Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Misleading Readings  (Read 2648 times)

Nymree

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Misleading Readings
« on: June 20, 2016, 02:58:23 am »
Hello All,

I've been getting back into my tarot practices recently, and I began to think about something that I couldn't find or think of my own answer to. I've done some research into it, and taken the time to think it over, but decided the best way to find some opinions and knowledge on the subject would be to ask those more experienced than myself.

My central questions are: Can beings, particularly negative beings, mess with your readings? And do spirit guides or other entities ever mislead divination?

This is simply something I began to wonder about, but wasn't too sure on and thought it best to ask. Apologies if I come across as anything other than politely curious - I haven't had the time to edit this or draft it since I'm in a bit of a rush today.

Thanks to any and all replies made! :)

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Misleading Readings
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 03:34:18 am »
Yep. It's happened to me. The reading in question was for a lady who asked about the identity of a guardian spirit that had been with her many years and had previously displayed tricksy behavior. I kept pulling cards that made no sense at all. I felt a distinct presence as I did so...
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:13:08 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;192753
Yep. It's happened to me. The reading in question was for a lady who asked about the identity of a guardian spirit that had been with her many years and had previously displayed tricksy behavior. I kept pulling cards that made no sense at all. I felt a distinct presence as I did so...

A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
HarpingHawke
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Nymree

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:15:57 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;192753
Yep. It's happened to me.

Was the misleading obviously noticeable to you, or more subtle? Thank you for sharing :)

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 11:19:06 am »
Quote from: Nymree;192760
Was the misleading obviously noticeable to you, or more subtle? Thank you for sharing :)
It was fairly obvious *to me*, as I got a very strong feeling of presence and interference when I was trying to read.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 01:30:50 pm »
Quote from: Nymree;192752
My central questions are: Can beings, particularly negative beings, mess with your readings? And do spirit guides or other entities ever mislead divination?

It could also be the person you were performing the reading for... In my case Tarot simply doesn't work. Anyone who tries gets a "fuzzy-headed" feeling and the cards never make sense.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

xGypsy13x

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 02:59:20 am »
Quote from: Nymree;192752
Hello All,

I've been getting back into my tarot practices recently, and I began to think about something that I couldn't find or think of my own answer to. I've done some research into it, and taken the time to think it over, but decided the best way to find some opinions and knowledge on the subject would be to ask those more experienced than myself.

This is simply something I began to wonder about, but wasn't too sure on and thought it best to ask. Apologies if I come across as anything other than politely curious - I haven't had the time to edit this or draft it since I'm in a bit of a rush today.

Thanks to any and all replies made! :)

It is entirely possible, i make sure i only do readings in my home, a place i know is free of any negative beings, now spirit guides im not sure of, strangely its something ive never thought about. I dont see why it wouldnt be possible.

Tags: