Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Your First Experience(s)  (Read 2365 times)

Talariq

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Heathen
Your First Experience(s)
« on: September 18, 2016, 05:50:42 am »
(A note for the Mods: I was going back and forth as to where to post this thread, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.)

First off, this will be a long post, so I apologize in advance.

So I was browsing an older thread and one of the posts in it reminded me of something that happened to me years ago that I'd almost forgotten about. This, in turn, got me curious: What was the experience or event that convinced you there was more to the world than meets the eye?

For example, with me there are three things I distinctly remember that were more than something simply "feeling right" or being a purely personal experience.

First, a friend of mine in high school had brought in some tarot cards and was doing readings for people. His reading for me was EXTREMELY accurate, down to providing details of events he couldn't have possibly known. This was my first experience with any kind of non-Christian spirituality.

Second, I met a friend of a friend around the time I was 16 or 17. He had a very distinct feeling about him, like he could see right through me. At some point in the evening he asked how old I was, and being new to metaphysics I decided to test my intuition. I asked him how old he thought I was while I "loudly" thought of the number 26 (obviously way older than I was) over and over. He seemed to study me for a moment and replied, "26."

Lastly, and more recently, my friends and I were hiking on a supposedly haunted trail near our town. We all started to have a bad feeling at about the same time. A minute or two after that, one of our group started complaining of stomach pains. Shortly after that, he said it felt like someone was touching his stomach. He lifted his shirt and there was a bright red hand print, like someone had slapped him hard. The print was smaller than his hand, and no one had been near enough to him to leave it. On top of that, the spirits in that area are said to be children.

So that's me. I'd love to see if anyone else has any experiences that really "proved" to them that the metaphysical is real, be it an experience similar to mine or a spell working out just right or whatever else may have happened.

TL,DR: What spooky events convinced you that woo-woo type stuff is real?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 05:52:51 am by Talariq »
"Your focus determines your reality."

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: Male
Re: Your First Experience(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 06:35:08 am »
Quote from: Talariq;196372
(A note for the Mods: I was going back and forth as to where to post this thread, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.)

So I was browsing an older thread and one of the posts in it reminded me of something that happened to me years ago that I'd almost forgotten about. This, in turn, got me curious: What was the experience or event that convinced you there was more to the world than meets the eye?

For example, with me there are three things I distinctly remember that were more than something simply "feeling right" or being a purely personal experience.

First, a friend of mine in high school had brought in some tarot cards and was doing readings for people. His reading for me was EXTREMELY accurate, down to providing details of events he couldn't have possibly known. This was my first experience with any kind of non-Christian spirituality.

Second, I met a friend of a friend around the time I was 16 or 17. He had a very distinct feeling about him, like he could see right through me. At some point in the evening he asked how old I was, and being new to metaphysics I decided to test my intuition. I asked him how old he thought I was while I "loudly" thought of the number 26 (obviously way older than I was) over and over. He seemed to study me for a moment and replied, "26."

Lastly, and more recently, my friends and I were hiking on a supposedly haunted trail near our town. We all started to have a bad feeling at about the same time. A minute or two after that, one of our group started complaining of stomach pains. Shortly after that, he said it felt like someone was touching his stomach. He lifted his shirt and there was a bright red hand print, like someone had slapped him hard. The print was smaller than his hand, and no one had been near enough to him to leave it. On top of that, the spirits in that area are said to be children.

So that's me. I'd love to see if anyone else has any experiences that really "proved" to them that the metaphysical is real, be it an experience similar to mine or a spell working out just right or whatever else may have happened.

When i was a (still carefree and nature loving ;) ) young boy i could see energy around ppl, in fact as long as i can remember, and i sometimes can sense things coming, and than they happen as i saw them in my head, from small things to huge events.

And thats pretty much it.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 08:18:50 am »
Quote from: Thrak;196374
When i was a (still carefree and nature loving ;) ) young boy i could see energy around ppl, in fact as long as i can remember, and i sometimes can sense things coming, and than they happen as i saw them in my head, from small things to huge events.

And thats pretty much it.

I had an experience with a ghost/entity when I was around eight or nine years old.

In recent times, I have seen auras, I have had things turn out in ways that don't seem possible at the time, and my tarot readings have been incredibly on point. In a way, I've always believed. I just had to get past my analytical mind's doubts.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Beekeeper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »

So I was browsing an older thread and 8posts in it reminded me of something that happened to me years ago that I'd almost forgotten about. This, in turn, got me curious: What was the experience or event that convinced you there was more to the world than meets the eye?

Interesting experiences from you all.. My first one was maybe when i was 6-8years old (just starting school).. I remember asking my dad one morning "Dad.. Can the human bone broke?" It didn't took long when i founded that out, day or two passed and i felled with my bike by accident and my left leg broke. I tryed to walk home but my leg didn't carry me. i felled to ground few times and that made the damage in the leg even worse. But i healed.

I don't remember mutch of my childhood. Maybe few years passed from that and one morning i have the urgent to ask my father another question "Why something keeps pulling my blanket away when i try to sleep?"

He said that hey are just sexual fantasies or something like that.

I was wrong as i believe nowdays; My blanket didn't move, i did. Something other than my fysical body started to move. Or.. The blanked really moved, i don't know. But that is where it all started. It started to happen allmost every night.. very long time because i wanted it to happen and i started to enjoy it even through i was scared. I didn't tell anyone what i was doing in the night. I thought everyone had the same ability and were making it too.

Then came the next phase; Bees came. I started to get strong dream paralysises and to hear buzzing or lighting, i started to feel somekind of
energy building in me, rising to my head but i didn't never learn to control it.

Next phase was lucid dreams. I started to wake up in my dreams and fly. Just flying and jumping on treetops. I was very proud of my new skills. I didn't question anything or thought what was happening to me.. I was just playing.

I don't know what was the first premonition (Dream), i have forgot many of them as i believe from my childhood, but later in my life i have seen some things that i wish wasn't showed to me.

I wrote few posts in the Gods & Goddesses where i tell few of my later experiences (still i don't know nothing and i am total newbie with paganism) if you want to hear more of my experiences.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:57:51 pm by SunflowerP »

Lumpino

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 02:03:30 am »

When I was young, so I was hard atheist. But, I read a book about yoga, and there in a chapter about Bhaktiyoga was about meditation about a God name.
See for example Ramakrishna and his wision of Kali. I was very curious, so I tried a long meditation about a name a pagan goddess. Also in the evening before bedtime, otherwise I had little time. Maybe it was a coincidence, but there was a relatively rapid visible manifestation. Since this time I am believer.

Flynnlove1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 03:53:56 pm »

Hello, I had an experience when I was four and half. I first saw my Guardian angel, he was as solid as me, and after he introduced himself, he started to regularly visit my garden. He played with me and generally made a very lonely child happy.

Tags: