Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Using Tarot Cards in Spells  (Read 3152 times)

xGypsy13x

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Using Tarot Cards in Spells
« on: July 16, 2016, 01:05:18 pm »
Does anyone else use tarot cards in their spellwork? There are only a couple of things I use them for other than divination, like using the tower and swords card for hexes, and using cards like strength or the magician to make mojo bags. If you use tarot cards in your spells how do you use them?

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Using Tarot Cards in Spells
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 03:11:00 pm »
Quote from: xGypsy13x;193965
Does anyone else use tarot cards in their spellwork? There are only a couple of things I use them for other than divination, like using the tower and swords card for hexes, and using cards like strength or the magician to make mojo bags. If you use tarot cards in your spells how do you use them?

I use them sometimes. I  use them much the same way some people use crystals - I pick cards whose energy is in line with my goal.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 02:27:15 pm »

Yes, I have used tarot cards, oracle cards and various rune sets in ritual.

I have used them as a focus card, to help set my intention, as corner guardians and circle boundary (picking cards that enforced my intention or had characteristics I wanted to protect from).  I attended a ritual where everyone was given one card from a deck as a takeaway for the year (this was closer to traditional divination).  I have set a card on my altar to bring that energy into my days.  I had a friend who couldn't keep a full set of tools when he was in the military, so he used his tarot deck as his toolbox, using different cards to stand in for tools when he worked.

I actually just wrote a whole article on this very topic (non-standard uses for divination tools) for the Wyld Zine I helped put together :)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 05:52:09 pm »

I don't often, but occasionally I'll use them as a symbol, such as representing a goal or to charge something. One of the more concrete examples belongs more to a friend than to me- she uses cards for when a spell calls for a goddess* statue or representative.

* Not only for goddess things, but that example is a pretty common requested element in wicca/wiccish spellbooks

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 10:42:49 am »
Does anyone else use tarot cards in their spellwork?

Yep, I've used em, as visual foci or representations of the elements, mostly.  
There's a book out there called Tarot Spells which gives you all manner of different things to try.  (and there are other titles besides)  You can do em straight out of the book or customise them to your situation/needs.

Also, plugging 'tarot spells' into your search engine should turn up a metric shit-ton of resources.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Tags: