Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Author Topic: My Runic Path  (Read 19644 times)

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
My Runic Path
« on: April 15, 2016, 05:11:06 am »
Blessings,

My plan for this thread is to share weekly insights, experiences, and/or beliefs arising from my Runic Journey. It’s my hope that in sharing it will start a dialog that will expand and deepen our knowledge of the Runes from the Pathworking perspective. I am not a Traditionalist, New Ager, or anything in between. I am myself and this is my Runic Path.  

I want to start this thread by sharing Oðinn’s Three Levels of Wisdom found within the Hávamál.  

Oðinn’s Three Levels of Wisdom (Hávamál)
   Common Sense (Being a Guest, Host, and Freeperson; Dealing with Giving, Wealth, Speaking, Enemies, Friends, Women, and so forth.

Knowledge of (The Value of things such as a torch, weapon, ale, wife, et cetera; Proper uses of things such as a shield, sword, ship, girl, et cetera; What not to trust such as a brittle bow, a grunting sow, a rootless tree, a broken blade, speedy/careless horse, early sprouts, and so on; Relationships and human’s nature to bullshit in order to get what we want from another; Proper relationships, actions, gifts, and words/oaths)  

Poetic Mead and the Mysteries of the Runes (How to write, read, stain, understand, ask, offer, supplicate, and sacrifice; Using Runes in helping, healing, thwarting, unbinding, hindering/stopping/shifting, counter-cursing, controlling fire, harmonizing, controlling wind and water, confounding, protecting, necromancy, blessing, godly knowledge, empowering/victory, bewitchment/manipulation, binding, and the unspoken eighteenth spell)

Be Blessed,
Yogisuba

GenerationZee

• View Profile
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:55:56 pm »
Quote from: Yogisuba;190090
Blessings,

My plan for this thread is to share weekly insights, experiences, and/or beliefs arising from my Runic Journey. It’s my hope that in sharing it will start a dialog that will expand and deepen our knowledge of the Runes from the Pathworking perspective. I am not a Traditionalist, New Ager, or anything in between. I am myself and this is my Runic Path.  

I want to start this thread by sharing Oðinn’s Three Levels of Wisdom found within the Hávamál.  

Common Sense (Being a Guest, Host, and Freeperson; Dealing with Giving, Wealth, Speaking, Enemies, Friends, Women, and so forth.

Knowledge of (The Value of things such as a torch, weapon, ale, wife, et cetera; Proper uses of things such as a shield, sword, ship, girl, et cetera; What not to trust such as a brittle bow, a grunting sow, a rootless tree, a broken blade, speedy/careless horse, early sprouts, and so on; Relationships and human’s nature to bullshit in order to get what we want from another; Proper relationships, actions, gifts, and words/oaths)  

Poetic Mead and the Mysteries of the Runes (How to write, read, stain, understand, ask, offer, supplicate, and sacrifice; Using Runes in helping, healing, thwarting, unbinding, hindering/stopping/shifting, counter-cursing, controlling fire, harmonizing, controlling wind and water, confounding, protecting, necromancy, blessing, godly knowledge, empowering/victory, bewitchment/manipulation, binding, and the unspoken eighteenth spell)

Be Blessed,
Yogisuba

This is an interesting insight. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Dam

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:00:15 am »
Blessings,

Be Blessed,
Yogisuba

I am interested to see where this path leads you. Is this going to be to help further your understanding of your own faith and beliefs in general, or just of the runes?

Either way, I wish you luck!

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 06:43:06 am »
Thanks for the support and encouragement GenerationZee and Dam.

Quote from: Dam;190138
I am interested to see where this path leads you. Is this going to be to help further your understanding of your own faith and beliefs in general, or just of the runes?

Both. The Runes have become a key for me to tap into my German ancestry, as well as, become a Path towards empowerment. I've been working with the esoteric traditions for more than twenty years now and just recently (01/02/16) have I opened myself to the Runes. It's been an intense and powerful process.

My Path was initiated by my wife who’s worked with the Runes for over 23 years. We were talking about Algiz when I realized that I had an extra piece of Elk skin from when I skinned my drum. I’ve wanted to study the Runes for years now, but it’s never felt right. All of a sudden I realized the time had come.

I found the piece of Elk skin,
cut a square,
and drew Algiz upon it.

That was the beginning.

Since then the Runes have begun to introduce themselves to me. Each time a Rune introduces itself to me, it comes through a personal Object of Power. These are the Runes and the Objects of Power I have worked with so far, in the sequence I received them in:

Algiz (Elk Skin)
Ansuz (Wolf Claw)
Berkana (Birch Tree Round)
Thurisaz (Small piece of Blackberry Cane with Thorn – this is what I use to pierce myself and stain the Runes with)
Raido (Stone from a mountain trail)
Fehu (Lottery Token)
Isa (Small piece of Blue Sapphire)
Gebo (Small piece of Emerald)
Hagalaz (Melted hail that I refroze in a square shape for the Elder version and a round shape for the Younger version. I really like both versions)
Sowilo (Stave from a Western Red Cedar and a piece of Icelandic Spar – the Viking Navigation Stone – their Sun Stone)
Mannaz (My Wisdom Tooth. It’s not only shaped like Mannaz, but it’s part of me, a human. I just started working with Mannaz yesterday)

I do not plan the sequence, I just open to their energies and allow them to manifest within my life. In doing so I’ve found myself on a Path far more powerful than I could have ever conceived of on my own. And the more I tread this Path, the more magical it becomes.

Be Blessed,
Yogisuba

Below is a picture of my Rune Altar so far:

Starting at the top is Algiz, then to the right and down is Raido, Fehu, and Isa. Below that is Gebo and then up from that is Thurisaz, Ansuz, and Berkana. The Stave on the left is Sowilo and to the left of that is the Icelandic Spar. In the center, the Rune I am currently working with, is Mannaz.

One thing I have found interesting as I connect with the other Runes is how my Altar moves. Moving one Rune changes the whole configuration and totally shifts the energy.

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 01:03:02 am »
My plan for this thread is to share weekly insights, experiences, and/or beliefs arising from my Runic Journey.

NAUDIZ
[/B]

Originally I was planning to make a bow and drill set with Beech and some other tree for Naudiz. Beech being a tree that Spiesberger, Thorsson, and many others correspond with Naudiz.

Before I went out in search of a Beech I received an image of two chain-links bound together: body and mind.

Coming back from the hardware store I discovered that the links could be placed in such a way as to make the Naudiz Rune shape. How awesome is that?

One thing I’m learning in this Runic process is that the Runes can and do come to us in very personal ways. When we connect with the Runes and stain them with our blood, we are literally inviting them into our lives and within ourselves: we become them.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 12:10:31 pm »
Quote from: Yogisuba;190205
Thanks for the support and encouragement GenerationZee and Dam.

Both. The Runes have become a key for me to tap into my German ancestry, as well as, become a Path towards empowerment. I've been working with the esoteric traditions for more than twenty years now and just recently (01/02/16) have I opened myself to the Runes. It's been an intense and powerful process.

My Path was initiated by my wife who’s worked with the Runes for over 23 years. We were talking about Algiz when I realized that I had an extra piece of Elk skin from when I skinned my drum. I’ve wanted to study the Runes for years now, but it’s never felt right. All of a sudden I realized the time had come.

I found the piece of Elk skin,
cut a square,
and drew Algiz upon it.

That was the beginning.

Since then the Runes have begun to introduce themselves to me. Each time a Rune introduces itself to me, it comes through a personal Object of Power. These are the Runes and the Objects of Power I have worked with so far, in the sequence I received them in:

Algiz (Elk Skin)
Ansuz (Wolf Claw)
Berkana (Birch Tree Round)
Thurisaz (Small piece of Blackberry Cane with Thorn – this is what I use to pierce myself and stain the Runes with)
Raido (Stone from a mountain trail)
Fehu (Lottery Token)
Isa (Small piece of Blue Sapphire)
Gebo (Small piece of Emerald)
Hagalaz (Melted hail that I refroze in a square shape for the Elder version and a round shape for the Younger version. I really like both versions)
Sowilo (Stave from a Western Red Cedar and a piece of Icelandic Spar – the Viking Navigation Stone – their Sun Stone)
Mannaz (My Wisdom Tooth. It’s not only shaped like Mannaz, but it’s part of me, a human. I just started working with Mannaz yesterday)

I do not plan the sequence, I just open to their energies and allow them to manifest within my life. In doing so I’ve found myself on a Path far more powerful than I could have ever conceived of on my own. And the more I tread this Path, the more magical it becomes.

Be Blessed,
Yogisuba

Below is a picture of my Rune Altar so far:

Starting at the top is Algiz, then to the right and down is Raido, Fehu, and Isa. Below that is Gebo and then up from that is Thurisaz, Ansuz, and Berkana. The Stave on the left is Sowilo and to the left of that is the Icelandic Spar. In the center, the Rune I am currently working with, is Mannaz.

One thing I have found interesting as I connect with the other Runes is how my Altar moves. Moving one Rune changes the whole configuration and totally shifts the energy.

I love your runic objects of power!
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 04:37:57 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;190609

A Reminder:
Hi, Kylara,

While quoting is required, please remember to trim your quotes to the essentials - especially when your reply is shorter than the message which you are responding to. Otherwise, it is very easy for your reply to get lost in the thread.

This is particularly important when there are pictures in the post you're quoting, and also especially tricky since the pics won't show up as pics in the reply box, but as image code - because the image code only takes up a line or two, it can make it appear that the quoted material isn't long enough to need trimming. The image code needs to be trimmed out, to keep the pic from reappearing in the quote in your reply.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 01:32:52 am »
Quote from: Kylara;190609

Blessings Kylara,

Thanks. It's so freaking awesome how the Runes present themselves to me. I just started working with the Runes this year and I'm blown away at how powerful and amazing they are. Even after studying and working with Eastern and Western Occult arts for over twenty years, having worked with many powerful systems during that time, I am still surprised at how personal and empowering the Runes are in my life.

Be Blessed,
Yogisuba

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 08:07:26 am »
Quote from: Yogisuba;190752
Blessings Kylara,

Thanks. It's so freaking awesome how the Runes present themselves to me. I just started working with the Runes this year and I'm blown away at how powerful and amazing they are. Even after studying and working with Eastern and Western Occult arts for over twenty years, having worked with many powerful systems during that time, I am still surprised at how personal and empowering the Runes are in my life.

Be Blessed,
Yogisuba

I have been working with them for a while too, and one of the things I love is that there is always so much more depth to look into.  And how they feel different when in different forms.  I have five different rune sets, and they all have distinct feelings for me.  Now I kind of want to make one like you are though!

Grimnir Thrymsson

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 12:38:18 pm »
Quote from: Yogisuba;190752
Blessings Kylara,

Be Blessed,
Yogisuba

I totally agree. I have been working with the runes for over 30 years now and I am still getting new insights on a regular basis.

Friendly_Viking

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 07:26:03 pm »
Blessings,

I just picked up a book on Runes. I find them interesting and am looking forward to learning more about them.

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 04:37:31 am »
Blessings,

Quote from: Kylara;190765
I have been working with them for a while too, and one of the things I love is that there is always so much more depth to look into.  And how they feel different when in different forms.  I have five different rune sets, and they all have distinct feelings for me.  Now I kind of want to make one like you are though!

Do it Kylara. I haven’t the experience working with a Rune set yet, but I can tell you that this process I’m going through with the Runes has been powerful.

I’m in the process of moving into Ingwaz and a Freyr stature and Boar incisor have come to me. Ever since I did a Runic Stafir Freyr has been coming more and more into my consciousness and reality. I’ll share a little bit about that in a week or so. I don’t want to jump to far ahead as I’m still working with Ehwaz. I will post something about that at the end of this email. I wish you many blessings.

Quote from: Grimnir Thrymsson;190773
I totally agree. I have been working with the runes for over 30 years now and I am still getting new insights on a regular basis.

Thanks Grimnir Thrymsson. I love that about them. I’ve worked with the Kabbalah, Tarot, Astrology, a many magical systems over the years and I believe the Runes are one of the most powerful forces of energy out there. Every day they offer something new: be it new perspectives, inner-connections, states of being, energetic empowerments, or what have you. My knowledge of the Runes keeps expanding and deepening.

Quote from: Friendly_Viking;190808
I just picked up a book on Runes. I find them interesting and am looking forward to learning more about them.

Hey Friendly_Viking, may your Runic journey be blessed. What Rune book are you reading? If you’re interested in other Rune books check out my Reviews page. I have over twenty Rune books reviewed so far.

Go to my website and click on “Reviews by Topic” and then “Runic Studies”

The current Rune I’m connecting with is: Ehwaz

I’ve been working with Ehwaz for two weeks. Before that I was working with Naudiz and before that Mannaz. One thing Mannaz helped me with was coming into my own: both in self-knowledge and expression. And one thing Naudiz helped me with was to put things into perspective: both with my neediness and with actual needs. Aligning my wants with my needs has been empowering and fruitful.

One of the things Ehwaz has brought up is getting me on my horse and taking charge of my life. This brings to mind Raido, but instead of sitting inside my cozy hall taking it easy, I’m actually on the hard and difficult road confronting my neediness on one hand, and seeking fulfillment on the other.

For Ehwaz I acquired some horse hair that I braided into a necklace. Below are the pictures. I wear it all the time.

Blessings Be,
Suba

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 10:18:42 am »
Quote from: Suba;190957
If you’re interested in other Rune books check out my Reviews page. I have over twenty Rune books reviewed so far.

Go to my website and click on “Reviews by Topic” and then “Runic Studies”

I couldn't find your website...do you have a link to share?  I'm always looking for good reviews on rune books!

Friendly_Viking

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 10:26:36 am »
Quote from: Suba;190957

Hey Friendly_Viking, may your Runic journey be blessed. What Rune book are you reading? If you’re interested in other Rune books check out my Reviews page. I have over twenty Rune books reviewed so far.

Its called "A Practical Guide To The Runes" by Lisa Paschel.

Grimnir Thrymsson

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 11:28:20 am »
Quote from: Friendly_Viking;190971
Its called "A Practical Guide To The Runes" by Lisa Paschel.

Good book, I have a few copies floating around the house that I refer to still.

Recently I picked up another copy of "Runic States: The Shamanic Perception of Quantum Realities" by Kevin Steffen (my first copy "walked away" from a gathering I attended). I am really looking forward to delving into it. It is basically looking at the runes through a quantum physics perspective.

Tags: