Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Working with Athena  (Read 1361 times)

Seeker42

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Working with Athena
« on: September 21, 2016, 10:42:05 pm »
Hello.  This is my first post here, but for some time I have felt drawn to Athena and the Hellenistic traditions.  Recently I have particularly wondered if she might not be calling me.  Today I began to silently acknowledge her and I believe I felt her presence speaking to my mind about some things that have troubled me. In fact, some of the things troubling me actually began to be reversed or improve within hours of my acknowledging her. I am drawn to her wisdom, justice, and at least with me, a gentleness I perceive in her.  How do I properly honor her and continue to grow in my practice of getting to know her and what she wants of me? Anyone else here experienced in working with or encountering her?  Thanks in advance.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Working with Athena
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 10:50:26 am »
Quote from: Seeker42;196538
Hello.  This is my first post here, but for some time I have felt drawn to Athena and the Hellenistic traditions.  Recently I have particularly wondered if she might not be calling me.  Today I began to silently acknowledge her and I believe I felt her presence speaking to my mind about some things that have troubled me. In fact, some of the things troubling me actually began to be reversed or improve within hours of my acknowledging her. I am drawn to her wisdom, justice, and at least with me, a gentleness I perceive in her.  How do I properly honor her and continue to grow in my practice of getting to know her and what she wants of me? Anyone else here experienced in working with or encountering her?  Thanks in advance.

Athena was one of my "gateway" deities, one of the first I reached out to as a young teen who wasn't sure whether this would work. She seemed to like my creative work, especially when I consciously asked her inspiration with it. If you're having good results the way you are currently reaching out to her, I'd keep doing that, and maybe ask her to let you know if she wants anything else and see if something inspires you.

You can try making a simple offering if you haven't already - I find that fresh water and flowers, candles or incense work for almost everyone. There are also plenty of modern Hellenic pagan resources if you want to try something more formal, hopefully someone who does more along those lines can recommend something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Working with Athena
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 04:14:27 pm »
Quote from: Seeker42;196538

I read the Odyssey in high school; Athena is the central goddess in the legend. You can read that story and others that feature Athena.

Tags: