Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Symbolism for Prosperity/Luck Spell  (Read 6384 times)

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Symbolism for Prosperity/Luck Spell
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:36:26 pm »
So I'm working on a jar spell for financial prosperity and good luck. The plan is to take a glass jar and paint the outside with symbols, and to actually work the spell I'll probably anoint the jar with oil, as well as a candle.

Trouble is, aside from coins, paper money and dollar signs, I cannot for the life of me think of any other symbols for financial prosperity, and I'm drawing a total blank for good luck.

Anyone have any ideas? My painting skills aren't that great, so they'd need to be fairly simplistic images (or something that lends itself to stylization.) Any help is much appreciated!
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Livia Indica

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Symbolism for Prosperity/Luck Spell
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:25:02 pm »
Quote from: Juni;19680
So I'm working on a jar spell for financial prosperity and good luck. The plan is to take a glass jar and paint the outside with symbols, and to actually work the spell I'll probably anoint the jar with oil, as well as a candle.

Trouble is, aside from coins, paper money and dollar signs, I cannot for the life of me think of any other symbols for financial prosperity, and I'm drawing a total blank for good luck.

Anyone have any ideas? My painting skills aren't that great, so they'd need to be fairly simplistic images (or something that lends itself to stylization.) Any help is much appreciated!

Can't think of anything else for money, but there's some easy ones for luck, like a horseshoe or 4 leaf clover or maybe a rabbits foot?

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:36:55 pm »
Quote from: Livia Indica;19695
Can't think of anything else for money, but there's some easy ones for luck, like a horseshoe or 4 leaf clover or maybe a rabbits foot?

... :ashamed:

Holy obvious, Batman. I can't believe I didn't think of those! Thanks so much!
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »
Quote from: Juni;19699
... :ashamed:

Holy obvious, Batman. I can't believe I didn't think of those! Thanks so much!

There's a rune for (depending on the specific translation) great harvest, or prosperity. The "Jera" rune, which is pretty simple.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 06:10:47 pm »
Quote from: hufflee;19704
There's a rune for (depending on the specific translation) great harvest, or prosperity. The "Jera" rune, which is pretty simple.

Thanks! And that reminded me about ogham, too- I can use Gort, too.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 06:24:41 pm »

Check out http://symbols.com/ - one of my favorite sources for symbol ideas. They've got a word index (and a symbol index, so you can figure out what a symbol might be if you don't know it.) The index is a little funky - try alternate terms, as sometimes things are not cross-indexed ideally. But there's some awesome stuff in there.

(For prosperity stuff, I also go heavy on earth symbology, especially stuff around growing cycles, fertility, etc.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 06:47:41 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;19726
Check out http://symbols.com/ - one of my favorite sources for symbol ideas.

Oooh, thanks Jenett!

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 07:12:55 pm »

Are you planning to put anything in the jar?  You mentioned a candle, but it wasn't clear to me if it was meant to go inside, on top of, in front of, etc.

If you aren't putting the candle in the jar, I might suggest things like salt, rice, potting soil, beans, and pennies.  That's usually what I do if I want sustained prosperity.

In fact, I almost always have such a jar around.  I usually bury them or put them in the attic or walls of the place I live and make a new one when I move.

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 07:50:57 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;19734
If you aren't putting the candle in the jar, I might suggest things like salt, rice, potting soil, beans, and pennies.  That's usually what I do if I want sustained prosperity.

I was planning on just putting the candle inside, but I could easily put it in some soil- that would help keep the glass from getting too hot, too. Thanks!

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 09:34:04 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;19734
Are you planning to put anything in the jar?  You mentioned a candle, but it wasn't clear to me if it was meant to go inside, on top of, in front of, etc.

Hanging this here because I appreciate the suggestions for things to go inside the jar, but in general: thank you for starting this thread, Juni, because I've been looking for a spell idea to work my own prosperity and money spell! :D:
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 10:22:50 pm »

Back when I wrote a piece for Immanion's wealth magic anthology, I wrote an essay about cattle.  Cows/Taurus/Fehu I think the rune is.... cattle.

I wonder if I can find it.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Zeno

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 12:01:37 am »

I find including items that are the same color as the color of the currency you are trying to get. Also, try adding in some cornstalk or wheat for prosperity?

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 08:02:54 am »

Whatever it is you want prosperity FOR.  If it's the ability to travel, a toy boat, if it's craft supplies, some yarn scraps, that sort of thing.

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 09:21:34 am »
Quote from: Finn;19767
Hanging this here because I appreciate the suggestions for things to go inside the jar, but in general: thank you for starting this thread, Juni, because I've been looking for a spell idea to work my own prosperity and money spell! :D:

:) Good luck!

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 09:22:49 am »
Quote from: Darkhawk;19787
Back when I wrote a piece for Immanion's wealth magic anthology, I wrote an essay about cattle.  Cows/Taurus/Fehu I think the rune is.... cattle.

I wonder if I can find it.

Thanks! I will add Fehu to the design. Much easier than cows!

Tags: