collapse

Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 491 times)

Sedadaze

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!
« on: July 19, 2016, 12:44:30 pm »
Hello there!

I'm Mike. Terrific to be here!

My first foray into pagan/wicca so I wanted to make sure I have everything right/correct/feels right(?)

So, one fine spring morning, I found myself barefoot and walking along a trail near where I live. It was a very quiet trail just kind of bridging two main roads in the town.

Anyway, I had a supply of marijuana with me and I got pretty toasty and I started to feel the life around me and I started to sense a presence. I had an epiphany that the trees and the earth was alive and they loved me. I kissed the grass and hugged a tree and literally said, "thank you".

That was kind of the beginning of my spirituality. Since then, I've smoked a lot more (I'm kind of what you might call "chronic") and I've come to believe that I'm a soul, an entity inhabiting and piloting a meat machine that I have to take care of.

I sure hope that makes sense to someone. I don't know what any of it means but they were very powerful experiences and I would like some guidance in understanding Paganism and Wicca. They seem to offer the closest explanations or insight into what's going on.

Thanks for reading!

(Oh, and I have some communication problems. If something wasn't clear or sounded...off, please let me know. I'll do my best to clarify :) )

Sedadaze

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 02:23:11 pm »
Quote from: Sedadaze;194219
Hello there!

My first foray into pagan/wicca so I wanted to make sure I have everything right/correct/feels right(?)

So, one fine spring morning, I found myself barefoot and walking along a trail near where I live. It was a very quiet trail just kind of bridging two main roads in the town.

Anyway, I had a supply of marijuana with me and I got pretty toasty and I started to feel the life around me and I started to sense a presence. I had an epiphany that the trees and the earth was alive and they loved me. I kissed the grass and hugged a tree and literally said, "thank you".

That was kind of the beginning of my spirituality. Since then, I've smoked a lot more (I'm kind of what you might call "chronic") and I've come to believe that I'm a soul, an entity inhabiting and piloting a meat machine that I have to take care of.

I sure hope that makes sense to someone. I don't know what any of it means but they were very powerful experiences and I would like some guidance in understanding Paganism and Wicca. They seem to offer the closest explanations or insight into what's going on.

Thanks for reading!

(Oh, and I have some communication problems. If something wasn't clear or sounded...off, please let me know. I'll do my best to clarify :) )

Nevermind. Thanks anyway.

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »
Quote from: Sedadaze;194236
Nevermind. Thanks anyway.

Hello! I don't know exactly what your Nevermind-message means, but I hope, that you will find this forum informative.

Wicca is just one of the modern Pagan religions, and the word 'Wicca' is used in several different ways. There exist many other modern Pagan religions. I practice Druidry and some other things.

Personally, I don't share your enthusiasm for using drugs as means for attaining Altered States of Consciousness. I attain these states without drugs. People here in the community probably have many different opinions about that (and many other things), so I am sure, that you will find some participants who share your way to mystical experiences. Have you tried visualising meditation when you are sober? It is a very useful method.

Sedadaze

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 03:01:21 pm »
Quote from: FraterBenedict;194237

Personally, I don't share your enthusiasm for using drugs as means for attaining Altered States of Consciousness. I attain these states without drugs. People here in the community probably have many different opinions about that (and many other things), so I am sure, that you will find some participants who share your way to mystical experiences. Have you tried visualising meditation when you are sober? It is a very useful method.

That was quick. I'm bisexual as well. Wanna shame me for that too?

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 04:23:28 pm »
Quote from: Sedadaze;194239
That was quick.

Hi Sedadaze - don't take offence at what I'm about to say ... but do try not to be too oversensitive, 'kay?  :)  As an impartial third party to the above message exchange, I don't see anything wrong with what Frater said to you, and I don't think he was trying to shame you, just expressing his personal views.  There's a lot of that here, and similarly you're free to express your views too (so long as you don't repeatedly contravene any site rules in doing so).

By the way, I'm not a mod, and hope I haven't 'stepped over' any rules in posting the above!

Welcome to the site, I hope you can settle in and find some helpful info here.  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 06:36:16 pm »
Quote from: Sedadaze;194239
That was quick. I'm bisexual as well. Wanna shame me for that too?

No, and I didn't shame you. I just disagreed. You will, by time, find that participants here disagree about a lot of things. It would be strange if we didn't. We are not clones of each other.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 08:35:36 pm »
Quote from: Sedadaze;194219
Hello there!

Thanks for reading!

Greetings and hello! Nice to meet you.
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: