collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 643 times)

)LunarHare(

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Hello everyone
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:25:34 pm »
Hello there

I'm a 25 year old living in the English countryside. Forgive me if this all sounds a bit silly, but I thought I'd just be honest and give you some idea of how I feel! :eek:

I have described my religion as 'Eclectic Pagan' for the meantime as I wouldn't otherwise know what to call it! I would have considered myself Wiccan for a while, but I'm not sure it fits anymore.

I've been a lifelong instinctual pagan - for as long as I can remember, I have just known that I was a little different and that the universe was not as black and white as it might first appear.

I have always done small little rituals, spells, observances, etc, without ever having been told or shown (before I even knew such a thing as 'paganism' existed, or before I ever really understood religion and spirituality) - they just felt right to me. I rarely follow set rules or templates - I just let the words and actions come to me. I've always had a real sense of the ancient running alongside and with the present, and I've just tapped into that and done whatever came naturally. Thankfully I have an incredibly accepting and supportive family!

I'm very much based and rooted (if you'll excuse the pun) in nature. Ancient woodland and forest just hums with energy and sings to me. I am also very drawn to water, particularly lakes and rivers. Standing stones and other ancient sites feel magnetic, and thunder storms fill me up with a real sense of power and energy!

I'm also very drawn to animals and wildlife, and can feel a real connection to a particular species at any one time. I also like working with herbs, plants, crystals and earth.

As a side note, I'm also fascinated by the history of witchcraft and witch trials. I love to visit old houses and buildings around the UK and find little traces of old folk magic (or preventatives against it!!)

Anyway, like I said, I'm sorry about the waffle...

Basically just wanted to say hello!

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:13:20 pm »
Quote from: )LunarHare(;195682
Hello there

I'm a 25 year old living in the English countryside. (...)

Thank you, for your lovely presentation, and hello to you, too. I travelled a lot in your home country in the 1990s. I love UK, and understand what you mean about your impressions of pre-historic monuments and certain natural surroundings. I have similar experiences here in Sweden, but my impression of England was slightly less harsh than some places in Sweden. Our cold winters and prevalence of spruce makes the experience of Swedish environment and British environment different from each other. Have you visited Glastonbury, Stonehenge and Lindisfarne? I will try to do so, next time I cross the North Sea.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:14:04 pm by RecycledBenedict »

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:12:02 pm »
Hello there

I'm a 25 year old living in the English countryside. Forgive me if this all sounds a bit silly, but I thought I'd just be honest and give you some idea of how I feel! :eek:

I have described my religion as 'Eclectic Pagan' for the meantime as I wouldn't otherwise know what to call it! I would have considered myself Wiccan for a while, but I'm not sure it fits anymore.

I've been a lifelong instinctual pagan - for as long as I can remember, I have just known that I was a little different and that the universe was not as black and white as it might first appear.

I have always done small little rituals, spells, observances, etc, without ever having been told or shown (before I even knew such a thing as 'paganism' existed, or before I ever really understood religion and spirituality) - they just felt right to me. I rarely follow set rules or templates - I just let the words and actions come to me. I've always had a real sense of the ancient running alongside and with the present, and I've just tapped into that and done whatever came naturally. Thankfully I have an incredibly accepting and supportive family!

I'm very much based and rooted (if you'll excuse the pun) in nature. Ancient woodland and forest just hums with energy and sings to me. I am also very drawn to water, particularly lakes and rivers. Standing stones and other ancient sites feel magnetic, and thunder storms fill me up with a real sense of power and energy!

I'm also very drawn to animals and wildlife, and can feel a real connection to a particular species at any one time. I also like working with herbs, plants, crystals and earth.

As a side note, I'm also fascinated by the history of witchcraft and witch trials. I love to visit old houses and buildings around the UK and find little traces of old folk magic (or preventatives against it!!)

Anyway, like I said, I'm sorry about the waffle...

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

)LunarHare(

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 04:32:30 am »
Quote from: RecycledBenedict;195688
Thank you, for your lovely presentation, and hello to you, too. I travelled a lot in your home country in the 1990s. I love UK, and understand what you mean about your impressions of pre-historic monuments and certain natural surroundings. I have similar experiences here in Sweden, but my impression of England was slightly less harsh than some places in Sweden. Our cold winters and prevalence of spruce makes the experience of Swedish environment and British environment different from each other. Have you visited Glastonbury, Stonehenge and Lindisfarne? I will try to do so, next time I cross the North Sea.

Oh, absolutely - I've never visited Sweden (it's on my list!) but even different counties and areas of counties in the UK 'feel' very different from one another. My absolute favourite place in England is Devon - the environment is very different to Suffolk, where I live, and the energy speaks a totally different tone! It is where I feel most connected.

I have visited Stonehenge, but not Glastonbury or Lindisfarne. I'm hoping to visit Glastonbury next year. To be honest I love it when I just go for a walk and stumble across a fairly innocuous place that just feels special. There have been many places I've visited where I've just found somewhere that has some sort of very old or different resonance, but no recorded history, signposts or so much as a plaque to say it's anything other than mundane.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 07:24:44 am »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: