Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: ADMIN: Hosts Moving -- Sunflower has Temporary Host Authority  (Read 4069 times)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
ADMIN: Hosts Moving -- Sunflower has Temporary Host Authority
« on: August 13, 2016, 03:11:31 pm »
For those who did not already know, LyricFox and I are moving to Ohio near the end of this month. This means I will be away from the board for the next month or so -- with will few quick visits possible if I have the time. This means:

a) Effective immediately, Sunflower has temporary host authority concerning rules violations and any similar things that might become issues while Lyric and I are away from the board. This includes the ability to make temporary rules changes if absolutely necessary. You can appeal any of her decisions that directly affect you if you really want to once LyricFox and I get up to speed when return to active status, but remember if we consider the appeal a waste of our time (the likely default), the response will likely hitting the permanent ban button. This temporary host-level authority will remain in effect until we announce we are back and active. We expect everyone to give Sunflower and the rest of the staff their support while we are busy moving 1200+ miles.

b) Our annual fund drive should start on August 20th. It will be delayed this year probably until late September -- at the earliest.

Prayers and good energy for a safe and successful move are welcome. The packers start packing us up on August 22. Packing and loading should take 3-4 days. They we hit the road with all our dogs and cats. Travel will be likely slow given Lyric's MS and back issues -- perhaps only 4-5 hours of road time per day.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: ADMIN: Hosts Moving -- Sunflower has Temporary Host Authority
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 07:16:10 am »
Quote from: RandallS;194956
For those who did not already know, LyricFox and I are moving to Ohio near the end of this month.

Best of luck with the move when it happens!
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

dragonflydreamer68

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: druidism
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 04:04:53 pm »
For those who did not already know, LyricFox and I are moving to Ohio near the end of this month. This means I will be away from the board . They we hit the road with all our dogs and cats. Travel will be likely slow given Lyric's MS and back issues -- perhaps only 4-5 hours of road time per day.

blessings for safe travels and best of luck on your new adventure

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 07:16:35 pm »
For those who did not already know, LyricFox and I are moving to Ohio near the end of this month.

Many congrats!! I know you guys have wanted out of Texas for quite some time now. All the best of luck with the move and the new life in the Midwest that's nearly palindromic and nearly consonant-free (O-I-O)!

And PLEASE, register to vote in your new home! Unlike Texas, it's a swing state.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 04:46:46 pm »
Quote from: Altair;195118
Many congrats!! I know you guys have wanted out of Texas for quite some time now. All the best of luck with the move and the new life in the Midwest that's nearly palindromic and nearly consonant-free (O-I-O)!

LOL. Thank you!

And PLEASE, register to vote in your new home! Unlike Texas, it's a swing state.

Don't worry. We intend to vote in November -- and it will not be for Trump.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Jabberwocky

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 05:11:34 pm »

a) Effective immediately, Sunflower has temporary host authority

I for one salute our new Sunflowerian overlords.
Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 07:54:29 am »
Quote from: Jabberwocky;195162
I for one salute our new Sunflowerian overlords.

The admin is dead, long live the admin?  No, wait, the admin is vacationing (to do important things) may we prosper under the admin until the old admin comes back.. That;s better.
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 10:38:26 am »
a) Effective immediately, Sunflower has temporary host authority concerning rules violations and any similar things that might become issues while Lyric and I are away from the board.

Sunflower...if you've ever had that twitchy, nagging desire to PRESS ALL THE BUTTONS...
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 08:16:52 pm »
Quote from: Allaya;195196
Sunflower...if you've ever had that twitchy, nagging desire to PRESS ALL THE BUTTONS...
I'm picturing the board loading for an administrator with a big shiny red button next to each poster... XD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Tags: