Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Useful things you've learned recently you wish you'd learned sooner  (Read 2514 times)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
I learned things last weekend! And I thought it might be fun to do a thread of things we've learned recently.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Useful things you've learned recently you wish you'd learned sooner
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 05:41:46 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;188901
I learned things last weekend! And I thought it might be fun to do a thread of things we've learned recently.

So, I was at a workshop by Ivo Dominguez about psychic sensitivity, and one of the things he talked about that I found really helpful was the idea that our subtle bodies are a lot like our physical bodies in several ways. (And different in others.)

A lot of sources talk about psychic or energetic strength, but that's only one kind of thing our bodies do. There's a good argument to be made that we should also be thinking and talking about and developing flexibility, and stamina, and balance and resilience and all sorts of other things. And most people are going to be better at some of those than others, just like physical bodies are. (And that we can also develop all those things, at least a little.)

It's got me thinking a lot about my own practice, and about some thoughts about teaching some of it.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 03:31:51 am »

Something really simple, I was too slow in moving away from my firebasket and got bathed in herbs/incense/woods/old potpourri smoke sort of an allover smudging. :)

Gnowan

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 05:02:34 am »

I've learned that I really need to learn more about something.

I really need to learn how to shield.  World events are draining me.  But I can't close myself off, because I have to give.   It's a compulsion.

But I'm now thinking maybe I need to learn more about how to rejuvenate energy, how to cycle it, maybe even filter it, rather than block it or shield it.

Probably not exactly what you're looking for in this thread, but there you go.

(I did learn, however, that if you forget your smudge stick and want to do a house cleansing of bad mojo, walking around just saying, "Get the fuck out!" really does work!  Got that from another thread.  Bought a vacation home and kept forgetting my smudge stick--too busy worrying about my drill and paint and whatnot--so this time I did just that.  Total change in how the weekend played out.)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 08:29:11 am »
Quote from: Gnowan;189056

But I'm now thinking maybe I need to learn more about how to rejuvenate energy, how to cycle it, maybe even filter it, rather than block it or shield it.

Probably not exactly what you're looking for in this thread, but there you go.

I think it'd be a great new thread? (But learning you need to learn about a thing is also learning. I mean, how else would we pick what we need to do next?)

(I did learn, however, that if you forget your smudge stick and want to do a house cleansing of bad mojo, walking around just saying, "Get the fuck out!" really does work!  Got that from another thread.  Bought a vacation home and kept forgetting my smudge stick--too busy worrying about my drill and paint and whatnot--so this time I did just that.  Total change in how the weekend played out.)

Definitely useful!

Tags: