Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Brighid and Guanyin  (Read 2439 times)

makewhisper

• View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
Brighid and Guanyin
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:58:02 am »
So, my UPG is telling me that Brighid and Guanyin have some sort of working relationship. Years before I found Brighid I was a Buddhist, and I can't help but wonder if Guanyin led me to Buddhism. Another aspect of my UPG is that I feel that Brighid might want me to practice Buddhism while honoring her at the same time. Lately, I've  been working on trying to travel in the astral realm and Buddhist meditation seems relevant to my attempts at journeying. Finally, around the same time that I started to find Brighid I believe that Guanyin was also reaching out to me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:00:13 pm by makewhisper »

makewhisper

• View Profile
Re: Brighid and Guanyin
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:01:53 pm »
Quote from: makewhisper;192372
So, my UPG is telling me that Brighid and Guanyin have some sort of working relationship. Years before I found Brighid I was a Buddhist, and I can't help but wonder if Guanyin led me to Buddhism. Another aspect of my UPG is that I feel that Brighid might want me to practice Buddhism while honoring her at the same time. Lately, I've  been working on trying to travel in the astral realm and Buddhist meditation seems relevant to my attempts at journeying. Finally, around the same time that I started to find Brighid I believe that Guanyin was also reaching out to me.

Has anyone else had any experiences with these two goddesses?

NiDara

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheism, Clann Bhride
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her they/them
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:36:17 pm »
Quote from: makewhisper;192372

First off, hello to a fellow Brigidine Pagan! :) I don't have any experience with Guanyin, but I'm not really surprised at your involvement with both ladies. Their spheres of influence definitely have a lot in common (compassion, healing, knowledge, and others, I'm sure).

I'm in a Brighid group called Clann Bhride: Children of Brighid, so you could ask around  their Facebook page if any other devotees also have any interactions with Guanyin. As a side note, Clann Bhride has a Book of Hours for devotees that's filled with prayers, seasonal rituals, and lots of interesting essays.

makewhisper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:10 pm »
Quote from: Amber Seal;192376
First off, hello to a fellow Brigidine Pagan! :) I don't have any experience with Guanyin, but I'm not really surprised at your involvement with both ladies. Their spheres of influence definitely have a lot in common (compassion, healing, knowledge, and others, I'm sure).

I'm in a Brighid group called Clann Bhride: Children of Brighid, so you could ask around  their Facebook page if any other devotees also have any interactions with Guanyin. As a side note, Clann Bhride has a Book of Hours for devotees that's filled with prayers, seasonal rituals, and lots of interesting essays.

Hi there, nice to meet you! I ordered a copy of the Book of Hours so I can deepen my ritual practice. It's definitely an amazing resource for all of Brighid's children. :)

Guanyin and Brighid introduced Themselves to me around the same time, but I'm sensing that my devotion to Brighid is pretty exclusive. I had to give up my worship of Hekate because Brighid was calling me to a special focus on Her. I did a Tarot reading to sort out this business with Guanyin, and it seems like maybe I'm just calling on her to help me with my meditation and astral travels. She definitely has a beautiful energy though.

Tags: