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 09:34:03 am »
Quote from: Skyth;198168
See...I don't get this.  Hillary is a middle of the road politician with lots of experience.  She does the same thing that other politicians do and all of a sudden it's the most horrible thing imaginable.  Combine that with the constant witch hunts that are fishing expeditions against the Clintons and the steady barrage of lies that have been repeatedly told about them for the last 25 years.  It's basically the principle of the 'Big Lie'.  Tell a lie often enough and loud enough, and people start to believe it's the truth.  I don't really see much factual basis in the whole 'Hillary is evil incarnate' meme that is going around.

Trump, on the other hand,  has made a career out of stepping on the little guy.  You can bet dollars to donuts that he would favor policies and legislation that would make it even easier for him and people like him to do that.  

There is really a false equivalency going on here.  They are not 'equally as bad' like a lot of people are saying or even a 'lesser of two evils'.  One is an order of magnitude worse.  Trump blatantly does all the things that Hillary is accused of doing.

Yup.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft/Gaelic polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 08:29:04 pm »
Quote from: Skyth;198168

I don't think they are equally as bad, but neither are ideal. It makes sense that so many people are turned off by this election, I am one of them.

One is definitely worse though and I will be voting for someone I never thought I would ever vote for. :whis:
"Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people."

- W.B. Yeats

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 08:37:24 pm »
Quote from: MamaThistle;198225
I don't think they are equally as bad, but neither are ideal.

Do you live in a world that contains ideal people?

How did you get there?

How bad are the rents?
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Tags: