collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 886 times)

downthewitchypath

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: July 09, 2016, 07:42:55 pm »
I have only recently began to accept and embrace my true pagan heart. I am currently trying to learn exactly what that means for me in a spiritual and practical sense in my every day life. That's how I came to find these forums...I am trying to learn as much as I possibly can to find what works for me, which I have found to be quite the challenge living in a small Southern town that is 99.95% Christian. So I am learning to do what I can with what I have and am seeking out likeminded people who may be able to lend some advice on this journey I've embarked upon.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 10:20:59 pm »
Quote from: downthewitchypath;193737
I have only recently began to accept and embrace my true pagan heart. I am currently trying to learn exactly what that means for me in a spiritual and practical sense in my every day life. That's how I came to find these forums...I am trying to learn as much as I possibly can to find what works for me, which I have found to be quite the challenge living in a small Southern town that is 99.95% Christian. So I am learning to do what I can with what I have and am seeking out likeminded people who may be able to lend some advice on this journey I've embarked upon.

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:49:09 am »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 06:46:05 am »

Hello.

If any of your questions concern topics such as pagan philosophers in the Roman Empire, mainland European magic or the Druid Revival, I am happy to be of assistance. Outside these topics, you better ask someone else.

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 08:14:30 am »
I have only recently began to accept and embrace my true pagan heart.

Hello and welcome to TC!

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 09:04:11 am »

Hello there! I, too come from a small town that is almost entirely Christian. You're definitely not alone, but there are more of us than you'd think. Good luck on your journey, and welcome!
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

downthewitchypath

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 02:17:12 pm »
Quote from: MeadowRae;193750
Hello there! I, too come from a small town that is almost entirely Christian. You're definitely not alone, but there are more of us than you'd think. Good luck on your journey, and welcome!

It is good to know that I am not alone!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :)

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 03:55:01 pm »

Hello down the witch path. I am probably fairly close to you as I live in the upstate of SC. I am HPS of an Eclectic Wiccan teaching coven and would be happy to to help you out. What type of information are you looking for? If you'd like more info on our coven, you can PM me here with contact info and I will be happy to discuss your questions. We have a webpage, catslairseminary.com if you would like visit.

Phouka

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 12:03:44 am »

Welcome to the forum! I can understand where you are coming from. I have a big Catholic family. The town I used to live in is a lot more Christian than anything. So I definitely know the feeling. Good luck on your journey!
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

downthewitchypath

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 10:32:30 am »
Quote from: Phouka;193870
Hello down the witch path. I am probably fairly close to you as I live in the upstate of SC. I am HPS of an Eclectic Wiccan teaching coven and would be happy to to help you out. What type of information are you looking for? If you'd like more info on our coven, you can PM me here with contact info and I will be happy to discuss your questions. We have a webpage, catslairseminary.com if you would like visit.

Phouka

Hi...I'm actually in the northwestern corner of NC, so you're probably several hours away.  I have studied the Wiccan path in the past, and haven't really felt a connection there, but I will definitely check out your website.

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »

Welcome to TC, Witchy. Always nice to see a fellow Carolinian; especially one from a small town. I can commiserate since the place I grew up wasn't even a town; just a named area on a map in Wayne County and back then likely 100% christian.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 09:33:38 pm »
Quote from: downthewitchypath;193893
Hi...I'm actually in the northwestern corner of NC, so you're probably several hours away.  I have studied the Wiccan path in the past, and haven't really felt a connection there, but I will definitely check out your website.
hi again. The Seminary does have other paths that are taught. I just handle the Wiccan and Irish paganism sections. Please feel free to check it out.

Friendly_Viking

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 10:58:05 am »

Welcome!

dragonflydreamer68

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: druidism
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 06:03:42 pm »
I have only recently began to accept and embrace l Southern town that is 99.95% Christian. So I am learning to do what I can with what I have and am seeking out likeminded people who may be able to lend some advice on this journey I've embarked upon.

welcome

Tags: