Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Intro and first post  (Read 1720 times)

Amberhawk

Intro and first post
« on: September 04, 2016, 12:02:19 pm »
First and foremost I had to say hello!!

Secondly, please forgive the novelette. :whis:

So, me... my household was more secular but held Christian values. I did spend time in church with my great grandmother and was a missionette for a few years in my pre-teens to early teen years. My parents split by the time i was 7 so I think this was my grandmother's way of trying to help give them time to work through what they needed to.

I spent a great amount of time in my early years at the local library, mostly reading on animals, ghosts and things on the supernatural... ESP, UFOs, hauntings... etc. I was a strange kid, it was  the 70s... what can ya do. LOL

Anyway, apparently the two didn't mix well so I left the missionettes, stopped going to church and just lived my teen life. I still read things on animals and still loved the paranormal things. Somewhere in my later teens I was in with a teen group (abuse and neglect, I was there due to an uncle molesting me) and some of them were into tarot, meditation, general spirituality and the like. It seemed to help them deal. I was interested but with life being crazy at the time I didn't really dive right in.

I got married, Navy wife, moved around a lot and ended up buckling under the strain. The husband could be something of a jerk when we first met, but military changed him, made him more angry and aggressive. How they didn't catch it in the physical evaluations I don't know. He was a tech head so I guess maybe they overlooked a few things to get him in a study program. At any rate, he started becoming abusive, so I left.

I moved to this state in 1990 to a much more stable environment. I found this man almost right away, live and let live, patient, understanding, not at all demanding and most of all could put up with my crap!! He and his family are all Southern Baptist but didn't seem to mind I wasn't. We were married in '94 and our son was born in '95.

I started working, started reading about and studying Wicca, witchcraft and paganism in general pretty much right after that move. What I learned I pretty much blended so as not to freak out his family. Mine was still back on the west coast so I didn't need to worry about them. My son didn't really take a strong interest though I shared a lot with him as he grew up.

Over the last 10 years or so I've made the occasional trip to local public meet ups and the pagan pride down in Raleigh a couple times. However, over all I'm a home body, heart and soul. I think I've gotten to a point of accepting I'm just so solitary in nature that I haven't made it a priority to be terribly publicly active.

The good news is that in the last couple years I managed to gain a couple acres and I'm working on a sort of mini-farm, back yard self sufficiency, gardening type plan that should help in the herbal side of my practice a great deal.

So, that's me. I don't have questions yet but I"m sure I'll find some threads to join in on.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Intro and first post
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 01:50:51 am »
Quote from: Amberhawk;195852

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 08:36:46 pm »

So, me... my household was more secular but held Christian values. I did spend time in church with my great grandmother and was a missionette for a few years in my pre-teens to early teen years. My parents split by the time i was 7 so I think this was my grandmother's way of trying to help give them time to work through what they needed to.

I spent a great amount of time in my early years at the local library, mostly reading on animals, ghosts and things on the supernatural... ESP, UFOs, hauntings... etc. I was a strange kid, it was  the 70s... what can ya do. LOL

Anyway, apparently the two didn't mix well so I left the missionettes, stopped going to church and just lived my teen life. I still read things on animals and still loved the paranormal things. Somewhere in my later teens I was in with a teen group (abuse and neglect, I was there due to an uncle molesting me) and some of them were into tarot, meditation, general spirituality and the like. It seemed to help them deal. I was interested but with life being crazy at the time I didn't really dive right in.

I got married, Navy wife, moved around a lot and ended up buckling under the strain. The husband could be something of a jerk when we first met, but military changed him, made him more angry and aggressive. How they didn't catch it in the physical evaluations I don't know. He was a tech head so I guess maybe they overlooked a few things to get him in a study program. At any rate, he started becoming abusive, so I left.

I moved to this state in 1990 to a much more stable environment. I found this man almost right away, live and let live, patient, understanding, not at all demanding and most of all could put up with my crap!! He and his family are all Southern Baptist but didn't seem to mind I wasn't. We were married in '94 and our son was born in '95.

I started working, started reading about and studying Wicca, witchcraft and paganism in general pretty much right after that move. What I learned I pretty much blended so as not to freak out his family. Mine was still back on the west coast so I didn't need to worry about them. My son didn't really take a strong interest though I shared a lot with him as he grew up.

Over the last 10 years or so I've made the occasional trip to local public meet ups and the pagan pride down in Raleigh a couple times. However, over all I'm a home body, heart and soul. I think I've gotten to a point of accepting I'm just so solitary in nature that I haven't made it a priority to be terribly publicly active.

The good news is that in the last couple years I managed to gain a couple acres and I'm working on a sort of mini-farm, back yard self sufficiency, gardening type plan that should help in the herbal side of my practice a great deal.

So, that's me. I don't have questions yet but I"m sure I'll find some threads to join in on.

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Amberhawk

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 01:24:12 pm »
Welcome to TC!

Thanks for the welcome. I realize I posted last September but I think I'm back and settled now.

Aethiriel

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 03:57:02 pm »

Hail and welcome, Amberhawk! I'm new here as well. And here is a fun coincidence, you mentioned going to Pagan Pride and the like in Raleigh, that's actually where I live! Born here but grew up in Miami (of all places...love the ocean, not so crazy about the extreme heat and humidity!) and moved back here a handful of years ago.

I'm glad you were able to escape an abusive situation and find your true self and a new true love!
Water knows...flow and grow with me at my blog The Oracle of Water

NightSpook

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 12:41:46 am »

Hello and a warm welcome to the forums :)

Tags: