Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Dream Interpreration Help?  (Read 2526 times)

Morrigan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Dream Interpreration Help?
« on: October 13, 2016, 02:40:17 pm »
I do hope I have found the right place to post this! I had a very interesting dream last night, and while I can use my own bit of intuition I'd also love to see what others make of it!

I dreamt I was being made homeless, and was dropped off in the middle of rhe city. As I walked the streets feeling awkward and alone, I passed a small shop front. A rooster ce out to me and basically walked into my arms. I sat there strocking his feathers and a man came out to me. He asked if I wanted to work with animals. I said I would love to but I just can't see them hurting. He replied that I wouldn't be any use then as he ran a bird fighting ring and needed someone to take care of the injured animals.

So I walked towards the river. It was swollen and bulging. It was actually above the road level but contained and not overflowing. I saw a man who was rehearsing a lion taming act (like you would see in a circus). I stopped to watch amd he let the lion out of the catch. I watched nervously, and them the lion moved forward out of the cage and stared directly into my eyes. It then came over to me and walked around me. When his tail brushed against my skin I felt at peace.

Suddenly the lion lay down and it became apparent the lion had chosen me to be the one he would work with from now on. The keeper was in shock because I had no training, but somehow I was able to talk with the lion. I asked him if he would hurt me, and he said no. I asked if I could trust him, he said yes. I asked if he would cut me up, he said no. But I knew there would be scratches...

Still I lay against the body of the lion absorbing the warmth of the animal and trusting perfectly in him. Then I woke up!

I don't usually dream of animals so it would be great if anyone had insight into meanings or interpretations. :)

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Interpreration Help?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 08:49:00 pm »
Quote from: Morrigan;197427

I don't usually dream of animals so it would be great if anyone had insight into meanings or interpretations. :)

How solar! To me the homelessness would represent circumstances that are usually very influential, very easy to internalize, so much so that people might get unsettled by the idea that someone wouldn't be bullied or cowed by those circumstances. Still, your dream-self declined to compromise your principles in the face of that threat: I might consider that a sort of test of the dawn, represented by the rooster. And I'd interpret the lion as drawing strength from the sun at the zenith, representing inner serenity. I would consider this dream as generally symbolic of some metamorphic process, like, while there were no cocoons, and to be sure some cocoons can still die in the wrong weather or by being crushed, what I get is the same sense of inner processing with more outward results than outer interference...which is hashtag lifegoals, even if it can involve scratches. If I'm completely off, that's fine. I still think this is a beautiful dream, and thank you for sharing it! :)
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 05:42:52 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;197500
I would consider this dream as generally symbolic of some metamorphic process

I would agree to some extent.  My first thought about the homelessness aspect was that this may represent anxiety, quite possibly literal anxiety about security i.e. fear of homelessness.  However it then occurred to me that the homelessness aspect could equally represent moving from one phase to a new phase of life.  The fact that you're dropped off in a city might back this up, as cities can be places of greater opportunity than rural areas.

I'm not sure about the other aspects of the remainder of the dream, though, as I got stuck after the above bit so I guess I'd also concur with Faemon's interpretation.  It did occur to me to wonder though, if the circus aspect (represented by the lion taming act - albeit that there was no actual, full-on circus in the dream) also represents opportunity or possibly searching for something, as in 'running away to join the circus'.  Or maybe that's a bit of a stretch, that last part.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Snake-Bitten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:49:08 pm »
Quote from: Morrigan;197427

I dreamt I was being made homeless, and was dropped off in the middle of rhe city. As I walked the streets feeling awkward and alone, I passed a small shop front. A rooster ce out to me and basically walked into my arms. I sat there strocking his feathers and a man came out to me. He asked if I wanted to work with animals. I said I would love to but I just can't see them hurting. He replied that I wouldn't be any use then as he ran a bird fighting ring and needed someone to take care of the injured animals.

So I walked towards the river. It was swollen and bulging. It was actually above the road level but contained and not overflowing. I saw a man who was rehearsing a lion taming act (like you would see in a circus). I stopped to watch amd he let the lion out of the catch. I watched nervously, and them the lion moved forward out of the cage and stared directly into my eyes. It then came over to me and walked around me. When his tail brushed against my skin I felt at peace.

Suddenly the lion lay down and it became apparent the lion had chosen me to be the one he would work with from now on. The keeper was in shock because I had no training, but somehow I was able to talk with the lion. I asked him if he would hurt me, and he said no. I asked if I could trust him, he said yes. I asked if he would cut me up, he said no. But I knew there would be scratches...

Still I lay against the body of the lion absorbing the warmth of the animal and trusting perfectly in him. Then I woke up!

This is a very basic interpretation:
You are looking to find your place in this world. This is symbolized by homelessness and being offered a job that you refused. The river is indicative of your emotional state (wild, but retrained). The lion is a symbol of strength and pride. Research more into this animal as a totem, and I think you will find that through inner strength, hard work, and a commitment to your principles, you can make a place in this world that you can be proud of.

FurvaWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 03:31:17 pm »
Quote from: Snake-Bitten;197817
This is a very basic interpretation:
You are looking to find your place in this world. This is symbolized by homelessness and being offered a job that you refused. The river is indicative of your emotional state (wild, but retrained). The lion is a symbol of strength and pride. Research more into this animal as a totem, and I think you will find that through inner strength, hard work, and a commitment to your principles, you can make a place in this world that you can be proud of.

Could you possibly interpret a dream for me? this dream plagues me ( i hhave it about 3 times a month) and I love your perspective.

Tags: