Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Being with someone of a different religion.  (Read 5944 times)

Dam

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Being with someone of a different religion.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 10:08:03 am »
Quote from: xGypsy13x;193930
So i am married to a Christian woman, Thankfully she is very accepting of my religious views but i can always sense a bit of disbelief when the topic comes up. On that note, does anyone else have a significant other, family member, or just anyone close in general with different views? Are there any difficulties you face with this, and how do you make it work out?

I try to keep my faith pretty private to myself due to poor past experiences. Most of my friends have no faith because their parents taught them not to, which makes them struggle to see anything outside of their own views.

My mother is a Christian. My father was a minister, but left Christianity and has practiced paganism for most of my life that I am able to remember. I will happily talk to them both about their faiths, but neither of them are aware of mine. I find that this has worked pretty well to avoid conflict. If somebody asked me outright if I had faoth in something I would tell them, but it has never come up.

My (regretably) ex-girlfriend and I had different religious beliefs. At the time I was an atheist who liked to study religion, and she was a pretty agressive atheist.  Over time she developed an interest in Wicca and seemed to commit herself to it. The difference in beliefs never caused much friction and I found it interesting to talk to her about them. The friction that did arise came from her thinking it was sad that I lacked faith in anything. At this point nobody was aware that I was a heathen, so when I told her she wondered why I didnt want to make a bigger thing of it.

Tags: