collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Homemade Thor hammer (general discussion)  (Read 2888 times)

Doc

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Homemade Thor hammer (general discussion)
« on: May 21, 2016, 11:18:04 pm »
As the title states this is a general discussion post about home made Thor hammers. I was advised to post a new thread instead of continuing on a 2 year old thread.
Does anyone have any home made hammers be it a necklace or an actual hammer used for alter.

Pictures are not mine and are used for visual reference all pictures are from Pinterest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Homemade Thor hammer (general discussion)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 11:55:58 pm »
Quote from: Doc;191624
As the title states this is a general discussion post about home made Thor hammers.

I really wanted to make a hammer when I had forge time but I never got the chance, unfortunately. At one point I put my actual favorite hammer on my altar, but I wasn't working with Thor at the time so I don't think it counts. XD

If I was going to make one I think I'd go with a simple design like this one from Etsy:

I've actually worn a sowilo rune for Odin (long story) and I made a sowilo pendant when I was making a rune set, with aluminum and a plasma cutter.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Doc

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 01:16:47 am »
Quote from: Jack;191627
I really wanted to make a hammer when I had forge time but I never got the chance, unfortunately. At one point I put my actual favorite hammer on my altar, but I wasn't working with Thor at the time so I don't think it counts. XD

If I was going to make one I think I'd go with a simple design like this one from Etsy:

I've actually worn a sowilo rune for Odin (long story) and I made a sowilo pendant when I was making a rune set, with aluminum and a plasma cutter.

I really like that simple design. Idk why maybe because it's so simple I can see someone actually wearing it back then. I have seen some really ornate versions from the times of Vikings but this one seems to be more of the common mans version.

Doc

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:27:42 pm »
I'm thinking about making a leather bound journal to keep all my notes on this religion in and I'll be adding Mjolnir to it either embossed or carved?

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:25 pm »
Quote from: Doc;191769
I'm thinking about making a leather bound journal to keep all my notes on this religion in and I'll be adding Mjolnir to it either embossed or carved?

A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
HarpingHawke, TC Staff
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Hyacinth Belle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52:25 pm »
Quote from: Doc;191769

Sounds like a lovely idea, and a good place to start! Another symbol that might interest you is the valknut. And Norse knotwork in general.
"Silent and thoughtful a prince\'s son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15

Doc

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 02:17:17 am »
Quote from: Hyacinth Belle;191827
Sounds like a lovely idea, and a good place to start! Another symbol that might interest you is the valknut. And Norse knotwork in general.

Yeah I plan on getting a valknut tatoo soon I wonder if anyone would want to buy a book if I made it? Hmm maybe I could make
Other stuff too

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 02:49:55 am »
Quote from: Doc;191877
Yeah I plan on getting a valknut tatoo soon I wonder if anyone would want to buy a book if I made it? Hmm maybe I could make
Other stuff too

Ultimately it's your choice, of course, but I would suggest waiting until you've been calling yourself a heathen for a while before getting a permanent marking put on your body.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Tags: