Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Problems With Energy Work  (Read 1565 times)

Talariq

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Heathen
Problems With Energy Work
« on: September 02, 2016, 05:00:37 am »
Hello!

Recently, I've been trying to get back into energy work. I was fairly proficient as a teenager (creating energy balls that my friends could actually feel, channeling energy for a purpose, seeing other people's astral bodies, seeing and interacting with spirits, and I was beginning to be able to make out auras sometimes). However, it seems that after nearly 10 years out of practice my affinity for it has gone kaput.

I'm not having trouble meditating or concentrating and I'm doing ok visualizing my own energy, but when I try to do anything I seem to hit a brick wall. Even moving my energy around within my own body is like trying to drink molasses through a straw.

I'm using the same techniques I did before (I still have my old book), but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had a similar issue, or have any advice?

Thank you in advance!
"Your focus determines your reality."

Queen of Swords

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Problems With Energy Work
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 03:14:52 pm »
Quote from: Talariq;195786
Hello!

Recently, I've been trying to get back into energy work. I was fairly proficient as a teenager (creating energy balls that my friends could actually feel, channeling energy for a purpose, seeing other people's astral bodies, seeing and interacting with spirits, and I was beginning to be able to make out auras sometimes). However, it seems that after nearly 10 years out of practice my affinity for it has gone kaput.

I'm not having trouble meditating or concentrating and I'm doing ok visualizing my own energy, but when I try to do anything I seem to hit a brick wall. Even moving my energy around within my own body is like trying to drink molasses through a straw.

I'm using the same techniques I did before (I still have my old book), but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had a similar issue, or have any advice?

Thank you in advance!

I found energy work very easy as a teenager, almost natural, and extremely difficult now that I haven't done it in around 15 years. No advice, unfortunately  :/

Talariq

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 10:36:13 pm »
Quote from: Queen of Swords;195810
I found energy work very easy as a teenager, almost natural, and extremely difficult now that I haven't done it in around 15 years. No advice, unfortunately  :/

Hey, no worries! It's at least comforting that I'm not the only one.

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: Male
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 04:48:55 am »
Quote from: Talariq;195786
Hello!

Thank you in advance!

Energy work requires a strong connection to the source of energy, and when you don't use it tends to waken over time, like a muscle, but you can regain it in a various number of ways, so if one does not work move on to the next. :)

Example: You can enchant an item like a ring or crystal on a string with the energy you use to reforge that connection for example, or you can stand in a circle and do a small focal point ritual calling on the 4 compass points.
(More than 1 is handy to just in case ;) )

I have the same problem but all my life, so don't feel to bad.
If you could do it once before I am sure it can return to you.

Hope this helps.
(And feel free to ask for advice, i may not know much but this stuff i know)

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: Male
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 06:10:57 am »
Quote from: Thrak;195829
Energy work requires a strong connection to the source of energy, and when you don't use it tends to waken over time, like a muscle, but you can regain it in a various number of ways, so if one does not work move on to the next. :)

Example: You can enchant an item like a ring or crystal on a string with the energy you use to reforge that connection for example, or you can stand in a circle and do a small focal point ritual calling on the 4 compass points.

I have the same problem but all my life, so don't feel to bad.
If you could do it once before I am sure it can return to you.

Hope this helps.
(And feel free to ask for advice, i may not know much but this stuff i know)

I meant weaken not waken. :P
Also:

Talariq

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 08:18:36 pm »
Quote from: Thrak;195829

I've actually never done any ritual work, but it may just help. Do you have pointers as to the specifics of something like that?

(Also, that video was fantastic. Hahaha!)

Tags: