Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Experiences with spirit writing  (Read 2888 times)

Cheshireheir

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Experiences with spirit writing
« on: March 26, 2016, 07:50:03 pm »
I was wondering with those who do spirit writing how did you start? Did you try or was it chosen? I started one day when all of a sudden i noticed my hand was writing.

I had subconsciously picked up a pen and was writing. I looked at it and it said "leave her alone, tell him to leave her alone" i was talking to a male friend of mine at the time who was in the worship of Coronos. I worship Lilith.

I always wondered if it started as a way to warn me to stay away from him. After that I could spirit write whenever I felt a shift in the energy around me. I would constantly talk to a young girl.

She never told me how she died but we would talk and she would play tricks on me. It was pretty funny, in a scary way! it wasn't always positive experiences though as those of you who do it know.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Experiences with spirit writing
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:09:10 am »
Quote from: Cheshireheir;188966
I was wondering with those who do spirit writing how did you start? Did you try or was it chosen?

One night I was sleepily trying to finish up a diary entry when my hand moved without my wanting it to. That was scary, but I wondered if it was maybe important, so I let it continue. It wasn't important. It just started doing loop-the-loops on the paper. I think that was just the ideomotor effect. Nothing like that I've tried has ever produced anything like real letters/words/sentences.

What I found more effective later, and you put it well, "a shift in energy around" but it wasn't letting my hand just tense and twitch. It was more like noticing what was going on in my mind and, if I could sort of translate it or match concept-to-word then I would. Sometimes the thoughts didn't feel like mine, but felt as though I was understanding something being "said" without sound.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

AineLlewellyn

• Journeyman
  • 2020 resolution? goth
    • View Profile
    • of the Other People
  • Religion: New Religious Trad/New Gods (Otherfaith)
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him They/Them
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 03:32:12 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;188992
What I found more effective later, and you put it well, "a shift in energy around" but it wasn't letting my hand just tense and twitch. It was more like noticing what was going on in my mind and, if I could sort of translate it or match concept-to-word then I would. Sometimes the thoughts didn't feel like mine, but felt as though I was understanding something being "said" without sound.

I've experienced stuff similar to concept-to-word translation. The majority of my spirit journeying is done through writing - I find it to be the most effective method for me, though it requires a fair amount of discernment between 'cool story bro' and 'actually useful journeying'. I also make sure to choose carefully whether I'll use pencil and paper or typing; when I tend to type up spirit journeys or stories, I often find it doesn't 'stick' to me as much or feel as potent, which can be useful if there's an idea I want to mess with but I don't want to instill my writing with the kind, well, 'sticky magic' that comes from writing it out by hand.

Cheshireheir

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 12:47:33 pm »
Quote from: ainellewellyn;189012
I also make sure to choose carefully whether I'll use pencil and paper or typing; when I tend to type up spirit journeys or stories, I often find it doesn't 'stick' to me as much or feel as potent, which can be useful if there's an idea I want to mess with but I don't want to instill my writing with the kind, well, 'sticky magic' that comes from writing it out by hand.

The only times that i have ever used a computer to type have been when i can see a story in my head, i guess thats the only way to describe it. I get all of the emotion and story of something that has happened and i write it out into poetry or prose.

Any time i used a pen or pencil be it in dots or circles ive never felt that intense connection. as i ask questions i can, i guess, see the answer in my head as its being written but i definitely dont have the same connection as when im writing a prose.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 09:03:09 pm »
Quote from: ainellewellyn;189012
I've experienced stuff similar to concept-to-word translation. The majority of my spirit journeying is done through writing - I find it to be the most effective method for me

Spirit journaling! :)

Open question: Who keeps a distinction between channeled messages and journaling journeys? (What comes at me aren't always feelings or concepts, oftentimes they can become more visual/tactile/spatial/(a)temporal, and for the most part to me the writing is more documentation than an act of generating liminality itself. Considering that it's all information, though, or having built enough of a routine around journaling that setting up to write at all does cue the journeying, then I don't differentiate as much.)

Quote from: Cheshireheir;189151
The only times that i have ever used a computer to type have been when i can see a story in my head, i guess thats the only way to describe it. I get all of the emotion and story of something that has happened and i write it out into poetry or prose.

Any time i used a pen or pencil be it in dots or circles ive never felt that intense connection. as i ask questions i can, i guess, see the answer in my head as its being written but i definitely dont have the same connection as when im writing a prose.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Qumran@OccultRealms

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.occultrealms.com
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 04:24:59 pm »
Quote from: Cheshireheir;188966
I was wondering with those who do spirit writing how did you start? Did you try or was it chosen? I started one day when all of a sudden i noticed my hand was writing.

I had subconsciously picked up a pen and was writing. I looked at it and it said "leave her alone, tell him to leave her alone" i was talking to a male friend of mine at the time who was in the worship of Coronos. I worship Lilith.

I always wondered if it started as a way to warn me to stay away from him. After that I could spirit write whenever I felt a shift in the energy around me. I would constantly talk to a young girl.

She never told me how she died but we would talk and she would play tricks on me. It was pretty funny, in a scary way! it wasn't always positive experiences though as those of you who do it know.

I envy you!  I do have communications with spirits but not in the "automatic" writing mode.  Aside from direct communications with spirits I also get conversation while journaling.

May I ask, do you do anything special to put yourself in a certain mental zone to do let it happen?  I would love to learn how to do it myself! :)

Cheshireheir

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 08:23:01 pm »
Quote from: Qumran@OccultRealms;189217

May I ask, do you do anything special to put yourself in a certain mental zone to do let it happen?  I would love to learn how to do it myself! :)

Personally for me there really wasn't a learning. It sort of happened on its own. Sometimes when a particularly 'intense' spirit was around i would feel a shift in the world around me, but at that point it would be possible for me to hear or see something too. But not always.

Mostly I would just lay down or sit down alone with a pen in my hand against the paper and see what happens. Sometimes it starts circling, sometimes it makes dots. Sometimes nothing happens at all.

Tags: