collapse

Author Topic: How long should I keep skull candles burning?  (Read 2798 times)

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: goddess worship grey, folk magick, hoodoo inspired.
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
How long should I keep skull candles burning?
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:39:28 am »
Okay so right now I have a pink skull candle for love and green one for prosperity but I can't concentrate on them for long periods of time to watch them burn and think about what I want. I tried the other day and my mind went wondering so much it wasn't even funny. Anyway, I use look me over oil and writing into the skulls to ask for what I wanted specifically. Should I just do a mini spell and allow it to burn for a long period of time and then go on with my day or what?
PrincessKLS

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: How long should I keep skull candles burning?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;188699
Okay so right now I have a pink skull candle for love and green one for prosperity but I can't concentrate on them for long periods of time to watch them burn and think about what I want. I tried the other day and my mind went wondering so much it wasn't even funny. Anyway, I use look me over oil and writing into the skulls to ask for what I wanted specifically. Should I just do a mini spell and allow it to burn for a long period of time and then go on with my day or what?
I tend to view candle spells as a set-and-forget magic. Plug in the carvings or oils or prayers at the beginning and then light it up til it goes out or I have to leave. But I stick to tea lights or seven days because those don't require I watch them to that degree. I know there are other, more active kinds of candle magic, though.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 12:13:30 am »
Quote from: Jack;188730
I tend to view candle spells as a set-and-forget magic. Plug in the carvings or oils or prayers at the beginning and then light it up til it goes out or I have to leave. But I stick to tea lights or seven days because those don't require I watch them to that degree. I know there are other, more active kinds of candle magic, though.

Also, if they're your thing, Princess, I'd suggest LED candles. Charge 'em with intent and/or draw on 'em, and switch 'em on! Either let them "burn" until their battery goes out or for a certain amount of time or whatever the limits you've decided may be! I've personally found they work well. :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:13:57 am by HarpingHawke »
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 01:13:07 am »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;188747
Also, if they're your thing, Princess, I'd suggest LED candles. Charge 'em with intent and/or draw on 'em, and switch 'em on! Either let them "burn" until their battery goes out or for a certain amount of time or whatever the limits you've decided may be! I've personally found they work well. :)

Ooh, yes! I've used LED candles and also I have little LED lights in relevant shapes (like a small glowing apple). I use them for nightly offerings when I worry I'll fall asleep without putting out the candles.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Soletaken

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 09:54:47 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;188699

I like using tea lights like another poster mentioned. I can set them up, light them, and go about whatever I need to do around the house while the candle does its work.

I've never used led candles for spell purposes, although I may have to try that. It sounds like a really good, safe option.

Tags: