Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Anyone still here?  (Read 3710 times)

Morriazh

• View Profile
Anyone still here?
« on: July 24, 2016, 09:11:22 am »
Hi all on Flamekeeping SIG.

I've just recently discovered Flamekeeping and it's actually the reason I'm here on the forum. However, I notic that the last activity on this SIG were last year.
Has the SIG dissipated or has it been discontinued or (which I hope the most) has it just been lacking active members recently?

Morriazh (a concerned flamekeeper.)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Anyone still here?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 05:12:49 pm »
Quote from: Morriazh;194360
Hi all on Flamekeeping SIG.

I've just recently discovered Flamekeeping and it's actually the reason I'm here on the forum. However, I notic that the last activity on this SIG were last year.
Has the SIG dissipated or has it been discontinued or (which I hope the most) has it just been lacking active members recently?

Hi, Morriazh, and welcome to TC!

That's a complicated question to answer. Many of those who were involved in FK are no longer very active on TC (and in some cases, aren't around at all any more), for a wide variety of reasons, so the short answer is along the lines of, 'has had enough of a lack of active members for long enough that it has effectively dissipated'. It hasn't been outright discontinued, though, and those who are still around are completely welcome to keep having convos in the SIG.

There are lots of threads here to read, as you've probably already noticed. As well, while the original FK website is defunct (first it was hacked, more recently someone else snagged the domain), its content is still available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, and a blog-based community started by some FK practitioners here.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:13:54 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;194397

That's a complicated question to answer. Many of those who were involved in FK are no longer very active on TC (and in some cases, aren't around at all any more), for a wide variety of reasons, so the short answer is along the lines of, 'has had enough of a lack of active members for long enough that it has effectively dissipated'. It hasn't been outright discontinued, though, and those who are still around are completely welcome to keep having convos in the SIG.

There are lots of threads here to read, as you've probably already noticed. As well, while the original FK website is defunct (first it was hacked, more recently someone else snagged the domain), its content is still available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, and a blog-based community started by some FK practitioners here.

Sunflower

Also there's the Bright Flame, Dark Flame Wordpress, as you mentioned on another thread, Sunflower.

ETA: And now I see that you already mentioned that. Thanks, dyslexia. Ah well!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:14:37 am by Naomi J »
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Morriazh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 04:40:30 pm »
First of all, thank you very much for replying to my question. I thought it'd go unanswered. I apologize for my own slow reply, which seems contradictory to the question I started with. I have had some internet troubles, so I hope you can forgive me.

Thank you very much Sunflower!

That's a complicated question to answer. Many... ...completely welcome to keep having convos in the SIG.

Okay thank you very much for that information. I was worried that, that was what had happened, but anyhow I do look forward to digging into old posts and conversations and learn a bit from it all.

There are lots of threads...

...Sunflower

Thank you a lot for those tips. As it isn't the most widespread thing on the internet, it can be difficult to dig up. So I really do appreciate the help. Well thanks for clearing things up for me.

Quote from: Naomi J;194471
Also there's... ...Ah well!

Thank you Naomi! Even though it was mentioned as you discovered, I'm still thankful for you sharing that with me. Any help is always appreciated!

So thanks to you both and hopefully something will liven up the Flamekeeping once again.
Good day to you both!

Morriazh

Tags: