Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Sleep paralysis and paranormal activity  (Read 3266 times)

Stitchd

• View Profile
Sleep paralysis and paranormal activity
« on: August 14, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »
I moved in with my 3 girlfriends and their mother in a 2 story house about a year ago. They let me practice witchcraft and often join in. Such as full moon rituals, house blessings, wish magic, meditation; basic prosperity things. I always have lavender or Palo Santo burning. Anyway, I work graveyard so I only experience strange things on my days off. I hear scratches and taps on the walls. If it were on the roof, I would dismiss this. It would just be our 2 black cats just chasing birds or bugs and what not. 2 of my friends were upstairs once just hanging out and they both heard a humming. They have also experienced sleep paralysis. That is nothing that concerns us, but I feel the need to mention it to keep things as rational as possible. Now, what I am concerned about is one friend that sleeps upstairs. Its a very wide room with a walk in closet and huge bathroom. It could be even called the master bedroom. Well, when she has the guts, she sleeps with the lights off which is rare. She is always visited by beings with long arms. Sometimes they run at her and try to attack her. She sometimes fights them off or is held down. I'm thinking its sleep paralysis, but I can't be sure. Was wondering if anyone had any advice. Not sure if all these things are connected.

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep paralysis and paranormal activity
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 11:00:11 pm »
Quote from: Stitchd;195013
I moved in with my 3 girlfriends and their mother in a 2 story house about a year ago. They let me practice witchcraft and often join in. Such as full moon rituals, house blessings, wish magic, meditation; basic prosperity things. I always have lavender or Palo Santo burning. Anyway, I work graveyard so I only experience strange things on my days off. I hear scratches and taps on the walls. If it were on the roof, I would dismiss this. It would just be our 2 black cats just chasing birds or bugs and what not. 2 of my friends were upstairs once just hanging out and they both heard a humming. They have also experienced sleep paralysis. That is nothing that concerns us, but I feel the need to mention it to keep things as rational as possible. Now, what I am concerned about is one friend that sleeps upstairs. Its a very wide room with a walk in closet and huge bathroom. It could be even called the master bedroom. Well, when she has the guts, she sleeps with the lights off which is rare. She is always visited by beings with long arms. Sometimes they run at her and try to attack her. She sometimes fights them off or is held down. I'm thinking its sleep paralysis, but I can't be sure. Was wondering if anyone had any advice. Not sure if all these things are connected.

I can't tell you, but I think a good place for your friend to start would be on stuff for waking from sleep paralysis (I have a good post on this bookmarked somewhere, but I know offhand that two pieces of advice are to keep your eyes shut, and to slowly start with wiggling your fingers and toes, until you have better control of your body (at which point, one being more awake, the hallucinations should end)).

[I forgot about your first couple sentences and wrote a thing recommending burning lavender here]

If breaking sleep paralysis doesn't seem to help, then it might be time for her to see a doctor and also for working on some sort of banishing in that room.

As a small note, although I think sleep paralysis is mundane at least 98% of the time, I do think it is a state in which seeing more tangible spirits or whatnot is more possible, due to the weird liminal state of things, and because spiritual dreams are a thing, and SP hallucinations are, to me, like half-dreams.

Stitchd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 11:23:34 pm »
Quote from: Scales;195014
I can't tell you, but I think a good place for your friend to start would be on stuff for waking from sleep paralysis (I have a good post on this bookmarked somewhere, but I know offhand that two pieces of advice are to keep your eyes shut, and to slowly start with wiggling your fingers and toes, until you have better control of your body (at which point, one being more awake, the hallucinations should end)).

[I forgot about your first couple sentences and wrote a thing recommending burning lavender here]

If breaking sleep paralysis doesn't seem to help, then it might be time for her to see a doctor and also for working on some sort of banishing in that room.

As a small note, although I think sleep paralysis is mundane at least 98% of the time, I do think it is a state in which seeing more tangible spirits or whatnot is more possible, due to the weird liminal state of things, and because spiritual dreams are a thing, and SP hallucinations are, to me, like half-dreams.

I've tried banishment spells. But, I have never been attacked, probably because I am the only doing banishment spells. The noises still continue. Could be something mundane. Thank you for your response.

Stitchd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 11:30:03 pm »
Quote from: Stitchd;195015
I've tried banishment spells. But, I have never been attacked, probably because I am the only doing banishment spells. The noises still continue. Could be something mundane. Thank you for your response.

I also want to mention ufo phenomenon. If anyone has experience with that too, any advice would be welcomed. Especially, if anyone has tried dealing with visitations with magic. Its an area I don't hear of often in the pagan community.

Stratplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 11:19:46 pm »

i have had my share of sleep paralysis its very crazy

Jasper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 12:45:52 pm »

I'm trying to remember a bit of lore about keeping bottles by the bed as protection against night hags, but I forget the details.

Tags: