Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Rune Yoga: Stadha and Galdr  (Read 10314 times)

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Rune Yoga: Stadha and Galdr
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:05:11 pm »
Blessings Everyone,

These are some of my Rune Yoga experiences. I'm currently compiling and systematizing my Rune Yoga Path with the intention of publishing it in book form. I would love and appreciate any thoughts you may have on what I'm sharing so that I may continue to grow and clarify any areas of ambiguity.

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

Here something about Thurisaz:

Thurisaz has all three positions: standing, sitting, laying
There are three traditional associations: Thorn, Giant, and Mjolnir.
My Power Object is a thorn from a Blackthorn Tree.

Here's a YouTube video of me sharing the Stadha and Galdr

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6ocVlCpis[/video]

I've found myself using Thurisaz as a striking force,
tapping into my center of power
I strike outward in a sharp burst of energy:
piercing my enemies
and destroying obstacles.

Just be careful least you, like Thor, get something stuck in your head/mind (Prose Edda: Skaldskaparmal, 3). For there is always consequences for every action, word, and thought we do and have, and every situation we accept.

Hyacinth Belle

• View Profile
Re: Rune Yoga: Stadha and Galdr
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:09:38 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;196788
I've found myself using Thurisaz as a striking force,
tapping into my center of power
I strike outward in a sharp burst of energy:
piercing my enemies
and destroying obstacles.

Consider me a fan.

(I also like your plants, and mirror! I'm moving soon and need to get more house plants.)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
"Silent and thoughtful a prince\'s son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 07:32:23 pm »
Blessings Everyone,

These are some of my Rune Yoga experiences. I'm currently compiling and systematizing my Rune Yoga Path with the intention of publishing it in book form. I would love and appreciate any thoughts you may have on what I'm sharing so that I may continue to grow and clarify any areas of ambiguity.

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

I know Galdr in the Eddas is akin to poetic incantations  (Skírnismál & Oddrúnargrátr). I also know the Icelandic verb að gala "to sing, call out, yell," has something to do with it. In our modern era I've found Galdr do be anything from mantra to yodeling.

I'm not one for incantations but I do sing, call out, and yell sometimes in ritual. Besides Jera I don't connect with yodeling. And as for intoning the Rune name, I don't connect with that at all.

It wasn't until I started to intone the Runes' sound that I began to appreciate Galdr. For example, Thurisaz is the "TH" sound.

When you place the tongue against the top teeth and push air out of the mouth a specific sound is heard. There's a sensation of air sliding over the tongue and through the teeth. All this invites a specific experience.

Coupling Galdr with Stadha while imagining yourself to be Thurisaz is a completely different experience than doing the same thing with Wunjo. In saying, something real happens. The sound and sensations have a physical and psychological affect upon us. I've found Galdr to be helpful in clearing and stabilizing the mind, breaking up stagnation, healing the body, protecting, as well as a host of other beneficial things.

I imagine some people might be turned off from Galdr. Take a moment to research the healing affects of music and sound. Consider the psychological benefits. Feel the vibrations inside yourself and see what happens.

I haven't been able to walk through fire yet, but I have been able to lessen my reactiveness to volatile situations and I have been able to be present with anger without it consuming me or destroying things around me.

One might ask if this is because of the Runes or could it have been from something else such as counseling or meditation. In my experience there's no difference. By working with the Runes I've found myself on this Path towards empowerment and part of that process has been meditation and self-counseling. One of the things Runes do for me is create a focus from which I  can investigate different facets of my life: both internally and externally.

Be the power inherent within the Runes themselves or simply a self-projection, the results are the same. I really can tell the difference in my life.

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 09:57:44 am »
Blessings Everyone,

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

One thing I'm learning is that I have a lot of shit to work through. The more I invite energy/awareness into my life, the more intense things get. I'm told things settle down once we've opened our lives to receiving more: like a great river calmly flowing into the ocean.

I feel that sometimes:
being present and aware;
not being tired, sore, or fatigued;
not being in a hurry;
everything flowing perfectly.

That's where I love to be.

During those times I feel the Runes flowing through me.

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 11:10:02 am »
Blessings Everyone,

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

URUZ

Stadha

I work with four positions: standing, sitting, laying I and laying II. Standing is what everyone uses. Sitting is an open Paschimottanasana. Laying I is Naukasana on back and Laying II is Halasana.

The traditional association is Aurochs. While wild Aurochs were never truly tamed, their raw energy and power was diluted to the point of domestication.  

One way to tap into Uruz is to yoke it with a Hal and harness its energy.  

One question that came up while working with Uruz was my genealogy: who aRe my ancestors?

I don't ask from the racial purist perspective, but rather as a quest to discover my ancestral roots in order to connect with and draw from their power.

For every culture I've connected with has blessed me in more ways than I can count. And while it might seem strange to hear this, but, I'm thankful to have come to my Germanic roots late in life.

The Runic Path is Powerful/Full of Power
and I haven't been ready.

Now I Am.

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 02:04:18 pm »
Blessings Everyone,

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

FEHU
[/B]

Become aware and experience the subtleties of life;
be open and receptive to the Runic Energies.

Stadha

Hold posture for 60 heart beats: 30 heart beats for each arm positions.

Standing in stillness (see Isa, pg), place the palms over the eyes, fingers pointing up, slowly move left hand parallel from the face until the arm is as extended outward while the fingers tips are still level with the top of the head. Now move the right hand out halfway between the left hand and the head: keep the fingertips level with the top of the head as well.

Make sure the arms are not closing in together. Keep them even with the shoulders. Also make sure the elbows are slightly angled outward and not square.

The fingers are together, thumbs on the side. Everything pointed straight out from the forearm with a slight bend upwards at the wrist.

The feet are fully grounded. See Uruz for instructions on the Nine Points of the Feet (pg). The feet are not touching, but slightly apart and directly under the hips.

Watch the head that it does not tilt. See Isa for Centering (pg).

Visualize the arms being a cup receiving Auðumbla's milk.

After thirty heart beats switch arm positions. Now the right hand is furthest away from body.

Breath

Like the three tips of Fehu,
there's three levels of breathing:

Throat
Chest
Stomach/Diaphragm.

Most people are throat and chest breathers.

Yoga teaches us to take in energy as deeply and fully as possible. And so, we breathe from the depths of our being.

To fully benefit from Fehu's gift of Life we breathe diaphragmically. In other words, we consciously extend the diaphragm fully so as to optimize gas exchange within our bodies, which in turn optimizes our energy output via nutrient conversion to usable energy. To simplify, the better we breathe the more energy we have.  

On top of the health benefits of optimal gas exchange, diaphragmic breathing also messages the internal organs and helps with elasticity of inner tensions.

Energetically, conscious breathing is instrumental in experiencing the subtle movements of energy throughout our bodies.

Video of me showing Stadha and Galdr

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-dZkNb7rE0[/video]

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 12:22:47 pm »
Blessings Everyone,

These are some of my Rune Yoga experiences. I'm currently compiling and systematizing my Rune Yoga Path with the intention of publishing it in book form. I would love and appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

I'm currently studying Uruz's Stadha. Two things I'm working with are building my core strength and grounding myself. In this video I talk about building our core, grounding ourselves with the Nine Points of the Feet, and Uruz's four positions.  

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KIlk-aHfoI[/video]

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 03:39:15 pm »
Blessings Everyone,

These are some of my Rune Yoga experiences. I'm currently compiling and systematizing my Rune Yoga Path with the intention of publishing it in book form. I would love and appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

This is my complete Rune Yoga sequence. This is the quick version. Normally I hold the Stadha for a minute or so before moving on to the next one. On average it takes me about twenty minutes to do the whole sequence in the morning. At night I focus on one Rune.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heBdmTm4N4Q[/video]

If anyone has a question or thought please feel free to jump into this thread. I really do appreciate connecting with and learning from others.

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 01:14:35 pm »
Blessings Everyone,

These are some of my Rune Yoga experiences. I'm currently compiling and systematizing my Rune Yoga Path with the intention of publishing it in book form. Please feel free to ask questions or offer thoughts.

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

This is a video explaining Bindrune Stadha. I'm working with Uruz and Fehu in this video.

Try it out and let me know what you think.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_VYos2gWc[/video]

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 06:08:04 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;197651
Blessings Everyone,

These are some of my Rune Yoga experiences. I'm currently compiling and systematizing my Rune Yoga Path with the intention of publishing it in book form. Questions and personal thoughts/experiences are appreciated.

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

I've been working with Thurisaz for the past couple of weeks. One thing that's arisen is willpower.

Some questions I've been asking are what is it
what depletes it
what strengthens it
and so on.

One thing that strengthens willpower is to hold the Stadha for ten minutes or more. Below is a video of me holding Thurisaz for a little over ten minutes while talking about different facets of Rune Yoga.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJDTvasVvlw[/video]

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 03:24:22 am »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;198944
Blessings Everyone,

These are some of my Rune Yoga experiences. I'm currently compiling and systematizing my Rune Yoga Path with the intention of publishing it in book form. Questions and personal thoughts/experiences are appreciated.

Blessings Be,
Frodi Ingsson

I'm working with Thurisaz right now and one thing that's come up is increasing my willpower.

A few practices I'm working with to do that are
  • Thurisaz's Balancing Stadha (I'll post video in next post)
  • Chew something delicious three times and then stop and let the food rest in the mouth without swallowing or chewing for a minute.
  • Being fully present when brushing my teeth and listening to what others say without thought or distraction.
  • Breathing deeply and slowly

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 01:58:32 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;199056
Thurisaz's Balancing Stadha (I'll post video in next post)

As promised: [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHrrEYqdZi0[/video]

In the above video I show the two balancing variations of Thurisaz and talk about how to use balance as a tool towards strengthening our willpower.

Rune Sequence: Isa, Tiwaz, Uruz, and Thurisaz: [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no8lruUcSac[/video]

The essence of the sequence above is moving energy from a vertical direction to a horizontal one.

Every Rune sequence plays with energy differently. The traditional Rune sequence (Fehu to Othala) has something to teach us. So does every other sequence. While I haven't done this yet, I can imagine it would be pretty powerful to do a sequence that spells out a word such as peace.

We could do Stadha based on the English spelling: Peace
Icelandic: Friður  
German: Frieden
or whatever language.

Feel the energy and see what happens.

That's what I'm doing while setting specific intentions. So far I'm getting good results.  

Here's an imagine of my Bind Rune Sequence using Oak Rune Staves

You can do the actual sequence as I show in the video or you can stand in this Bind Rune Stadha. Standing in Isa we have one arm angled with the hand on the hip and the other arm angled to make the Uruz form like so

Son of the Norse

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 05:00:05 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;199071

In the above video

Enjoying your Youtube videos!  Thank you for sharing with us!
~Son of the Norse

AsraiDouglas

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 05:33:22 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;199071

In the above video I show the two balancing variations of Thurisaz and talk about how to use balance as a tool towards strengthening our willpower.

This is an amazing series so far, and I'm looking forward to more!  Thank you for sharing with us :)

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 05:12:51 pm »
Quote from: AsraiDouglas;199278
This is an amazing series so far, and I'm looking forward to more!  Thank you for sharing with us :)

Thanks AsraiDouglas, it's encouraging to hear that.

This week I've been working with Isa's Stadha and Galdr. In this video I talk about Isa's two standing postures and how to find stillness in body by calming the mind: [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Tj3BNBimI[/video]

I've found holding Isa's Stadha for three minutes to be very relaxing. At first my heart beats a little quicker but then calms down and becomes more at ease. It definitely has a calming affect on my state of mind.

I've also found it to be helpful in loosening my tight shoulders. Sometimes after holding the stance I feel a little pressure in my neck. When this happens I do gentle neck rolls and massage my neck to prevent any tension later on. The more I work with Isa's Stadha the less tension I have overall. It's pretty awesome.

One suggestion I have is to consciously relax the neck when holding the Stadha. If you're like me you'll find yourself tensing the neck muscles. Remind yourself to relax as you rest within the stillness.

Tags: