Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Strange Male?  (Read 3888 times)

Nymree

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Strange Male?
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:33 pm »
Apologies in advance, I wasn't sure where to post it since I'm unsure what to actually classify the experience and "character" I met.

This is something that has developed over time, but simply put I keep coming into contact with a male character both in dreams, waking and sleeping, and in meditation more recently. Until now I had assumed him to be my animus, after talking with my mentor about him, but now there's a second character very similar to the animus, but appearing almost on his own will. The two seem so alike, and actually I wonder if by assuming it to be the animus originally I developed a more conscious recognition of animus whilst this second active "thing" was around and separate from it. Sort of like "okay, so it's this thing, so I'll develop a deeper character for it so I can understand it better", thus deviating from the original and ending up with two characters? Maybe, just a thought...

I am very open to the idea that this is a manifestation of my subconscious/imagination/need for security right now, but I'm also unsure if my random emotions and calling out into the universe has attracted unwanted attention. I have had a few unsettling and strange experiences with this character, which is what lead me to test it in meditation.

I visualized a circle, asking aid from the God and Goddess with the following procedure/casting of protection. I then bid my spirit guides or guardians enter the circle, but also said for no harmful beings or energy to enter and only for beings with pure intent and the honest desire to act benevolent towards me to enter. The male character seemed to enter immediately, and when I asked if he was my imagination simply told me it doesn't matter.

I don't have a great amount of experience with these things, but thought I should check anyway. My imagination is wild at the best of times, and even before that meditation I had been visualizing when the male character appeared in my visualizations (which is what triggered me to check if he was harmful).

It could very well just be me and my crazy imaginings, or a subconscious need for protection and guidance in my path right now, but either way it's always better safe than sorry. I apologize for any ignorance I display here, I know very little in terms of animus/anima because I was only reading a brief skim-read after direction from my mentor, and didn't go beyond the first paragraph of the wiki page. However, I'm doing my best to make sense of all this, and am really unsure if I should be trusting this character if he is anything beyond my subconscious.

Thanks to any and all replies made. If anyone feels the need for me to share further knowledge on the nature of the character (appearance, experiences, etc.) then let me know and I'll add a comment with more info. However, this is a long post as it is and don't want to add info if it's deemed unnecessary for now.

Blessed Be :)

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
Re: Strange Male?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 07:03:22 pm »
Quote from: Nymree;194375
Apologies in advance, I wasn't sure where to post it since I'm unsure what to actually classify the experience and "character" I met.

This is something that has developed over time, but simply put I keep coming into contact with a male character both in dreams, waking and sleeping, and in meditation more recently. Until now I had assumed him to be my animus, after talking with my mentor about him, but now there's a second character very similar to the animus, but appearing almost on his own will. The two seem so alike, and actually I wonder if by assuming it to be the animus originally I developed a more conscious recognition of animus whilst this second active "thing" was around and separate from it. Sort of like "okay, so it's this thing, so I'll develop a deeper character for it so I can understand it better", thus deviating from the original and ending up with two characters? Maybe, just a thought...

I am very open to the idea that this is a manifestation of my subconscious/imagination/need for security right now, but I'm also unsure if my random emotions and calling out into the universe has attracted unwanted attention. I have had a few unsettling and strange experiences with this character, which is what lead me to test it in meditation.

I visualized a circle, asking aid from the God and Goddess with the following procedure/casting of protection. I then bid my spirit guides or guardians enter the circle, but also said for no harmful beings or energy to enter and only for beings with pure intent and the honest desire to act benevolent towards me to enter. The male character seemed to enter immediately, and when I asked if he was my imagination simply told me it doesn't matter.

I don't have a great amount of experience with these things, but thought I should check anyway. My imagination is wild at the best of times, and even before that meditation I had been visualizing when the male character appeared in my visualizations (which is what triggered me to check if he was harmful).

It could very well just be me and my crazy imaginings, or a subconscious need for protection and guidance in my path right now, but either way it's always better safe than sorry. I apologize for any ignorance I display here, I know very little in terms of animus/anima because I was only reading a brief skim-read after direction from my mentor, and didn't go beyond the first paragraph of the wiki page. However, I'm doing my best to make sense of all this, and am really unsure if I should be trusting this character if he is anything beyond my subconscious.

Thanks to any and all replies made. If anyone feels the need for me to share further knowledge on the nature of the character (appearance, experiences, etc.) then let me know and I'll add a comment with more info. However, this is a long post as it is and don't want to add info if it's deemed unnecessary for now.

Blessed Be :)

Hi!

I will not pretend to be an expert in this area, but I do have a fair amount of personal experience with encounters like this.

Will you elaborate a little for me? What was your protection ritual?  Did you feel/believe your circle was safe and secure and that only benevolent beings could get through?

Also, how do you feel around him?  Does he have distinguishable characteristics?  When he spoke to you, what was your visceral reaction?

Have you noticed anything else-in this plane-that's been unusual?  

love and light

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 09:08:43 pm »
Quote from: Nymree;194375
Interesting! I must say, though, that even if you don't consciously know much about this, because it's your own experiences I can't tell you one way or another, even if you asked me to deal the cards on it I should put so many disclaimers. (I also work with incorporeal people like this, who really don't seem to care if I approach them with a psychological or spiritual paradigm.)

Ironically, even Carl Jung's own spirits asked him to quit calling them "symbols" or "archetypes" because they were really real, and his reaction was basically, "Hrmm...these symbols are very insistent and vivacious..." So I'll call them Jung's spirits because I think that part was funny, but whenever someone casually claims that Jung was a spiritworker, my reaction is, "Whoa, there...that's not really accurate..."

I guess what I'm saying is, will the distinction make any difference to your relationship with this being (especially if they're one of those, "Whichever" incorporeal people)? Or is it more a difference to your relationship with other spiritworkers, so nobody calls you confused, fake, or otherwise less legitimate for voicing your experience in the way you interpret it (which we ought not to anyway, because that's just rude, right)?

Open question: If this being ever means harm or can accomplish harm, how different should dealing with that be psychologically versus spiritually?
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Nymree

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:05 am »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;194379

Will you elaborate a little for me? What was your protection ritual?  Did you feel/believe your circle was safe and secure and that only benevolent beings could get through?

Also, how do you feel around him?  Does he have distinguishable characteristics?  When he spoke to you, what was your visceral reaction?

Have you noticed anything else-in this plane-that's been unusual?  

love and light

The protection ritual was exactly as stated - I drew a circle in my mind and visualised the Goddess walking around the inside writing symbols of protection, and the same with the God on the outside creating a sheet of fire around the outside of the sphere. It did feel that the circle was safe, and that unless the goddess or god or myself permit anyone else entry they couldn't've entered.

The character always appears a little strange to me. Brunette, white, the perfect typical male teenager. Except his expression is usually blank, like he portrays nothing of his own thoughts and feelings, and he has this weird inhuman vibe to him - sort of like he's too normal. Very quiet and removed, I'm not actually sure if he even ever spoke until now. When he appears, he's either involved (I'll be visualizing running through the meadow or through a woodlands in meditation and he'll be with me) or removed (as if watching). Sometimes, when my visualization gets erratic and I fall off some cliff, I'll see him catch me, or in day-to-day life if I feel uneasy and exposed, or if my imagination starts to play with me, it's like I instinctively imagine him protecting me.

It sounds very much like the perfect teen fiction novel, but honestly he does give me a weird vibe. It's like he's too average and normal a guy, too much like the animus character except less wild and human? Or maybe less casual. I think it could be his expressionlessness that makes me on edge sometimes, and I can easily loose control of my imagination. At one point, I did see him flash into a demonized form, which freaked me out (triggering the protection and testing meditation).
I actually did a card reading on it, and although they were all positive cards (Ten of Pentacles reversed and The Sun) and although they have clear links into past similar readings on a linked subject, I took them to either mean that this is a positive thing, or this is a thing trying to appear positive and get my trust through promises of good fortune and prosperity. Maybe I'm looking at it too literal...

In terms of real life, the only odd things recently were a few random things in my life that could or could not be signs. Smashed pottery repeatedly appearing through my day, a black cat with an injured leg this morning across the road, etc. These could be unconnected, especially since the pottery has stopped appearing and could be connected to another thing in my life in terms of day-to-day symbols.

I have also become a little more receptive to energy - this is a skill I've started to practice recently, upon instruction of the afore-mentioned mentor, through Chakra meditations and just playing with the energy around me in different ways. Projecting an aura of calm, etc. Maybe that is relevant, maybe not...

Sorry to ramble, there's a lot of other tangents connected to this that aren't entirely related but add to the credibility of the cards/reading and may change the meaning of the symbols in my life etc. but there's just so much I wouldn't be able to write it all. I've concentrated on the most relevant info here, hope it makes sense?

Nymree

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:59:59 am »
Quote from: Faemon;194388
Open question: If this being ever means harm or can accomplish harm, how different should dealing with that be psychologically versus spiritually?

I suppose if it were spiritual, I would try to ignore it and build up protection, not getting involved with it at all and going into a "psychic defense" mode sort of thing. I'll admit, I listen to too much "Real Ghost Stories Online", a paranormal podcast, and since they tend to talk of malevolent spirits often on there I would take their advice to not directly engage the being.

If it were psychological, though, I would either try to confront whatever underlying issue it signified, or utilize the character in order to figure out the issue and deal with it/work around it. However, if I assumed it to be this and it was found to be spiritual, it could be completely counter-productive. If that makes sense?

It could be, as you suggest, no difference whether if it were spiritual or psychological, but I suppose I'm mostly concerned with whether or not it is genuinely harmful (no contradiction meant there) or if it has purer intent. It could be a very useful ally, considering my near-to psychic blindness, and if it were psychological in that case it would make little difference other than to act as a gateway to working more with my own instincts and psychic awareness. Either way, trying to figure out it's nature (harmful or helpful) would be useful, I guess, in order to establish if I should be ignoring it or working with it/them/him.

Again, I've rambled. Am I making any sense? It's quite early for me in the morning and I just woke up, haha :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:02:10 am by Nymree »

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 11:04:54 pm »
Quote from: Nymree;194394
I suppose if it were spiritual, I would try to ignore it and build up protection, not getting involved with it at all and going into a "psychic defense" mode sort of thing. I'll admit, I listen to too much "Real Ghost Stories Online", a paranormal podcast, and since they tend to talk of malevolent spirits often on there I would take their advice to not directly engage the being.

If it were psychological, though, I would either try to confront whatever underlying issue it signified, or utilize the character in order to figure out the issue and deal with it/work around it. However, if I assumed it to be this and it was found to be spiritual, it could be completely counter-productive. If that makes sense?

It could be, as you suggest, no difference whether if it were spiritual or psychological, but I suppose I'm mostly concerned with whether or not it is genuinely harmful (no contradiction meant there) or if it has purer intent. It could be a very useful ally, considering my near-to psychic blindness, and if it were psychological in that case it would make little difference other than to act as a gateway to working more with my own instincts and psychic awareness. Either way, trying to figure out it's nature (harmful or helpful) would be useful, I guess, in order to establish if I should be ignoring it or working with it/them/him.

Again, I've rambled. Am I making any sense? It's quite early for me in the morning and I just woke up, haha :)

Hi Nymree! Sorry to have left this hanging. Hrmm, sometimes I'm more open to treating my incorporeal people as separate autonomous beings and sometimes I'm more open to analyzing them as psychological symbols. This is depending on how I feel at the time. From what I've seen, they're usually, "Eh," about it either way. I can understand spiritworkers having it up ta here being told that it's all just in their(our?) heads, and pushing back with how if they are real and unbelievers keep insisting otherwise then it's rude and dangerous but, eh, my ones continue going "eh" either way.

Besides, I don't believe or feel it's even personally healthy to keep it in my head just because it's mostly there, either: When one of them told me to do a thing, she turned out to be completely right, so while I don't let myself say "The gods made me" or "The fairies made me" I'm not going to not do something just because it could be psychological in origin as though it out to stay there. Some older traditions seem to have it sorted, stops my ramble! (And if you can access YouTube, is the short video that got me to make the connection between ritualism and the liminal/psychic stuff, and value that connection...rather than see it as a vulnerability I can't afford, like if you put up a statue and someone else hates your faith then they can vandalize the statue. If I keep it less practical, it's safer?

I'm starting to ramble off-topic, but my point is that if it's a feasible decision to make the spiritual more tangible and practical anyway—which I still might, because I really really want to—then the same sort of "line crossing" can happen theoretically. Because it feels right. Because you decided and chose.)

When it does matter, well, in my flip-flopping I do find myself in the occasional position of making a distinction, and compare it to how some other spiritworker or liminalist makes a distinction, and...it's different and there's so many of those that I kind of just throw my hands up and decide for myself anyway. :p So, for example, I was reading On Becoming An Alchemist by Catherine MacCoun, who tended to be very dismissive of what was referred to as Atavistic Clairvoyance. By the description, Atavistic Clairvoyance is what I settled into with my liminal work, they're stuff I'm aware most other people can't sense the way I can, but keep recurring even when I don't call it up, and they tend to show some consistency or continuity.

What MacCoun evidently considered more helpful (through different personal experiences than mine) is to ignore those, because if you didn't make them up, somebody else did just make it up, and that's what sensitive psychic people pick up on with Atavistic Clairvoyance. What MacCoun considered "real" were abstract concepts that one must force themselves to hold onto and follow, like that's how MacCoun knows a lighter being or an angel is speaking, because that's how the nature/mechanics of the "higher reality" is understood—whereas Atavistic stuff are just made-up characters. But for me, it feels fake if I force myself to keep thinking something, which seems to be the prerequisite for communicating with lighter beings.

So, that's whether it's psychic or psychic. Whether it's unfriendly or helpful, personally...if it's unfriendly, I guess my question usually isn't "Is it even real?" but "Can I be bothered to wrestle this right now?" And if the answer to the latter is something like a yes, I generally just do all the things at almost the same time: shadow work then banishing then grounding-centering then banishing again because I ought to have done that first and then shadow work in case I made a big fuss about nothing then (if they'll come back) having a civil conversation in case the timing or first impression was just wrong and then shadow work in case I imagined that interaction. I am annoying. It probably keeps most unwanted otherworldly company away, but fairies don't mind, so I guess that's how I know they're my real home and family. Uhh...don't take my advice, though, because I'm so obviously really sloppy? :p
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:27:52 am by SunflowerP »
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: