collapse

Author Topic: Candle magick for business prosperity  (Read 1258 times)

HermitSong

• View Profile
Candle magick for business prosperity
« on: April 06, 2016, 06:17:51 am »
Hello guys,
Could I please get some advice/input.
I am wanting to undertake some candle magick for business success/prosperity etc.

I am not sure:
1. What colour candle would be needed.
2. What day of the week a spell like this could be performed
3. Who would be the best planet to make an offering too. E.g. Jupiter for wealth etc.

Thanks in advance.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Candle magick for business prosperity
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:38:01 am »
Quote from: HermitSong;189549
Hello guys,
I am wanting to undertake some candle magick for business success/prosperity etc.

Your best choices here are a little hard to sort out without a bit more focus. Are you looking for prosperity magic to draw more customers? To make better use of the business resources? Do you want something that's a fast-acting push for right now, or are you looking for a long-term thing that might take some time to build? Do you have any other limitations, like are you looking for something that would be done on a single day, or are you open to something that might take 7 days or more to do?

Likewise, are you set on candle magic? I know a lot of people who do candle magic for, say, quicker acting things (let the sale this weekend bring in lots of new customers and buzz) but who use other methods (sigil magic, charged stones, talismans, etc.) for longer-term business success, because those things can be fed and built over time with less long-term effort than a new candle spell.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:23:31 am »
Quote from: HermitSong;189549
Hello guys,

I am not sure:
1. What colour candle would be needed.
2. What day of the week a spell like this could be performed
3. Who would be the best planet to make an offering too. E.g. Jupiter for wealth etc.

Thanks in advance.

Well to help you out, you probably should use green as your candle color and perform it on Thursday which is the day of Jupiter. Jupiter is also the planet to make the offering to. You also want to take a mundane approach as well. Do research on your business in particular, make a business plan, get books on starting business from your local library, etc... Don't just approach it from a magickal standpoint.
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 11:50:53 am »
Quote from: anubisa;189556
Well to help you out, you probably should use green as your candle color and perform it on Thursday which is the day of Jupiter. Jupiter is also the planet to make the offering to. You also want to take a mundane approach as well. Do research on your business in particular, make a business plan, get books on starting business from your local library, etc... Don't just approach it from a magickal standpoint.

The reason I asked for some more details is that while this is a really common approach, it may or may not be the best one in this case.

For example, green is a common prosperity colour in the US (our money is green), plus it's associated with growth and fertility (good for prosperity). But some people find better results with gold or silver, or with say, brown (for fertile ground) or a colour strongly associated with the business or with them.

Likewise, some people do planetary hours and days (and that works for some people!) But it's not the only system out there.

And while Jupiter is about expansion (so, yes, good for prosperity) there are kinds of businesses or kinds of business needs where a different planet might actually be better. (A communications business might want Mercury, a business focusing on romance - like a wedding photographer - might look at Venus. Or a business  that's got great services, but is struggling getting people to notice them might go for Mercury, as a different approach.)  

This is why magic is very personal, in my view: there are lots of general ideas we can get, but many systems work a lot better if we at least take a really good look at why we're picking the thing we're picking.

Definitely seconding and thiridng the advice about other actions, like a business plan. In the US, and elsewhere, there are also often free or very low-cost small business education courses offered by counties or cities that can help with information about things like legal requirements, banking, business plans, etc.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Tags: