Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Plans for the Autumn (or Spring!) Equinox?  (Read 4317 times)

shadowsiren

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Polytheist with a dash of religious witchcraft / Always learning
Plans for the Autumn (or Spring!) Equinox?
« on: September 18, 2016, 07:48:54 pm »
Greetings, everyone!

With the equinox coming up in a few days I was wondering if anyone wanted to share what their plans? (If you have them and/or or celebrate the equinox). I'm a fairly new pagan and I'm always interested in hearing about what others are doing.

I'm in the northern hemisphere so it's the autumn equinox for me. It's my first since formally deciding to embark on a pagan path, though I've always given nod to the idea of "the wheel of the year" since it was first introduced to me. This is the beginning of my favorite time of year and summer is finally loosening its hold in my neck of the woods.

My garden has pretty much given up the ghost so I hope to start clearing it out this week. I'm also cleaning out my pantries/kitchen cupboards and taking stock of what I need more of in preparation for winter (we don't have harsh winters but we do get snow/ice and usually lose power a couple of times). It's supposed to actually be pretty warm here the day of the equinox but I'm hoping to throw open all my windows and give the house  good airing out/cleansing at some point this week. Everything is all stagnant and... stale.
I've got a few autumnal decorations up on my shrine already but I'm planning on making a day of it and pulling out the rest of my meager decorations and putting them up with the kids. We'll probably go for a walk if the weather is nice to look at the leaves that are beginning to change and I've got a mini feast planned for dinner.

For myself (as the only "official" pagan in the house) I'm planning some sort of smaller ritual for after the kids go to bed. I haven't hammered out all the details quite yet but at the very least it will include an offering to my deities, meditation, and a tarot spread concerning what I might need to be mindful of for the coming season.

So... plans? Going big? Keeping it simple? Solitary? Group get together?

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Re: Plans for the Autumn (or Spring!) Equinox?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 07:32:54 am »
Quote from: shadowsiren;196405

For myself (as the only "official" pagan in the house) I'm planning some sort of smaller ritual for after the kids go to bed. I haven't hammered out all the details quite yet but at the very least it will include an offering to my deities, meditation, and a tarot spread concerning what I might need to be mindful of for the coming season.

That sounds lovely. :) I will be keeping it simple with a short, private ritual of thanks. I've received so much assistance from Spirit this year. Like you, I will probably do a larger, more complex tarot spread that day, as well.

I am likely going to be moving next week, so I will try to squeeze in a home blessing when no one is around, as well.

Blessed Mabon/Equinox to you. :)
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Born Again Pagan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 10:06:31 am »
Greetings, everyone!

With the equinox coming up in a few days I was wondering if anyone wanted to share what their plans? (If you have them and/or or celebrate the equinox). I'm a fairly new pagan and I'm always interested in hearing about what others are doing.

of "the wheel of the year" since it was first introduced to me. This is the beginning of my favorite time of year and summer is finally loosening its hold in my neck of the woods.

My garden has pretty much given up the ghost so I hope to start clearing it out this week. I'm also cleaning out my pantries/kitchen cupboards and taking stock of what I need more of in preparation for winter (we don't have harsh winters but we do get snow/ice and usually lose power a couple of times). It's supposed to actually be pretty warm here the day of the equinox but I'm hoping to throw open all my windows and give the house  good airing out/cleansing at some point this week. Everything is all stagnant and... stale.
I've got a few autumnal decorations up on my shrine already but I'm planning on making a day of it and pulling out the rest of my meager decorations and putting them up with the kids. We'll probably go for a walk if the weather is nice to look at the leaves that are beginning to change and I've got a mini feast planned for dinner.

?

This spring I had the good fortune of visiting the Pyramids of Mexico on the spring equinox.  The ceremonies I witnessed there were amazing.  A quarter of a million people it was said were there that day.  The administrators of the Hostel where I was staying even came thru the hostel and cleansed each room with a smoke ritual. I have no pagan community here in the Dominican Republic and am living with a very Catholic lady and her daughter and 2 year old Grandson.  I do acknowledge the virgin sitting in the corner as the Goddess.

Vitkyng

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 01:17:53 am »
Greetings, everyone!

I'm in the northern hemisphere so it's the autumn equinox for me. It's my first since formally deciding to embark on a pagan path, though I've always given nod to the idea of "the wheel of the year" since it was first introduced to me. This is the beginning of my favorite time of year and summer is finally loosening its hold in my neck of the woods.

This time around it will be small and solitary.

Not because I don't have groups I could go to and be welcome, but simply because the group I usually celebrate is having our autumn equinox on a night when I have to work. I was unwilling to book the day off with other important days off needed for medical appointments, so I was forced to disappoint my coven and beg off. The person's home we are having the rite at could not get the same days off as I have so I was out of luck. I hate adult-ing sometimes.

I'd rather miss this rite and be able to book the days off I need later in October for the Samhain dance i am hosting, and my coven's Samhain rites the following day.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 07:45:47 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;196417
That sounds lovely. :) I will be keeping it simple with a short, private ritual of thanks. I've received so much assistance from Spirit this year. Like you, I will probably do a larger, more complex tarot spread that day, as well.

I am likely going to be moving next week, so I will try to squeeze in a home blessing when no one is around, as well.

Blessed Mabon/Equinox to you. :)

As a slight update, I found the perfect spot to have ritual during a walk yesterday. Oak trees everywhere. :)
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 12:08:49 pm »

It's autumn equinox here, and I have my (non-pagan) family visiting so celebration will be mostly of the non-ritual sort. I'm planning on doing a big feast the day of the equinox, coincidentally that also happens to be the day my parents arrive so it works out well. Dinner will be porchetta (Italian roast pork), homemade wheat bread, olives and cheese, and something apple for dessert like maybe a crisp, still haven't decided. After that I definitely plan on getting outdoors for a walk at some point, as well as going to the State Fair this weekend to check out all the agricultural exhibits (my kids are super stoked over the possibility of being able to milk a cow!)

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 06:48:31 pm »

Meditation over gratitude tomorrow, and two rituals in the beginning of next week, when the Moon is waning after half moon.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 11:40:35 am »

With the equinox coming up in a few days I was wondering if anyone wanted to share what their plans? (If you have them and/or or celebrate the equinox).

I'd been waiting to reply for reasons that will be obvious :)

So, today is my birthday, and I basically believe that it should be celebrated with good food, good conversations, and some related things I enjoy. This fits very nicely with fall equinox, which is the second of the harvest festivals in my practice.

I spent Saturday first at the Eastern Massachusetts Pagan Pride, where my presentation went over well, and then spent the rest of the day with friends. The other two people in our ritual group couldn't make it for the evening (or this coming weekend), but we ended up having a nice meal, good conversation, and particularly some helpful (to me, anyway) troubleshooting of stuff going on in our personal practices that was not going how we'd like.

I saw different friends for dinner on Tuesday (we've recently instituted a once a month thing so we see each other more, and that's been great) which conveniently fell this week.

I had dinner last night at a local seasonal menu place with a good friend (they do four courses, prix fixe at a price level that is 'I can't do this regularly, but once every three months is a nice treat and inspirational for my home cooking' and that was also lovely.)

I'm seeing my mother (who lives out of area, but is back up for other reasons) this weekend, and maybe the one other local friend I see semi-regularly, so all of that is quite good!

So, lots of low-key good conversations and people, and I will probably manage a little bit of divination for the year either tonight or this weekend to top it off.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 10:50:56 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;196556
So, today is my birthday, and I basically believe that it should be celebrated with good food, good conversations, and some related things I enjoy.

Peripherally, and a bit belatedly: hobbit birthday to you!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 03:52:48 am »
With the equinox coming up in a few days I was wondering if anyone wanted to share what their plans?

We hadn't actually planned it as a holiday celebration, but my family spent the day at a fiber festival. The baby loved the animals and ended up picking up her first broom from a seller who makes them by hand on antique equipment, which we weren't planning to be A Thing but nonetheless felt like A Thing when it happened.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Born Again Pagan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 01:41:36 pm »
Quote from: Jack;196606
We hadn't actually planned it as a holiday celebration, but my family spent the day at a fiber festival. The baby loved the animals and ended up picking up her first broom from a seller who makes them by hand on antique equipment, which we weren't planning to be A Thing but nonetheless felt like A Thing when it happened.

Are fiber festivals celebrated with hemp?

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 01:43:35 pm »
Quote from: Born Again Pagan;196625
Are fiber festivals celebrated with hemp?
Mostly animal fibers, though I did see some yarns made with plant or synthetic fibers. I didn't see hemp specifically, but I wasn't really looking for it. Why do you ask?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 06:32:10 pm »

I had plans of writing a full ritual like I did for Loafmass and doing that...but between Life and my spinal injury acting up the end of September came faster than I thought it would and I ended up doing nothing.

That's okay, though, as I had a small deity-related epiphany around the actual equinox. So, something happened, even though it wasn't planned.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: