Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Snow and Travel in a Dream  (Read 2830 times)

astra

• View Profile
Snow and Travel in a Dream
« on: August 14, 2016, 08:32:38 am »
After a read-through of topics, I decided to post this here. I apologize if it's not in the correct place. I couldn't find a topic that covered dreams.:confused:

I had a dream last night that I was in a three story Victorian home. The kind you see all over New England where I grew up. I found myself running up the stairs with my husband (who is kind of background, but there). I remember from the dream that there were black lipped "zombies" for lack of a better term chasing us, but some of them were actually passive as we went by them, just completely non reactive observers. We were climbing higher to the top floor. Some of these zombies were "turning" in front of me suddenly, from normal people to pale, with black lips, and foggy eyes.

Somehow I end up on a phone call with my niece (recently turned 18 in Feb, and became pregnant with her 16 yr old boyfriend) who is apologizing and upset that she's not being "accepted" by the family due to her choices. She's crying that she feels isolated, (no wonder since she moved out to a tiny town outside of our small town with her boyfriend's family). The phone call ends.

We escape out a window and find ourselves on the highway. It's a blizzard outside, the roads are covered in snow and I can tell it's day time but there's no sunshine at all due to the storm:(. We are all over the road because it's covered in snow and ice, and we pull off into the woods. More "zombies" are discovered coming at us. We run into the woods and my husband falls behind, which buys me some time to get further away.

That's the last thing I remember before waking up.

I wish I remembered more - very vivid though. Probably one of the more vivid dreams I have had in awhile.

Any dream interpreters in the forum want to take a crack at deciphering this?

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Snow and Travel in a Dream
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:34:06 am »
Quote from: astra;194986

Long long time since I did any dream interpretation, but I'm sure that if I get this wrong there will be more interpretations forthcoming which might be more skillful.

So you start off in the kind of house you grew up in, which makes the connection with family, perhaps?  The 'zombies' are black lipped, which may be connected to speech or opinions.  Then the phone call with your niece - now, this interpretation is based on the assumption that your niece has actually become pregnant in fact rather than just simply in the dream...

There is danger here, and the danger initially is from people (though not people, people who are turning into less than people).

You escape out of the house (out of civilisation/the town) into the open, but also to where there is new danger from the blizzard.  And more than that, you pull off the road and into the woods because of the ice.

Your husband is there as a background figure only, and eventually falls behind.  This tells me this dream may be predominantly about you and your niece.  Could it be that you feel on some level your husband may share the views of your wider family, that your niece has made poor choices?  And that you're the only one being supportive towards your niece, as the others are all too busy being judgemental (or not involving themselves, and just being passive observers, with their foggy eyes).

The escape to the icy cold forest represents a sort of turning away from those people through necessity, and plunging into the scary natural world (the world of pregnancy and childbirth, by your niece's side?)  The cold imagery of the snow and ice & the darkness of the storm may represent the fear that standing by your niece's side may create a rift with yourself and the rest of your family.  But snow does also purify, so there's a ray of hope that whatever happens any possible rift could in time be mended.

I realise this may seem a kind of harsh interpretation, as I'm kind of indicating that you're comparing family members subconsciously to 'zombies' due to a difference of opinion - obviously I don't know you, but please know that I don't mean any offence by this.  This is just what the imagery says to me at this moment.

Of course you will also need to identify whether you feel like the above interpretation fits with what's going on in your own subconscious - feel free to disregard the above if it doesn't feel right to you, as only you can possibly know that.  I'd be interested to know, eventually, if you feel like this is vaguely on target in any way, if you wouldn't mind.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

astra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 10:30:53 am »
Quote from: Pickle;194993

I realise this may seem a kind of harsh interpretation, as I'm kind of indicating that you're comparing family members subconsciously to 'zombies' due to a difference of opinion - obviously I don't know you, but please know that I don't mean any offence by this.  This is just what the imagery says to me at this moment.

Actually, I think you really nailed it pretty darn close! My niece actually did become pregnant, and so yes there is family drama surrounding this whole situation.

This morning, I asked my sister if my niece was "okay" because I had a dream about her. She said "That's funny you ask, she texted me last night, really distraught and feeling alone isolated and scared, etc."

So I just told my sister at the very basic level, my dream was essentially getting the notion she needs feminine guidance, support, and etc. We have been basically abandoning her in this time that she really needs support. We need to look beyond the disappointment, and negative feelings (anger, shame, whatever, etc), and start to be there for her. I think she's wallowed in her consequences long enough.

My sister and her family are Catholic, so the pregnancy out of wedlock thing was a major point of contention for her and her husband, as well as for my parents, etc. I don't necessarily share these views that a person should be shunned after making a mistake. We are human, and fallible.

Hopefully, we can all come together to make sure my niece feels the emotional support she needs!

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 12:28:57 pm »
Quote from: astra;194996
Actually, I think you really nailed it pretty darn close!

I'm so relieved you didn't take any offence - I hope you and your family members can all work through it all without too much difficulty, and soon.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 12:30:45 am »
Quote from: astra;194986
After a read-through of topics, I decided to post this here. I apologize if it's not in the correct place. I couldn't find a topic that covered dreams.:confused:

I had a dream last night that I was in a three story Victorian home. The kind you see all over New England where I grew up. I found myself running up the stairs with my husband (who is kind of background, but there). I remember from the dream that there were black lipped "zombies" for lack of a better term chasing us, but some of them were actually passive as we went by them, just completely non reactive observers. We were climbing higher to the top floor. Some of these zombies were "turning" in front of me suddenly, from normal people to pale, with black lips, and foggy eyes.

Somehow I end up on a phone call with my niece (recently turned 18 in Feb, and became pregnant with her 16 yr old boyfriend) who is apologizing and upset that she's not being "accepted" by the family due to her choices. She's crying that she feels isolated, (no wonder since she moved out to a tiny town outside of our small town with her boyfriend's family). The phone call ends.

We escape out a window and find ourselves on the highway. It's a blizzard outside, the roads are covered in snow and I can tell it's day time but there's no sunshine at all due to the storm:(. We are all over the road because it's covered in snow and ice, and we pull off into the woods. More "zombies" are discovered coming at us. We run into the woods and my husband falls behind, which buys me some time to get further away.

That's the last thing I remember before waking up.

I wish I remembered more - very vivid though. Probably one of the more vivid dreams I have had in awhile.

Just thought I'd let you know that the topic name you were looking for is Oneiromancy. There are a few topics on the subject to be located using that keyword but are all at least a year old. So likely no harm posting this one.

As for the dream interpretation... not one of my better skills. That one was one of my Dad's and he's already gone on his way to the afterlife. My opinion more or less meshes with Phouka's though so she might be right.

Health and happiness to your niece & her little one too. I became a father a couple months after I turned eighteen and I had absolutely no familial assistance from either side during that time and was homeless to boot. While I ended up stronger because of the experience... Still, a little help from familiar people would have been nice.

Plus, now you'll have a new youngin' to spoil!
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Tags: