collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: For the Grey-Eyed One: A Call to Those Who Worship, Honor and Work With Lady Athena  (Read 1435 times)

MattieBoy

• View Profile
Hello everyone! My name is Matt and it is a pleasure to meet you all.

I'm new to the road of Hellenic Paganism and I came to this forum in hopes of finding like minded individuals  to aide me in my quest to understand the Lady I now work for.

As the title suggests, this thread is about Lady Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, Protectress of Heroes and the often considered (depending on the source) the favorite child Zeus, Lord of the Sky and King of Olympus!

Before I get ahead of myself, let me say that I only came into contact with my Lady a short time ago. I was in the process of leaving my previous faith and readying to undergo my conversion to Paganism. After a series of events, some in which involved an Oracle, I was not only able to find the one who had be calling to me, but I was also able to find what see wished of me. She wants me to learn. And I have and will continue to do so.

Here's where this comes in. Study on your own can only take you so far, and some things you can't learn from any book. To help me truly know my Lady better, I feel I should reach out to others who have encountered  Her, have worked with Her, have Her as their own Patron, or, at the very least, have studied Her in great detail.

In addition to hearing one's tales involving Her, I'm also interested in learning more about how to best honor Her. Some historical practices may also be of interest as well. Though I admit, my own personal practice is more modern Neo-Pagan, so any insight on those kind of practices would also be of great help.

I'm hoping we can make this a good discussion about our Lady and help bring some insight from each other.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:19:36 am by MattieBoy »

Tags: