Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Help for my neice.  (Read 2396 times)

Flynnlove1

• View Profile
Help for my neice.
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:22:07 pm »
I have just done a spell for my neice to improve her finances. It was working well all Summer, then it has suddenly stopped working! What could cause this? Has anybody got any good ideas on this prickly subject.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Help for my neice.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 03:56:36 pm »
Quote from: Flynnlove1;197605
I have just done a spell for my neice to improve her finances. It was working well all Summer, then it has suddenly stopped working! What could cause this? Has anybody got any good ideas on this prickly subject.

Can you tell us more about the spell and how it was constructed?

Some places where more detail would help (though if you're comfortable sharing more, like specifically what you did / the words used / etc. that would be fine too.)

Did it have a method for fueling ongoing effects, or was it a 'dump a bunch of energy into something to help' that might have run out of energy?

Were you focusing on something that would help with budgetting (something more under your niece's control) or more like something to improve job prospects / opportunities to bring in more money long-term (in which case there may not be anything available that'd be helpful right now.)

Was there any kind of time component implied or stated in the working? How long did you expect it to continue? How would you or she know when it was done?

What effects did you see when it was working that you're not seeing now? Is there anything else that might have changed when things stopped working?

I can think of a number of things that might have happened, but it's really hard to tell without more details.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Flynnlove1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:49:15 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;197607
Can you tell us more about the spell and how it was constructed?

Some places where more detail would help (though if you're comfortable sharing more, like specifically what you did / the words used / etc. that would be fine too.)

Did it have a method for fueling ongoing effects, or was it a 'dump a bunch of energy into something to help' that might have run out of energy?

Were you focusing on something that would help with budgetting (something more under your niece's control) or more like something to improve job prospects / opportunities to bring in more money long-term (in which case there may not be anything available that'd be helpful right now.)

Was there any kind of time component implied or stated in the working? How long did you expect it to continue? How would you or she know when it was done?

What effects did you see when it was working that you're not seeing now? Is there anything else that might have changed when things stopped working?

I can think of a number of things that might have happened, but it's really hard to tell without more details.

Thank you for replying to my message. Having read through what you said I feel the spell, has run out of energy. I cannot remember what I said at the time. I looked up on the intenet for herbs that would help bring in money, and found 9 herbs and spices, I have just got to get my mind into the right frame I think, to make this spell to refresh work. I wonder if luna energy would help? I wonder what would be a good moon  phase to work this spell? Thanking you.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:49:48 pm »
Quote from: Flynnlove1;197919
Thank you for replying to my message. Having read through what you said I feel the spell, has run out of energy. I cannot remember what I said at the time. I looked up on the intenet for herbs that would help bring in money, and found 9 herbs and spices, I have just got to get my mind into the right frame I think, to make this spell to refresh work. I wonder if luna energy would help? I wonder what would be a good moon  phase to work this spell? Thanking you.

If you can't remember what you did, why not start fresh with something new? Use the bits you remember, and go on from there.

In terms of moon phases, this is part of why having a clear idea of what you're wanting to accomplish helps.

A spell to reduce bills or reduce debt or banish financial instability would be things done on a waning moon (moon getting smaller) while spells to increase things - increase income, increase prosperity, increase stability - would be done on a waxing moon.

For long term workings, I tend to go for framing the magical work as an increase, because it's easier to work with long-term, it's often easier on an emotional level to put energy into wanting something rather than not wanting something (or wanting less of something) and science tells us our brains do some weird things with negatives, and so framing as a positive avoids some of those possible glitches.

Similarly, some prosperity herbs are more focused on some aspects than others, traditionally (there can be a big difference in practice between 'ongoing financial stability' and 'I really need to pay this unexpected bill now!')
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Flynnlove1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 12:40:58 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;197944
If you can't remember what you did, why not start fresh with something new? Use the bits you remember, and go on from there.

In terms of moon phases, this is part of why having a clear idea of what you're wanting to accomplish helps.

A spell to reduce bills or reduce debt or banish financial instability would be things done on a waning moon (moon getting smaller) while spells to increase things - increase income, increase prosperity, increase stability - would be done on a waxing moon.

For long term workings, I tend to go for framing the magical work as an increase, because it's easier to work with long-term, it's often easier on an emotional level to put energy into wanting something rather than not wanting something (or wanting less of something) and science tells us our brains do some weird things with negatives, and so framing as a positive avoids some of those possible glitches.

Similarly, some prosperity herbs are more focused on some aspects than others, traditionally (there can be a big difference in practice between 'ongoing financial stability' and 'I really need to pay this unexpected bill now!')

Dear jenett Thank you for your imput. I must just get on with it,(the spell). And hope for the best!

Tags: