collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 328 times)

Merlick

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Germanic Witch
Hello everyone!
« on: June 30, 2016, 05:44:46 pm »
To be honest, I'm pretty bad at introductions but let's try it anyway.

I'm Merlick. I live in a small village in Germany, work five to six days a week as an IT-saleswoman and I'm a witch.

My hobbies include reading and writing (mostly fantasy and horror), gaming (RPG), growing carnivorous plants (especially Sarracenia) and of course my cat Mau.

Although my parents were catholics and I was raised as one as well, I never felt a connection to this religion and its beliefs. And so began my journey to find something I could believe in.

My first contact with magic were a set of tarot cards, cheap and far too small for a normal person's hands but ideal for those of a twelve year old girl. It didn't take long and the book, that had come with them, was no longer needed. It was good to get started but the interpretations were far too one dimensional and the cards were too talkative for that.

The next thing I stumbled upon was wicca and it got me reading. I've worked my way through Silver Ravenwolf, Scott Cunningham, Marian Green and others just to name a few and it seemed as if I had found what I had been searching for. The gods smiled upon me and life was great.

Or so I thought. My life became one big mess and frankly it's been like this ever since. Not that I'm complaining, it just took a while to get used to it and that's where the germanic part of being a germanic witch comes into play.

When working with different pantheons I always got certain vibes from them. I felt like a lowly servant when dealing with egyptian gods, the babylonian gods seemed agressive, the greek ones just strange and the roman gods simply out of reach. But the germanic or norse gods, as they're also called, felt somehow like family (most of them) and I started working more and more with them instead of the others until I didn't call upon them at all.

Some might call me wiccatru, half wicca, half asatru but that's wrong in my eyes. I never considered myself wicca since I can't even obey their one rule and most asatruar I know don't see me as one of them because I chose to worship the gods in a more modern fashion while they are more reconstrucionalist.

So that's my story (the short version). Feel free to leave a comment and I'm seeing forward to some interesting conversations in the future.:D:

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:48:24 pm »
Quote from: Merlick;193321

Welcome to TC, Merlick!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 08:14:55 pm »
Quote from: Merlick;193321
To be honest, I'm pretty bad at introductions but let's try it anyway.

I'm Merlick. I live in a small village in Germany, work five to six days a week as an IT-saleswoman and I'm a witch.

My hobbies include reading and writing (mostly fantasy and horror), gaming (RPG), growing carnivorous plants (especially Sarracenia) and of course my cat Mau.

Although my parents were catholics and I was raised as one as well, I never felt a connection to this religion and its beliefs. And so began my journey to find something I could believe in.

My first contact with magic were a set of tarot cards, cheap and far too small for a normal person's hands but ideal for those of a twelve year old girl. It didn't take long and the book, that had come with them, was no longer needed. It was good to get started but the interpretations were far too one dimensional and the cards were too talkative for that.

The next thing I stumbled upon was wicca and it got me reading. I've worked my way through Silver Ravenwolf, Scott Cunningham, Marian Green and others just to name a few and it seemed as if I had found what I had been searching for. The gods smiled upon me and life was great.

Or so I thought. My life became one big mess and frankly it's been like this ever since. Not that I'm complaining, it just took a while to get used to it and that's where the germanic part of being a germanic witch comes into play.

When working with different pantheons I always got certain vibes from them. I felt like a lowly servant when dealing with egyptian gods, the babylonian gods seemed agressive, the greek ones just strange and the roman gods simply out of reach. But the germanic or norse gods, as they're also called, felt somehow like family (most of them) and I started working more and more with them instead of the others until I didn't call upon them at all.

Some might call me wiccatru, half wicca, half asatru but that's wrong in my eyes. I never considered myself wicca since I can't even obey their one rule and most asatruar I know don't see me as one of them because I chose to worship the gods in a more modern fashion while they are more reconstrucionalist.

So that's my story (the short version). Feel free to leave a comment and I'm seeing forward to some interesting conversations in the future.:D:

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: