Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Pseudoscience a theory I saw today  (Read 12096 times)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: a theory I saw today
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 07:55:11 am »
Quote from: addy;20614
Okay so I was watching the history channle today, and I was watching something really interesting. It was about hyrbrid creatures such as half dog half cat etc. The theory said that aliens brought down these creatures to earth. It showed like dragons and said they  were creatated by aliens. I can't really wrap my head around that lol. What are your views on this?

Bad Science.  Aliens.  And nothing paranormal that I can see.

My view is that this belongs in the Into The Twilight Zone forum's Pseudoscience folder, and I'm going to move it there as soon as I finish posting this reply.  I'll note, Addy, that this isn't a criticism of you (my guess is that you didn't even know we had a more suitable folder than this one) - but it certainly reflects what I think of the show you describe.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 08:01:16 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;20746
My view is that this belongs in the Into The Twilight Zone forum's Pseudoscience folder, and I'm going to move it there as soon as I finish posting this reply.

Randallism Alert:  I did not, after all, move it to the Pseudoscience folder, I moved it to the Psuedoscience folder.  That needs fixed, because I like and believe in microfibre much more than I like or believe in aliens doing bio-magic.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 11:36:54 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;20747
Randallism Alert:  I did not, after all, move it to the Pseudoscience folder, I moved it to the Psuedoscience folder.  That needs fixed, because I like and believe in microfibre much more than I like or believe in aliens doing bio-magic.

Sunflower

Oh okies , thank you! :) sorry for the inconvicence

Shadow

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 12:13:32 pm »
What are your views on this?

That is the reason I decided to drop the knowledge package! I only got them originally because I thought THC would have more history... how naive of me :rolleye::

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 12:23:53 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;20617
That the History Channel is stooping to new lows for ratings?

Brina

Yep. That. Right there.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Livia Indica

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 09:33:40 pm »
Okay so I was watching the history channle today, and I was watching something really interesting. It was about hyrbrid creatures such as half dog half cat etc. The theory said that aliens brought down these creatures to earth. It showed like dragons and said they  were creatated by aliens. I can't really wrap my head around that lol. What are your views on this?

There's plenty of theories that state that aliens seeded the earth and that our gods are just our understanding of them. It's a long held type of theory by many out there. There are even folks who say that Biblical things, like Jacob's ladder, are actually aliens. Weirdness.

R03e

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:01 pm »

I find it hard to believe that aliens would actually bother to travel perhaps hundreds of light years simple to drop off a dragon or any other animal that might have been created by them.
R03e

R03e

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 10:16:32 pm »
Quote from: addy;20702
Agreed with you all! and I am pretty sure aliens dont care about our species lol I changed the channle guy was like "aliens came down to earth, obeserved it, took two animals made a hyrbid and brought it back to earth." I was like okay lol I had enough of this today.

Not to mention whether or not there is even a hybrid of a cat n dog.  I would ask pics or it didn't happen but just about anything could b photos hopped so I'm not even gong to bother w/ that.
R03e

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 10:59:31 pm »
Quote from: R03e;72720
Not to mention whether or not there is even a hybrid of a cat n dog.  I would ask pics or it didn't happen but just about anything could b photos hopped so I'm not even gong to bother w/ that.

Hyena. Pic.

:p

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 07:47:43 am »
Quote from: yewberry;20617
That the History Channel is stooping to new lows for ratings?

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

sailor

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 11:39:29 am »
Quote from: R03e;72718
I find it hard to believe that aliens would actually bother to travel perhaps hundreds of light years simple to drop off a dragon or any other animal that might have been created by them.

That assumes that they came to drop one off rather than passing by and crashing which lets one loose.  David Drake had a story http://www.baenebooks.com/chapters/0743435869/0743435869.htm?blurb along those lines.

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 01:57:08 pm »

Since most animals do little to destroy their own ecosystem the only animal I think would be alien is humans. You would like the Animal Planet show on Mermaids I saw on Sunday then. :eek: My friend recommended it.  That was a really big waste.

NibbleKat

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 02:21:52 pm »

Sorry, guys, but this is utterly true.

Here's evidence.

Evidence.

Believe the science!
I do altar art, icons, and pagan art!
http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
Ask if you\'re interested.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
a theory I saw today
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 09:57:31 pm »
Quote from: NibbleKat;72785
Sorry, guys, but this is utterly true.

Here's evidence.

Evidence.

Believe the science!

I really miss them.  *sigh*
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

anonymus

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 09:47:35 pm »
Okay so I was watching the history channle today, and I was watching something really interesting. It was about hyrbrid creatures such as half dog half cat etc. The theory said that aliens brought down these creatures to earth. It showed like dragons and said they  were created by aliens. I can't really wrap my head around that lol. What are your views on this?

It's kind of sad that the duming down of tv is effecting even the more "intelligent" networks. I remember when I was kid they used to have really good documentaries that actually taught me most of the stuff I needed to know for history class[allowing me to coast through with an easy A or B] now... Gods once this fully infects national geographic and C.S.I goes off the air what the hell am I supposed watch the Netflix archives will eventually be exhausted as I marathon show after show, I may have to start rationing episodes. I blame the damn "reality" tv craze.

Tags: