"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: new parent here  (Read 5513 times)

cletus90851

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
new parent here
« on: May 03, 2016, 02:17:13 am »
I mentioned elsewhere on the forum about my wife Molly being pregnant... well thankfully everything went well and we have a healthy 8lb 2oz girl we named May.
just thought I'd let everyone know that all was well.

We will of course be bringing her up Hellenic, but wont discourage her from exploring any and all aspects of paganism when she is old enough, though we will caution her to be wary of fundie christians and the like that would try to brainwash her.

I personally felt Apollo played a big part in everything going smoothly and so I made the best offering I could as thanks.

My wife Molly has noticed both Maia and Artemis taking a more active interest in her lifeas well.  I'm glad of that.  From my own dealings with Artemis I can reasonably assume with some accuracy that she will be a good help in the learning experiences to come.  Maia...well, I get the sense Hermes invited her so I'm thankful for that too.

Hermes has helped me a lot through the ordeal as well.

cletus90851

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: new parent here
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 03:11:00 am »
Quote from: cletus90851;190671
I mentioned elsewhere on the forum about my wife Molly being pregnant... well thankfully everything went well and we have a healthy 8lb 2oz girl we named May.

We will of course be bringing her up Hellenic, but wont discourage her from exploring any and all aspects of paganism when she is old enough, though we will caution her to be wary of fundie christians and the like that would try to brainwash her.

I personally felt Apollo played a big part in everything going smoothly and so I made the best offering I could as thanks.

My wife Molly has noticed both Maia and Artemis taking a more active interest in her lifeas well.  I'm glad of that.  From my own dealings with Artemis I can reasonably assume with some accuracy that she will be a good help in the learning experiences to come.  Maia...well, I get the sense Hermes invited her so I'm thankful for that too.

Hermes has helped me a lot through the ordeal as well.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or helpful insights as to the months and years to come would be most welcome.  sorry I forgot to add that. havent had much sleep....

Flaming Tsunami

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:43:29 am »

Just here to congratulate you on your healthy baby girl! Wishing her long life and happiness.

cletus90851

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 11:15:06 am »
Quote from: Flaming Tsunami;190674
Just here to congratulate you on your healthy baby girl! Wishing her long life and happiness.

Thank you.
    She's so adoeable and chybby in a cute way.  I'm a bit of a worrywart though. every time she wakes up needing fed it always wakes me up too because I worry so much.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:17:34 am »
Quote from: cletus90851;190673
Any thoughts, suggestions, or helpful insights as to the months and years to come would be most welcome.  sorry I forgot to add that. havent had much sleep....

"Not having much sleep" will eventually get better.  You can have faith in that. :}
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »
I mentioned elsewhere on the forum about my wife Molly being pregnant... well thankfully everything went well.

Congratulations! That is a big, healthy baby! Our three month old was 7 lbs 14 oz when he was born. Being in a mulifaith household, we don't mind how he observes the divine, either, as long as he isn't a hateful person. Sleep does get better, and you get used to functioning with less. :):)

And try not to worry about her eating enough, babies are really good at telling you they're hungry. (I had the same fears.)
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 06:12:22 pm »
Congrats!

Quote from: ViolaRae;190684
And try not to worry about her eating enough, babies are really good at telling you they're hungry. (I had the same fears.)

My spouse had to drill the "It's not the meal, it's how much she eats in aggregate over the week that matters" instruction into me. You'll get used to your child's eating habits, I promise.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

cletus90851

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 07:28:03 pm »
Quote from: Jack;190685
Congrats!

My spouse had to drill the "It's not the meal, it's how much she eats in aggregate over the week that matters" instruction into me. You'll get used to your child's eating habits, I promise.

Thanks.  and yeah my wife said something similar, , essentially "if she wasn't getting enough to eat she wouldn't be needing changed as often as she does so relax".

cletus90851

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 07:41:43 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;190683
"Not having much sleep" will eventually get better.  You can have faith in that. :}

I hope so.  between worrying and lack of sleep...well I wouldn't be surprised if I get ulcers by the end of the week.  Sweet little May is the best blessing we could ever hope for, and my wife and I couldn't be happier.

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 08:48:52 am »
Quote from: cletus90851;190695
I hope so.  between worrying and lack of sleep...well I wouldn't be surprised if I get ulcers by the end of the week.  Sweet little May is the best blessing we could ever hope for, and my wife and I couldn't be happier.

Congratulations! And, as the parent of older children, let me assure you that the worry is normal, and never really goes away- it just changes shape. ;) You do get better sleep when they're older however, which is something to look forward to (even though at some point you'll be so sleep deprived that you won't be able to ever imagine a full night's sleep, it does happen eventually I assure you).

Tags: