Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Finding my Path  (Read 2420 times)

Itsthek

• View Profile
Finding my Path
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:36:26 pm »
I had been confused for a long time about which Path, specifically which deity(ies) called to me most. I had meditated on my beliefs many times in the past, but ultimately came up with only a name: Hestia. I posted on here a while back (not sure what happened to my account of the same name between then and now), and it was suggested that because I felt drawn by Celtic tradition and had this "clue" I do research into hellenic and celtic traditions, but above all to keep my mind open.

Well, one day while meditating and communing with Hestia, going over what "felt right" about the greek pantheon, a mysterious figure clad in animal skins and riding a great deer/elk/caribou/etc just galloped into the meditation completely unsolicited. After some research on various animal gods, horned gods, and hunting gods, I came to the conclusion that this was a symbol of the Inuit god, Tekkeitsertok.

I am still trying to figure out the purpose of this... vision, I suppose. It might be that because I knew intuitively I wanted a horned deer skull on my altar (slain by myself, of course, and with all due honor), he came to offer me assistance in my hunt. It might be that he is calling to me. Or it might be something else entirely; I'm not really sure.

One thing I find perplexing is that I live in the southeast United States, and my features look somewhat scandinavian/germanic, if anything. This does not mean that I could not have ancestors from that area (as I know nothing about my ancestors), but it just seems strange that this particular deity would appear before me like that.

Basically, I'm looking for any advice to help me figure out where to go from here. I'm doing research on Inuit deities, albeit slowly, but I'm not quite sure what to make of this. I was looking for a pretty obvious sign, as I can be pretty dense about things, even though I try to be open-minded. Sometimes, it just takes a whack on the head for me to realise things. If anyone could offer suggestions about what I could do from here, or if anyone has experience with the Inuit pantheon, I'd love to hear what you have to say. =]

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Finding my Path
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:40:54 pm »
Quote from: Itsthek;20859
After some research on various animal gods, horned gods, and hunting gods, I came to the conclusion that this was a symbol of the Inuit god, Tekkeitsertok.

How did you come to the conclusion that your vision was of this particular deity?
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Itsthek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:44:34 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;20860
How did you come to the conclusion that your vision was of this particular deity?

Basically I took the concept of "hunting deity" and crossed it with "elk/deer/caribou". I did some general internet searching of both, basically looked through every suggestion I could find (ignoring female hunting deities, as he had a male figure), and checked to see if the two coincided, and the only result I found where this held true was Tekkeitsertok.

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 07:25:50 pm »
Quote from: Itsthek;20859

Well, you could go find some Inuit people and ask them about the god and their culture. Not entirely sure how much of a web presence they have, beyond individual people.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Tags: