collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Need Info on Symbol  (Read 858 times)

Koudelka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Need Info on Symbol
« on: September 20, 2016, 06:15:00 pm »

Can anyone explain this symbol to me?
It's the best I could draw it, but it looked very tribal like a cave painting kinda way. Does anyone recognize this? What culture is it from? What's it mean? I feel like this is important somehow, because I saw it during meditation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:16:21 pm by Koudelka »
My Jedi senses are tingling...

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Need Info on Symbol
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 06:28:49 pm »
Quote from: Koudelka;196489

What culture is it from? (...) I saw it during meditation.

I'd go by that, then. It's awfully cool when something comes up that later turns out to be verifiable gnosis, but...if it came from your personal gnosis first, then I'd consider its meaning from personal gnosis first, and the significance isn't less meaningful for it. It's just going to start out differently meaningful from the empirical.

It looks like a flying fish to me.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Koudelka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:00:09 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;196490
I'd go by that, then. It's awfully cool when something comes up that later turns out to be verifiable gnosis, but...if it came from your personal gnosis first, then I'd consider its meaning from personal gnosis first, and the significance isn't less meaningful for it. It's just going to start out differently meaningful from the empirical.

It looks like a flying fish to me.

Lol. Right. A flying fish. Common sense there. I dunno I have ideas so far, and it matches up with prior gnosis, but I can't shake the tribal feel of it. I'm checking wikipedia. Lol. :whis:

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 11:00:37 pm »

It's the best I could draw it, but it looked very tribal like a cave painting kinda way. Does anyone recognize this? What culture is it from? What's it mean? I feel like this is important somehow, because I saw it during meditation.

Kinda reminds me of the Old Ones from In the Mountains of Madness.  'Cept it needs a starfish head.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Talariq

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Heathen
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 11:02:20 pm »

I have to agree that it's probably best to start with what it means to you before doing any research. If it came to you for a reason, you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't fully explore it before coloring your view of it.

That being said, I do feel like I've seen something like it before. When you are ready to do your research, I'd start with Polynesian/Pacific Island cultures. Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't help much.

If you're interested in other people's interpretation, though, I'd say it reminds me of one of these.
"Your focus determines your reality."

Koudelka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 02:30:42 pm »
Quote from: MadZealot;196576
Kinda reminds me of the Old Ones from In the Mountains of Madness.  'Cept it needs a starfish head.

I went with the flying fish idea. It made me think on what makes us soar. The flying fish first comes from the depths of water, which makes me think of emotions, then flies free temporarily, only to go back down into the depths again.

I figured that's all that really matters to me, and the message was sent to me for basic reasons.. not to say "research this until you can found a religion on it". The message was merely "fly away".

Tags: