Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Apophis God of Isfet  (Read 3522 times)

Menkaura

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Apophis God of Isfet
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:00:21 pm »
Hi everyone I'm new here. I'd like to ask for people's opinion on this topic.

Apep/Apophis teh God of Isfet, chaos and destruction.

Does anyone here believe in worshipping him as a Deity being or God with a personality and his own mind?

I ask as I've had communication with him recently and I was wondering what everyone's perspective is on him.

Darkhawk

• View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
Re: Apophis God of Isfet
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:39:54 pm »
Quote from: Menkaura;196559

A/pep is not a god.  Gods are fed upon ma'at.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Raddaroo

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 05:37:43 pm »
I'm not really sure where you obtained this information but Apep/Apophis is not a god. They are more of an entity of isfet.

Apep was seen as something to be reviled. It actively wants to stop things that exist to stop existing. It was essentially the symbol of entropy. Everything that has been found on it has time and time again said that it was evil and you should not give it power. Some did not even write its name out or would actively cross it out because writing out its name would give it power.

People during the ancient times would often make clay figurines of the serpent to spit on, step on, cut up, and basically destroy to replicate the battle that would happen every night as Ra's barque (his boat) sailed into the land of the dead.

I suggest trying to use more discernment with the communication you're receiving. Perhaps it was Set that has been trying to communicate with you?

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 06:00:22 pm »
Quote from: Raddaroo;197059

A Reminder:
Hi, Raddaroo,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Typhonian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:01:14 am »

A/pep/A/pophis teh God of Isfet, chaos and destruction.

Does anyone here believe in worshipping him as a Deity being or God with a personality and his own mind?

I ask as I've had communication with him recently and I was wondering what everyone's perspective is on him.

A/pep is not a deity, like others have mentioned. It's more like a very powerful demon set on destroying our universe and our beloved Netjer. Everything that the Netjer are, that they represent, A/pep opposes.
I've heard from older kemetics that viewing / interacting with a/pep is painful and dangerous. You may be mistaken, or the snake is trying to trick you.
Sutekh, Set, Ash, is a God of Chaos but he is still among those who adore Ma'at. I recall somewhere that he may transform into a snake, but I don't recall the sources on it.
But again, Kemetics are against Isfet. It undermines our world and it would destroy the universe. Even to the Ancient Egyptians, Ma'at, goodness and Justice, was very important to them.
"The ancient Egyptians did not take the condition of Ma’at in their world for granted. It was
always seen as an effort, indeed, as an ongoing, daily struggle engaging both humans as well as the
Netjeru. A central theme in the mythic vision of Ra crossing the sky in his day-barque was the danger
confronted and overcome in the person of the chaos-serpent, A/pep or A/apep (referred to in Greek as
“Apo/phis”). It was this cosmic enemy of creation who was utterly opposed to all that exists. It was he
who threatened the equilibrium of Ma’at."

Eternal Egypt
Religious blog: Typhonian.
[/U]

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 04:32:56 am »

I wouldn't recommend it, for the reasons outlined above. I'd be very wary of any entities claiming to be the backwards face, too. Obviously, you should use your own discernment; just be careful, and make certain to read up on what you worship.

Tags: