Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Looks like the Donald & Hillary come the Fall  (Read 9275 times)

DIASPORA-1963

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Looks like the Donald & Hillary come the Fall
« on: March 16, 2016, 08:57:27 pm »
In all my life, I have yet to see such a sorry lot of candidates - every election cycle, the crop gets weedier and weedier!
Do you really like either one of these?
As a native New Yorker, I've got my opinions on Trump.
After having heard what the ex-Secret Service people are saying about Hillary - Trump doesn't look so bad. "Mommy, Dearest" was a sweetheart compared to First Lady Clinton, it seems. Punishment detail was being assigned to the First Witch.
Trickie Dickie doesn't look so bad in retrospect, does he?
eenie-meenie-mynie-moe, catch a creep by the toe ...
MARK aka CELLVLANVS MAGVS
OMNIA DEPENDET!

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
Re: Looks like the Donald & Hillary come the Fall ...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:49:11 pm »
Quote from: DIASPORA-1963;188254

Nope.  For the first time since I could vote I might actually sit out an election.  
Just sit at home, drunk and pantless, polishing the guns and toasting the death of the Republic.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:12:51 pm »
In all my life, I have yet to see such a sorry lot of candidates - every election cycle, the crop gets weedier and weedier!
After having heard what the ex-Secret Service people are saying about Hillary - Trump doesn't look so bad. "Mommy, Dearest" was a sweetheart compared to First Lady Clinton, it seems. Punishment detail was being assigned to the First Witch.

I'm holding out for Cruz, but in the event that Hillary becomes POTUS I won't be brokenhearted. She's not evil, she's not crazy, she's not terrible. She's an establishment Democrat embracing mainstream progressivism. Do I loathe mainstream progressivism? Mostly; but I've given up thinking that it'll go away.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

DIASPORA-1963

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 12:40:44 am »
Quote from: Castus;188263
I'm holding out for Cruz, but in the event that Hillary becomes POTUS I won't be brokenhearted. She's not evil, she's not crazy, she's not terrible. She's an establishment Democrat embracing mainstream progressivism. Do I loathe mainstream progressivism? Mostly; but I've given up thinking that it'll go away.

I voted for Hillary Clinton twice, when she was running for the Senate in New York. I think that she made an excellent senator. However, her recent comments to the effect that the current global trade agreements are good for America lost my vote. I'm not a fair player. The American Empire that put loot in American pockets was to my liking. The "free-market" (read - money for the top 1/100,000th of 1 percent) is not to my liking. I'm not interested in fair play. I'm interested in my side - read, "the United States of America" - winning. This country had everything. We pissed it away, so that a few at the top could grow monstrously rich in the process. We have a few allies that deserve lucre - the UK, for instance - but we should be trying to cut China's throat, just as China is trying to cut ours. India is no friend at all. & we NEED Russia.
OMNIA DEPENDET!

DIASPORA-1963

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:58 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;188261
Nope.  For the first time since I could vote I might actually sit out an election.  
Just sit at home, drunk and pantless, polishing the guns and toasting the death of the Republic.

The Republic will survive. But perhaps not in its present form. Rome survived by changing - not its outward form; it remained a "republic" for centuries, but the principate became necessary. I think that the Imperial Presidency is slowly emerging. My hope is that it will be a Caesar who is the first - not a Caligula!
OMNIA DEPENDET!

Cabal

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Belgae Polytheism
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 01:34:20 am »
I'm a die hard libertarian, so I will be voting for Gary Johnson. I know he won't win, but at least I can say, I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton! So no one can blame me on either side!
"In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

DIASPORA-1963

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 03:25:21 am »
Quote from: Cryfder;188276
I'm a die hard libertarian, so I will be voting for Gary Johnson. I know he won't win, but at least I can say, I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton! So no one can blame me on either side!

But, in a 2 party system, isn't voting for a 3rd party candidate throwing your vote away?
At the end of the day, nobody gives a damn about who voted for the alternate parties, whether libertarian or communist.
OMNIA DEPENDET!

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 08:00:53 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;188261

I'll vote for the Democratic nominee as doing otherwise would help Trump and I think he would be far worse for the country than Clinton could ever be. If Cruz gets the Republican nomination, I'll be actively helping to get out the vote for Clinton as Cruz is a Dominionist who thinks other religions should neither be seen nor heard. He would be a grave danger to freedom of religion and many other civil liberties. Not to mention he has strong Tea Party support which means he supports most of their more crazy stuff.

And Cruz is still quite possible as current predictions do not have Trump having quite enough committed convention delegates to win on the first round of voting. If he fails to convince enough uncommitted delegates to vote for him on that first round, you get the first brokered convention in ages.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 08:06:09 am »
Quote from: DIASPORA-1963;188274
I voted for Hillary Clinton twice, when she was running for the Senate in New York. I think that she made an excellent senator. However, her recent comments to the effect that the current global trade agreements are good for America lost my vote. I'm not a fair player. The American Empire that put loot in American pockets was to my liking.

The American Empire never really existed -- fortunately for both The US and the rest of the world.

The "free-market" (read - money for the top 1/100,000th of 1 percent) is not to my liking.
Same here. Extremist Capitalism is as bad a Communism or Fascism, IMHO.

I'm not interested in fair play. I'm interested in my side - read, "the United States of America" - winning.
I'm interested in everyone on the planet winning. It's not some game where one group has to win and everyone else has to lose.  Thinking of it like that is silly -- and in my humble opinion -- a product of political and economic extremism. For example, this is how the 1% sees capitalism -- everyone else has to lose for they can win big so they are going to do whatever it takes to win.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:06:44 am by RandallS »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 08:08:42 am »
Quote from: RandallS;188295
I'll vote for the Democratic nominee as doing otherwise would help Trump and I think he would be far worse for the country than Clinton could ever be. If Cruz gets the Republican nomination, I'll be actively helping to get out the vote for Clinton as Cruz is a Dominionist who thinks other religions should neither be seen nor heard. He would be a grave danger to freedom of religion and many other civil liberties. Not to mention he has strong Tea Party support which means he supports most of their more crazy stuff.

And Cruz is still quite possible as current predictions do not have Trump having quite enough committed convention delegates to win on the first round of voting. If he fails to convince enough uncommitted delegates to vote for him on that first round, you get the first brokered convention in ages.

Sources, please?
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 08:14:23 am »

Nooooppppeeee.

I'm holding out hope for Bernie to make the nomination; despite what the mainstream media says, he actually has a fair chance.

If Bernie gets the nomination, I will go through the trouble of voting from abroad, as I did for him in the primaries. If Clinton gets the nomination, it's unlikely I'll bother.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 08:19:41 am »
Quote from: Castus;188297
Sources, please?

On what statement. Most of them are easy to find or not really debatable. Here is an article on his Dominionism is is probably the least publicly seen of my statements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/ted-cruzs-campaign-is-fueled-by-a-dominionist-vision-for-america-commentary/2016/02/04/86373158-cb6a-11e5-b9ab-26591104bb19_story.html
Randall

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 09:04:35 am »
Quote from: Castus;188263
I'm holding out for Cruz

Well sure, if you want to vote for the Zodiac Killer...
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 09:40:16 am »

Great Cthulhu is running, too! Why vote for a lesser evil?

https://cthulhuforamerica.com

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 09:44:24 am »
"Mommy, Dearest" was a sweetheart compared to First Lady Clinton, it seems. Punishment detail was being assigned to the First Witch.

Quote from: DIASPORA-1963;188274
I'm not interested in fair play. I'm interested in my side - read, "the United States of America" - winning.

A Reminder:
Hi, Diaspora,

While public figures such as politicians are fair game for criticisms that it'd be out-of-line to direct against private individuals when posting on TC, name-calling such as 'First Witch' is excessive. (And a rather odd choice of circumlocution on a pagan forum, where 'witch' is often a religious identity.)

As well, TC is an international forum, with members from many countries; statements like the second bit I quoted are very dismissive of those members.

I strongly suggest that you read our Political Discussion Guidelines, and take what they say into account when posting in the Political Discussions forum.

Unrelatedly, I've noticed that many of your posts are rambles about what's on your mind, rather than engaging in discussion and debate. You might want to consider writing a blog, on one of the many blog hosting platforms such as Wordpress, Blogspot/Blogger, Typepad, Dreamwidth, etc. And/or, TC will be changing its forum software sometime in the next few weeks, and our new software includes the ability for members to have blogs here.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: