Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: How do you do your worship/rituals?  (Read 4825 times)

Valdi

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
How do you do your worship/rituals?
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:19 pm »
How do you do your daily worship or rituals? Of course, omit anything you don't wish others to know.

For example, some may wash their faces and hands, light some candles and incense, sing a hymn and pour some liquids onto the floor/into a bowl as their daily worship rituals.

So, what about you?
I don't have any yet; still trying to see what 'feels' right, as well as how to do it.

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Re: How do you do your worship/rituals?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:40:33 pm »
Quote from: Valdi;19935
How do you do your daily worship or rituals? Of course, omit anything you don't wish others to know.

For example, some may wash their faces and hands, light some candles and incense, sing a hymn and pour some liquids onto the floor/into a bowl as their daily worship rituals.

So, what about you?
I don't have any yet; still trying to see what 'feels' right, as well as how to do it.

My daily worship consists mainly going to my altar, preferably in the early morning, after breakfast, to pray to my gods with formal prayers before offering eventual incense/drink/food ... and then i put formalities aside and just ramble to Them about my life.

Offering of food or drink tend to be weekly -with a fixed day for each deity-unless I'm petitioning Someone for particular favour- in that case, I offer daily.

And of course, unless I happen to have in my fridge something I think one of Them might enjoy particularly.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Dujanka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:04 pm »
How do you do your daily worship or rituals?

I play music that have some tribute to a particular God or Goddess and put them on facebook and on other sites.  My friends dig it but most are Christians and you know how that goes.  At least they don't judge me to my face.  Don't like that, mhmm.  I try to explain most of them have pagan roots there's more shame in not exploring your ancestors past.  Get mad about what happened.

[video=youtube;7-AE50otuVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-AE50otuVA[/video]

Pretty music for the ladies and some death metal for the men.

[video=youtube;Q9f4Kky_KSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9f4Kky_KSo[/video]

Lonstar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 05:12:11 pm »

So, what about you?

I do my daily rituals very simply, mainly for time reasons.

Some incense, quiet room and stilling the mind to focus on whatever it is I'm working on. As I go about my business for the day, I often work on developing my senses and energy and casting my mind towards whatever I've set myself for the week.  I'll mentally cast circles then remove them, work on building my own personal protective circle and I'll also reflect on whatever the next ritual I'll be doing, trying to relate it to the world around me at whatever moment I find myself in.

I know it's not as structured as I'd like it to be, something I must work on but I get great pleasure in particular from working in my rituals as I go about my day. I find that even though I'm not standing in a chalked out circle, or that insense isn't wafting through the air it can be all the better because I'm relying solely on focusing the mind. Kinda training it I suppose!

mairead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »

So, what about you?

When I get up in the morning I wash my hands first, and then light the candle on the shrine and let it burn while I'm getting reading to go to work. Periodically throughout the week I'll make offerings of food and water, maybe burn some incense (can't use it too often do to allergies), and on the weekend I make sure the shrine is clean and dust free.

I'm basically trying to start with small things that are easy to work into my daily routine and can become habit -- that way I'll be more likely to keep up with it during those times when I'm not as spiritually motivated as I might like.  It also gives me something to build on if I decide I want to do more later.

I do tend to feel really awkward when it comes to more complicated rituals. I can appreciate ritual a lot, and if I where part of a group, I think I would feel differently. But when it's just me in my living room it's hard not to feel kind of odd.

Siannan

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »

I wake up every morning, go outside (weather permitting) light a candle.  I spend around 5 minutes in quiet communication with Brighid.  I say a "prayer' I wrote, then I kind of just talk to her. It helps set the tone for my day.   That is if my son doesn't wake up early and come find me. :)  I am hoping to put something a little more formal into place, but for now this works for me.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 04:16:49 pm »

So, what about you?

I do not do a daily ritual. I'm in the taking it easy phase of my spiritual path. In other words, I'm waiting for something to smack me in the head before I start doing a daily devotional or what have you. That, and I find the daily rite thing kind of monotonous and static. I grow bored easily.

The only thing that I've been doing daily is renewing my ability with Tarot.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 11:10:22 am »

So, what about you?

I don't have a daily routine, but I do try to do something once a week. Sometimes I'll make a cup of coffee for the housewight or I'll make a plate for an ancestor. If I get up with the sunrise I'll hail Tyr. Thunderstorms I hail Thor. Those last two aren't really practice, but more of a way to give a nod of worth-ship to the gods and wights, something that I'm easily able to do once a day in various ways.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 11:43:42 am »

So, what about you?

I offer an essential oil that smells like Amber to Anpu daily and ask that the home is protected with the scent of the oil.  I also offer half of my dinner to Anpu, Sekhmet, Maftet, and Bast daily.  Unless, of course, we're having something cheap...unless I get the feeling that someone wants to try it.  I also thank the earth and all of the animals that made sacrifices so that my family and I can eat.  I say a nightly prayer before I go to sleep, asking that myself and all of my loved ones be given protection, strength, and inner peace.
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Firaza

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 01:08:45 pm »

So, what about you?

I don't do daily ritual, but I do light a candle and incense when the urge strikes me.

sugarmagnolia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 03:53:03 pm »

So, what about you?

I usually walk outside barefoot, soak up energy and give thanks for the day. Sometimes I will request extra energy, patience, and strength to deal with my MIL's dementia and the assorted "fun" things that go with it.

I may also light incense or a candle if I am moved to do so.  I give food offerings at meal times and have a rock underneath a tree in my yard that I use as an altar as well as a space on the kitchen counter.

spoOk

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 02:39:32 am »
Quote from: sugarmagnolia;20838
I usually walk outside barefoot, soak up energy and give thanks for the day. Sometimes I will request extra energy, patience, and strength to deal with my MIL's dementia and the assorted "fun" things that go with it.

I may also light incense or a candle if I am moved to do so.  I give food offerings at meal times and have a rock underneath a tree in my yard that I use as an altar as well as a space on the kitchen counter.

no daily rituals here,I just this last few years came back to fitting worship in on a regular basis and so far can seem to only commit to full moon and dark moon full scale rituals,anything more than that I still feel I will let my self down and not remain faithful to.
I do mark special once a yr dates on the calendar to try and attend to and was TRYING to do once a week rituals for eshu/legba and the once a month 29th day thing for Hecate,but those things I've been unable to keep going alas. no excuses.....itry.
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

sephira

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 03:05:21 am »

I make an offering of incense to Ganesh everyday and thank him for removing whatever obstacles he may have removed for me that day and the happiness that he has bestowed upon me. Sounds kinda corny, I know, but it works for us ;)
"If it ain\'t fun, it ain\'t worth doing!"

Valdi

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 09:31:47 am »
Quote from: sephira;24831
I make an offering of incense to Ganesh everyday and thank him for removing whatever obstacles he may have removed for me that day and the happiness that he has bestowed upon me. Sounds kinda corny, I know, but it works for us ;)

Do you you think, if you were to expand upon it later on, you would closely follow traditional Hindu pūja to Gaṇeśa, or would you be a bit more eclectic?

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 11:10:19 am »
So, what about you?

I light a candle. And then I say, "What else?" They respond or they don't.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Tags: