Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Pagan Pride 2016 - Raleigh, North Carolina  (Read 4708 times)

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
Pagan Pride 2016 - Raleigh, North Carolina
« on: September 10, 2016, 03:05:36 pm »
It's time for Pagan Pride again in Raleigh, NC September 17-18 2016!

The little lady, her mom, and I are all going on the 17th. Anyone else planning to attend?
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
Re: Pagan Pride 2016 - Raleigh, North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 03:55:34 pm »
Quote from: Skumring;196044

The little lady, her mom, and I are all going on the 17th. Anyone else planning to attend?
I had no idea it was here, but I'm definitely going now! (Assuming I'm not working of course.)
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 04:01:29 pm »

I rarely get to Raleigh and of course, my next trip is scheduled for the weekend following Pagan Pride.  Maybe next year!

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 04:43:47 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;196046
I rarely get to Raleigh and of course, my next trip is scheduled for the weekend following Pagan Pride.  Maybe next year!

One can hope!

This will be the first time I can go on consecutive years. Unfortunately the Little Lady and I can't go on both days but it's great to be able to be there.

Also, not sure why it's there but there was, last weekend, a ski-lift looking thing set up going from the parking lot by the Educational Building all the way over to where the Festival will be. So perhaps they're experimenting with a fun way to convey folks from one side of the property to the other.

Oh,and while I'm thinking of it... Be sure to visit the flea market area too. They have some really awesome stuff both inside and out including a guy who sells lawn ornaments and assorted bric-a-brac; some of it pagan in nature. He's the one I bought my Green Man door hanger from years ago. Inside is a shop with wonderful spices and another with gems and such, plus one with some Amish goods.

Have fun at the Festival everyone!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:44:30 pm by Skumring »

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 06:01:27 pm »
Quote from: Skumring;196051
One can hope!

This will be the first time I can go on consecutive years. Unfortunately the Little Lady and I can't go on both days but it's great to be able to be there.

Also, not sure why it's there but there was, last weekend, a ski-lift looking thing set up going from the parking lot by the Educational Building all the way over to where the Festival will be. So perhaps they're experimenting with a fun way to convey folks from one side of the property to the other.

Oh,and while I'm thinking of it... Be sure to visit the flea market area too. They have some really awesome stuff both inside and out including a guy who sells lawn ornaments and assorted bric-a-brac; some of it pagan in nature. He's the one I bought my Green Man door hanger from years ago. Inside is a shop with wonderful spices and another with gems and such, plus one with some Amish goods.

Have fun at the Festival everyone!

Ski lift thing may be for the upcoming state fair.  IIRC, that'll be coming up very soon.  

I'm planning a stop at the flea market while I'm in town. It's one of my favorites.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

CoraFrost

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 12:49:48 am »

I'm going! I can't wait!
I'm going on the 17th -- already signed up for the blood drive and all that good stuff. My husband is super bummed he's going to miss it this year. But he's sending me with a shopping list. So far, he's requesting 2 bottles of mead.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:50:42 am by CoraFrost »
I\'m a white witch... but only between Memorial and Labor Day. ;)

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 10:12:47 am »
Quote from: Aisling;196053
Ski lift thing may be for the upcoming state fair.  IIRC, that'll be coming up very soon.  

I'm planning a stop at the flea market while I'm in town. It's one of my favorites.

Yeah, I hadn't even thought about that even though I have a friend or two with stall in the Edu. bldg that'll vacating for the Fair...

@Cora: Excellent! I didn't know anyone there sold mead so now I'll have to keep my eyes open for that too.

CoraFrost

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 11:10:11 am »
Quote from: Skumring;196093
@Cora: Excellent! I didn't know anyone there sold mead so now I'll have to keep my eyes open for that too.

According to the vendor page, it looks like Starlight Mead will be there.

Looks like they are going to have a ton of cool little shops and booths there this year. The workshops look pretty interesting too.
I\'m a white witch... but only between Memorial and Labor Day. ;)

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 11:39:07 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;196045
I had no idea it was here, but I'm definitely going now! (Assuming I'm not working of course.)
So unfortunately I have to work all weekend with no chance of getting either day off. :( I suppose there's always next year.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 01:05:08 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;196135
So unfortunately I have to work all weekend with no chance of getting either day off. :( I suppose there's always next year.

Depending on how things go in the next year I may go as a vendor with a bunch of woodworking stuff for sale. I guess we'll see.

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 12:14:04 am »
Quote from: Skumring;196196
Depending on how things go in the next year I may go as a vendor with a bunch of woodworking stuff for sale. I guess we'll see.

The Little Lady, her mom, and I had a blast today! Lots more vendors and such than in previous years and more people too. Seems my neighbor is not alone in his opinion on my talents with woodworking either so I am very seriously considering investing in some better equipment and practicing so that I can make some seriously awesome stuff.

I might see if I can get a picture of my necklace to post here so everyone can see what I was wearing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:15:08 am by Skumring »

FurvaWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »
Quote from: Skumring;196370
The Little Lady, her mom, and I had a blast today! Lots more vendors and such than in previous years and more people too. Seems my neighbor is not alone in his opinion on my talents with woodworking either so I am very seriously considering investing in some better equipment and practicing so that I can make some seriously awesome stuff.

I might see if I can get a picture of my necklace to post here so everyone can see what I was wearing.

Is there anything going on for the new year?

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 09:10:31 am »
Quote from: FurvaWolf;200533
Is there anything going on for the new year?

I haven't stumbled aacross anything official as of now.

But... I'm generally a solitary person by nature who hates sharing the road so with rare exception I tend to stick to the house if I don't need to go out.

Though I do understand from your energy request in the other board that you're seeking some like-minded fellows to spend time with.

You have the unfortunate distinction of having resonated with a Path as spectacularly uncommon as my own. I've met exactly three others of similar belief and they are all Asatruar.

My advice, young man, that you didn't ask for; don't look for those who are just like you. Look for those who are different, at least slightly. You'll learn more about yourself and your Path that way.

Now, back to New Year's Eve... I've not one clue what Druids do for celebrations and all that so, please, enlighten me!

Tags: