"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Need info on the Jade Gate Chakra  (Read 8976 times)

Sup3rUnk0wn

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Need info on the Jade Gate Chakra
« on: May 27, 2016, 01:09:48 am »
So I've read in places that the "Jade Gate" Chakra is located at the bottom back of your skull. Then I've read that it's at your vagina. O.o Which is it? More info would be appreciated.

Like what does it govern? How can I cleanse it? Should I "Open" it? How do I open it?

Any info would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Need info on the Jade Gate Chakra
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:35:56 am »
Quote from: Sup3rUnk0wn;191924
So I've read in places that the "Jade Gate" Chakra is located at the bottom back of your skull. Then I've read that it's at your vagina. O.o Which is it? More info would be appreciated.

Like what does it govern? How can I cleanse it? Should I "Open" it? How do I open it?

Where have you read about it? I've never heard of it before.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Sup3rUnk0wn

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 02:46:47 am »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;191934
Where have you read about it? I've never heard of it before.

The site I learned about it on was taken down, but I've googled it and seen bits here and there on it, but nothing thorough, or trustworthy. It's hard to find anything on google now days. Oy.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:50:11 am »
Quote from: Sup3rUnk0wn;191935
The site I learned about it on was taken down, but I've googled it and seen bits here and there on it, but nothing thorough, or trustworthy. It's hard to find anything on google now days. Oy.

I just came across an article about chakras yesterday that explains why (short version: unsurprisingly, most of the Western-focused discussion about it has basically no historical backing in actual tantrick yoga practice, because basically every strand developed its own theories about where chakras were and which ones matter.)

I liked the author's take on 'if they work for you as a model in other forms, then yay, but don't spend a lot of energy on authentic historical practice matching unless you really want to know the historic practice in the first place, because it's not going to match."
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:54:48 am »
Quote from: Sup3rUnk0wn;191924

It sounds like a Chinese system to me, rather than an Indian one. The Chinese have dozens of bodily points for shen, qi and jing. Give me some time, I will check it up. I have a train to catch right now.

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 09:25:23 am »
Quote from: FraterBenedict;191943
It sounds like a Chinese system to me, rather than an Indian one. The Chinese have dozens of bodily points for shen, qi and jing. Give me some time, I will check it up. I have a train to catch right now.

This. It sounds like an acupuncture point to me, not a "chakra"
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Sup3rUnk0wn

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 05:06:12 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;191944

Well, yes maybe, though acupuncture is included with meditation practices.
From what I've researched it's connected to Tao, which from the little bits and pieces I have found includes the Dan Tien. I know very little about it, but it seems to be a practice that coorelates with the Kundalini. I can't specifically remember what it's called...

Quote from: Jenett;191942
I just came across an article about chakras yesterday that explains why (short version: unsurprisingly, most of the Western-focused discussion about it has basically no historical backing in actual tantrick yoga practice, because basically every strand developed its own theories about where chakras were and which ones matter.)

I liked the author's take on 'if they work for you as a model in other forms, then yay, but don't spend a lot of energy on authentic historical practice matching unless you really want to know the historic practice in the first place, because it's not going to match."

That's helpful. I'll keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:14:02 pm by Sup3rUnk0wn »

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 05:28:10 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;191944

Yes, indeed. I guess the thread-starter used a colloquialism, since Sanskrit is more well-known in the West than mandarin.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:29:42 pm by RecycledBenedict »

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 05:29:04 pm »
Quote from: Sup3rUnk0wn;191957
From what I've researched it's connected to Tao, which from the little bits and pieces I have found includes the Dan Tien. I know very little about it, but it seems to be a practice that coorelates with the Kundalini. I can't specifically remember what it's called...

Could it possibly be Neidan?

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 05:54:29 pm »

What kind of sources have you looked at? The Tao (Dao) is a Chinese philosophy/religious concept. Kundalini is specifically an Indian yoga practice. There's a lot of bullshit out there, if you pardon my language, that gets all of these complex and historically distinct practices muddled together.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Sup3rUnk0wn

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 06:18:41 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;191962
What kind of sources have you looked at? The Tao (Dao) is a Chinese philosophy/religious concept. Kundalini is specifically an Indian yoga practice. There's a lot of bullshit out there, if you pardon my language, that gets all of these complex and historically distinct practices muddled together.

Well, I looked at pictures related to Tai Chi, read a lot on wikipedia on Tao cause it seemed to be connected, and then there was that site that got taken down. Let me look up a bit more, so I can provide links to show you guys.

Sup3rUnk0wn

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »
Quote from: Sup3rUnk0wn;191964
Well, I looked at pictures related to Tai Chi, read a lot on wikipedia on Tao cause it seemed to be connected, and then there was that site that got taken down. Let me look up a bit more, so I can provide links to show you guys.

I was going to just edit my previous post, but for some reason there's no longer an edit button on my posts. Anyway, from what I've gathered what I'm researching relates to martial arts, and the website that got taken down was mixing Kundalini with chinese practices relating to the Chi. Sources wise I have a small scattering of info:
http://www.energyarts.com/energy-gates-qigong
That's one happy source that might give you guys a vague idea what I'm talking about. Um. Okay, maybe not a scattering of info. Couldn't find anything better than that. I should have saved the links I took my original knowledge from. Going to do that in the future. :whis:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:12:32 pm by Sup3rUnk0wn »

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 08:34:25 pm »
Quote from: Sup3rUnk0wn;191966
(...) and the website that got taken down was mixing Kundalini with chinese practices relating to the Chi.

If they did so, they were muddling the difference between the two systems. Better chose one, and stick to it.

Sup3rUnk0wn

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 08:44:43 pm »
Quote from: FraterBenedict;191969
If they did so, they were muddling the difference between the two systems. Better chose one, and stick to it.

You know what? It's got nothing to do with what I've talked about so far. It actually is a Kundalini practice. I was just getting the two confused, because I've been researching a LOT. Hah. Might be learning a little too much.

Anyway, if anyone knows what a Jade Gate is info would be muchly appreciated. ;)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 12:18:39 am »

A Reminder:
Hi, Sup3rUnk0wn,

Our rules  generally prohibit editing after more than 2-3 minutes.  (Correcting  typos or minor mistakes is OK, but don't forget to fill in the "Reason  for Editing" box so that we know what's going on.)  This is because  after that long, several people have already read what you've written,  and they won't see the changes you make.  Because of that, they will  have difficulty following the conversation when someone replies to your  new, updated post.

If you need to correct or add anything  significant after those 2-3 minutes, you should just reply to yourself  and give the correction or additional information in the new post.   Double-posting is not considered bad behaviour here, and this will help  keep everyone on the same page, so to speak.

This is also why you couldn't edit your post @ #11; we have the forum set to the shortest editing-time window the software allows, to prevent long-after-the-fact edits.

This isn't a formal  warning, just a reminder.  No reply is necessary, but if you have  questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of  staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: