collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Hermes  (Read 2602 times)

blessedoutcast

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Hermes
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:45:03 pm »
Anyone on here worship Hermes? I would like some first hand teaching from someone who has had interaction with the god. Some stories of encounters, things he did for you or did not do, ect.

hraefngar

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: eclectic pagan
Re: Hermes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:47:55 pm »
Quote from: blessedoutcast;197284
Anyone on here worship Hermes? I would like some first hand teaching from someone who has had interaction with the god. Some stories of encounters, things he did for you or did not do, ect.

I had my start as a Greco-Roman pagan before I became a Heathen.  Hermes was more or less my main deity at the time.  

The following is of course UPG, which is what you seem to want. :)

Hermes likes fresh floral scents like lavender, and sweet wine for offerings.  Weekly rituals are best, on Wednesdays if you can.  He likes prayers you invent with your own words - if you have any sort of articulation.  

Out of all the Greek deities, I found Hermes the most receptive to prayers and intervention in the affairs of the average person.  He was called "friend of man" if I recall correctly, and approaching him in the spirit of respect will get you results.  

Hermes is especially pertinent to the traveler and will guide and protect you.   I never suffered harm when under his patronage.  I rarely got lost; and when I did I found my  way quickly.  

The flip side is that Hermes will play tricks on you, just to let you know  he is watching.  You will lose stuff. Stuff will break down.  

You will great strange happenstance that leads to humorous situations; like when I was trying to leave a parking garage in a far away city after a long trip, but the machine lost the token.  So I had to explain this to the parking attendant (who barely spoke English) and had to pay for the token.  "It's impossible to lose the token" he said in his broken English.  Uh, no, nothing is impossible if a trickster god is watching.  

In general, Hermes is a great god to have on one's side!

Tags: