Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Looking for Ásatru in my area  (Read 3155 times)

ashleighlosee

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Looking for Ásatru in my area
« on: April 14, 2016, 10:00:49 am »
Hello! My name is Ashleigh. I have just recently adopted the Ásatru religion, but I feel like I'm all on my own in this. I would like to connect with other Ásatruar in my area, but online research is doing me no good. I am located in Sanfrod, Maine, so if any of y'all are near there, let me know!! :)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Looking for Ásatru in my area
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 10:13:48 am »
Quote from: ashleighlosee;190069
Hello! My name is Ashleigh. I have just recently adopted the Ásatru religion, but I feel like I'm all on my own in this. I would like to connect with other Ásatruar in my area, but online research is doing me no good. I am located in Sanfrod, Maine, so if any of y'all are near there, let me know!! :)

I lived in Farmington (Maine) for nearly four years: most of the Pagan community there, no matter what stripe, is pretty spread out.

The Maine Pagan Clergy Association (http://www.mainepaganclergy.org/) may be a good place to check for possible contacts: many of them have a pretty good idea what's going on around the state (and the MPCA was set up specifically to be very non-path specific while giving people access to legal clergy status in Maine.)

If you're looking for Pagans in general, the Beltane on the Beach is coming up (http://beltaneonthebeach.org/) and I understand is a good way just to see who else is vaguely in the area.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Friendly_Viking

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 06:38:20 pm »

I am having the same issue here in Delaware. At this point I would settle for someone I could text or call instead on forum chat. Hope you can find a group of Heathens.

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 09:14:27 pm »

Welcome, Ashleigh. I'm fairly new to this as well and have it even worse. I live in the bible belt and recently discovered that my own path has a name, though it seems that was a fairly recent development as well.

Just try being a Rokkatru in North Carolina...

Oh, and small world. My father was from Thomaston, ME.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Thors Hammer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 10:31:46 pm »

Hello. I'm from New York it's relatively (but not really) close and I am new to the faith too but, I am happy to help with what I can.
-Thor

Tags: