Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Hello light/goodbye light: midsummer 16  (Read 6937 times)

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello light/goodbye light: midsummer 16
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 02:53:21 pm »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;192677
Wow!  I think you're right, it seems magical in its rural/wild landscape.  Sighs. I almost moved back this summer, but jobs are scarce and you really have to have one nailed down before you go.

I kinda did it on a wing and a prayer and an "I'm pretty sure I have a job", but I don't recommend it. I was also in a unique position of being basically homeless (I could have moved in with my parents in a pinch but--yeah--no thanks. Being in a position where you have nothing to lose really opens up your options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 07:02:28 am »
Quote from: Sorcha;192680
I kinda did it on a wing and a prayer and an "I'm pretty sure I have a job", but I don't recommend it. I was also in a unique position of being basically homeless (I could have moved in with my parents in a pinch but--yeah--no thanks. Being in a position where you have nothing to lose really opens up your options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it was quite an adventure.

So originally I wasn't planning on having a Solstice fire- things were just too hectic with our upcoming trip (which I leave for in 2 hours, eep). But Fate begged to differ, and Thursday we had a doozy of a storm here. We were extremely fortunate, with no damage to our home and no loss of power- several neighbors of ours had trees fall onto their cars/homes, and some of my friends in the area went without power for 2 days. What the storm did bring us, though, was a literal windfall in dead wood from the upper branches of our oak tree.

Far be it from me to spurn a gift from the Gods, so I had that fire after all and gave thanks for our fortune.

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 10:52:47 am »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;192482
Anyway, anyone have any special recipes or rituals?  

I'll be charging opals for some new jewelry I'm making.  I'll be making a fire, burning honeysuckle thyme and sage.  I'll probably make a few new protection spells and amulets.  

And food!  😍  Corn pudding, fresh bread, berries.

Sigh.  i so look forward to my sabbats

I'll probably do something small tomorrow, today is pretty miserable weather-wise!

On Friday our local pagan group held a ritual at a large stone circle, it was wonderful!
Lots of delicious things to eat and drink! :whis:
And the rain held off for us thankfully- it started to come down as we were driving down, but thankfully it stopped!
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 09:20:20 pm »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;192482
Anyway, anyone have any special recipes or rituals?  

I did my usual yesterday (Monday, June 20)--outside before dawn, watch the sunrise, not allowed to set foot indoors (except for the briefest possible bathroom pit stops) until after sunset. "Out All Day," counterpoint to winter solstice's Up All Night...though this year with the added knowledge that the full moon fell on the same day. So astronomical double-whammy.

My boss after so many years is broken in by now, so he knows I'll be taking the day off. Time to give myself over to my senses...stunning NYC views, beautiful old trees in the parks, walking aimlessly for hours on end, stumbling across parts of the city I never knew before...and sensations for the palate: the cool velvet of a cone of soft serve, triggering memories of childhood; cherries bursting in my mouth with each careful bite; lemonade. That quintessential summer staple, a hot dog, smothered in mustard.

I spend the day trying to be aware and present, to savor life at its fullest. With luck, it sets the tone for the whole summer, so that I'm not just drinking in life this one day, but every day.

A very happy summer solstice to all!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:21:34 pm by Altair »
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 05:53:00 am »
Quote from: Altair;192854
I did my usual yesterday (Monday, June 20)--outside before dawn, watch the sunrise, not allowed to set foot indoors (except for the briefest possible bathroom pit stops) until after sunset. "Out All Day," counterpoint to winter solstice's Up All Night...though this year with the added knowledge that the full moon fell on the same day. So astronomical double-whammy.

I spend the day trying to be aware and present, to savor life at its fullest. With luck, it sets the tone for the whole summer, so that I'm not just drinking in life this one day, but every day.

A very happy summer solstice to all!

What a wonderful tradition! Sounds like you had a meaningful, memorable solstice.

I did have my tea at sunrise, but I also had pressed upon my heart to cut off my hair. I have had dreadlocks for the past year and a half for spiritual reasons, and I feel like I've actually learned quite more than I thought from the experience.

On Sunday, the Spirit let me know it was time for them to go. I was shocked and a little sad, but on Monday I had my mom cut them off and went to the shop to get a pixie cut. I feel and look...more like myself? It was transformational on multiple levels. I was going to ceremonially burn the hair, but it has been storming, so I currently have a bag of hair.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 06:56:35 pm »
Quote from: MeadowRae;192872
What a wonderful tradition! Sounds like you had a meaningful, memorable solstice.

I did have my tea at sunrise, but I also had pressed upon my heart to cut off my hair. I have had dreadlocks for the past year and a half for spiritual reasons, and I feel like I've actually learned quite more than I thought from the experience.

On Sunday, the Spirit let me know it was time for them to go. I was shocked and a little sad, but on Monday I had my mom cut them off and went to the shop to get a pixie cut. I feel and look...more like myself? It was transformational on multiple levels. I was going to ceremonially burn the hair, but it has been storming, so I currently have a bag of hair.

Took a hiatus, and came back to see this post.  I think at one point or another, we have all had a bag of hair.  I literally just found a lock of hair that belongs to a close friend, in a random box.  

Cutting hair is such an inherently spiritual experience. Welcome, new short haired exposed you!

Tags: