Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: For my initiation ceremony~  (Read 2749 times)

Mivi

• Apprentice
  • God divination/kut ceremony/prayerwork by apptmt!
    • View Profile
    • Website
  • Religion: 무속신앙 Mugyo
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
For my initiation ceremony~
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:44:15 pm »
I need to save up about ~35k USD asap. With very strict budgeting on my part (since I just got promoted to full time at my job - I'll be officially getting more hours next week and onward), I should be able to scrape up the amount in 2.5/3 years.

The ceremony is to rid myself of spirit sickness and to learn traditional methods from a Korean shaman living in my ancestors' city. A portion is for her time, some for the musicians, cooks and their helpers she'll need to hire, and also for all the offerings, rental of shrine site, and shrine tools I will need to take home with me (a lot of them need to be custom made to portray my gods).

I would very much appreciate any and all prayers for me to be able to reach this goal as soon as I can, through legal means and preferably without immediate family deaths.

If anyone else is interested in my journey (I will be updating my wordpress/tumblr when I make my pilgrimage along with photos, etc) and want to offer more than prayers*, I have a paypal if you're interested. Link here.

*Please do not feel pressured, I simply include the link because a few people have asked.

Thank you so much for looking, praying on my behalf and all! I appreciate it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:47:12 pm by Mivi »
Mivi | Mudang (Korean shaman-priest)

만신

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: For my initiation ceremony~
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 10:46:01 pm »
Quote from: Mivi;193367
I need to save up about ~35k USD asap. With very strict budgeting on my part (since I just got promoted to full time at my job - I'll be officially getting more hours next week and onward), I should be able to scrape up the amount in 2.5/3 years.

The ceremony is to rid myself of spirit sickness and to learn traditional methods from a Korean shaman living in my ancestors' city. A portion is for her time, some for the musicians, cooks and their helpers she'll need to hire, and also for all the offerings, rental of shrine site, and shrine tools I will need to take home with me (a lot of them need to be custom made to portray my gods).

I would very much appreciate any and all prayers for me to be able to reach this goal as soon as I can, through legal means and preferably without immediate family deaths.

If anyone else is interested in my journey (I will be updating my wordpress/tumblr when I make my pilgrimage along with photos, etc) and want to offer more than prayers*, I have a paypal if you're interested. Link here.

*Please do not feel pressured, I simply include the link because a few people have asked.

I admire your work in increasing the presence/recognition of Korean diaspora culture and spirituality. I'm not Korean myself, but I'm cheering on this tradition continuing to live, thrive, and adapt well to the information age (and every other context that it would) through you, and members of KDWA, and all your compatriots who have this calling.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Mivi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:41:29 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;193428
I admire your work in increasing the presence/recognition of Korean diaspora culture and spirituality. I'm not Korean myself, but I'm cheering on this tradition continuing to live, thrive, and adapt well to the information age (and every other context that it would) through you, and members of KDWA, and all your compatriots who have this calling.

Thank you so much!

만신

Mivi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 09:17:50 am »
Quote from: Mivi;193367

Can't edit this into the original post, but here's a fundraiser link, if others prefer that!

만신

Mivi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 07:31:47 pm »
Quote from: Mivi;193960
Can't edit this into the original post, but here's a fundraiser link, if others prefer that!

An update!  My ceremony is scheduled for the end of this august. According to my spirit mother, I was meant to take care of the full size shrine/home temple, and to perform/leaf grand rites and ceremonies. Please take a moment to share the youcaring link if you can't donate! Thank you!

만신

Tags: