Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Books, courses, or web pages with Druidry information.  (Read 8099 times)

Ehina

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Books, courses, or web pages with Druidry information.
« on: August 16, 2016, 05:00:16 pm »
So a few days ago I was listening to a new podcast: Druidcast order of Bards Ovates and Druids. They were talking about the different classes or levels and how each level teaches you more and that they build upon each other. For some reason I got increadibly emotional, I mean my eyes stung and my chest and throat felt tight. I felt an urge to continue looking into Druidry and the only real places I have found is Druidry.org but they charge for their courses and I don't have enough money to take them.

So I ask of you, does anyone have any books, blogs, websites or anything that would be useful?

Thanks!

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Books, courses, or web pages with Druidry information.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 05:33:11 pm »
Quote from: Ehina;195083
I ask of you, does anyone have any books, blogs, websites or anything that would be useful?

Have you tried the first couple of stickies in this SIG?

http://ecauldron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-Neo-Druidry-SIG
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 05:13:11 pm »
So a few days ago I was listening to a new podcast: Druidcast order of Bards Ovates and Druids. They were talking about the different classes or levels and how each level teaches you more and that they build upon each other. For some reason I got increadibly emotional, I mean my eyes stung and my chest and throat felt tight. I felt an urge to continue looking into Druidry and the only real places I have found is Druidry.org but they charge for their courses and I don't have enough money to take them.

So I ask of you, does anyone have any books, blogs, websites or anything that would be useful?

Thanks!

I really, really like The Path of Druidry by Penny Billington and The Awen Alone. What Druids Believe is a good one, too. I'm really new to druidry but those were really, really helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hraefngar

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: eclectic pagan
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 03:29:11 pm »

What kind of Druidry, though?  

If you like OBOD I assume you're more into the revivalist/modern aspects.  If so, I would check out anything by John Michael Greer.

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »

It has been posted elsewhere, but Emma Restall Orr's book Principles of Druidry is available to read for free online: https://druidnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/What-is-Druidry.pdf

Orr also has a little course out there for free (more a study guide/companion piece to the book): https://druidnetwork.org/what-is-druidry/learning-resources/perennial/

The New Order of Druids has free courses for all three degrees: http://www.druidcircle.org/druid/index.php/en/druid-college/list-of-courses

Or you can just buy the books for each degree, and some more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/neworderofdruids
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 02:48:53 pm »

It has been posted elsewhere, but Emma Restall Orr's book Principles of Druidry is available to read for free online: https://druidnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/What-is-Druidry.pdf

Orr also has a little course out there for free (more a study guide/companion piece to the book): https://druidnetwork.org/what-is-druidry/learning-resources/perennial/

The New Order of Druids has free courses for all three degrees: http://www.druidcircle.org/druid/index.php/en/druid-college/list-of-courses

Or you can just buy the books for each degree, and some more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/neworderofdruids

I just wanted to bump this thread for my own edification. There are some links and references here that I have not seen before.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 05:29:10 pm »
I just wanted to bump this thread for my own edification. There are some links and references here that I have not seen before.

I'm (very slowly) doing the New Order of Druids Bardic course.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 08:51:47 pm »
I'm (very slowly) doing the New Order of Druids Bardic course.

Oh, good! Will you let us know how it went when you finish? I would like to know more about it. I am probably more inclined to the Ovate and Druid stuff, but I am still interested in the Bardic material. I wish I had some musical talent. I have written a little fiction. I also managed a local band back in the day. So, sort of Bardic stuff. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy that course and get something out of it.

Nothingness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Religion: Celtic Shamanic Wicca, currently studing Druidry and I'm in OBOD.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 05:00:29 pm »

There are two ways to pay for these OBOD courses, in full or monthly.  Like you I could not afford to pay in full, so I payed for the Bard course monthly in a year.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:06:15 pm by Nothingness »

Tags: