Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Favorite Banishings?  (Read 4008 times)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Favorite Banishings?
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:27:47 pm »
As the title says, what are your favorite banishings? What are some of the most successful ones you've done? Anything eccentric you've done that you can currently think of?

I just would really like to hear about banishings, particularly low-magic kinds (hence where the thread's been placed).

Thanks in advance!
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Banishings?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:09:23 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;188179
As the title says, what are your favorite banishings? What are some of the most successful ones you've done? Anything eccentric you've done that you can currently think of?

I just would really like to hear about banishings, particularly low-magic kinds (hence where the thread's been placed).

Thanks in advance!

Make lots of noise by banging saucepans and such as. Old deep magic
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:40:42 pm »

Thanks in advance!

I have no favourite. I have had different ones during each religious phase of my life, and I still use several different ones, depending on which paradigm I work within for the moment.

From my folk magic phase, this one (Catholics will probably recognise it):

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly hosts,
by the power of God, thrust into Hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

From Ancient Roman Religion at midnight on 9th, 11th and 13th of May:

• Wash your hands.
  • Say: Haec ego mitto; his redimo meque meosque fabis.
  • Fill your mouth with black beans, and spit over your shoulder without looking.
  • Repeat 2. and 3. nine times in total, while you walk from the innermost room of your flat or house to your main entrance. Don't bother that pronounciation will be bad in the beginning. It becomes easier when most beans have been spitten out.
  • Say: Manes exite paterni!
  • Hit a bronze- or copper-vessel
  • Repeat 5. and 6. nine times in total.

A Chaos magical one, congenial to Meso-Druidry of the British type (not American semi-reconstructionism) - it is found all over The Web in slightly different versions, but I am not sure who invented it to begin with. Could it have been Peter Carroll? I guess it is now common property, otherwise inform me.

Preamble

This simple ritual makes use of the Nod Cyfrin, a symbol invented by Meso-Druidic genius Iolo Morganwg in the 1790s. It looks like this, traced from right to left: /|\ (but for invoking purposes: \|/ traced from left to right and the colour scheme is then inverted)

The gold ray (left for banishing, right for invoking) represents the sulphuric attributes of the Sun. The silver ray (right for banishing, left for invoking) represents the mercurial attributes of the Moon. The centre ray (the crystal ray) represents both and neither, the ray of possibility. The rays also represents Love, Justice and Truth.

Procedure:

1. Relax, take a deep breath, and say: AWEN!.

2. Concentrate on the Cauldron of Warming, the point between the genitals and the navel. Circulate subtle sensation from this point downwards and then upwards your spine and then down your face and chest back to the beginning.

3. Concentrate on the Cauldron of Motion, the point in your heart. Circulate subtle sensation from this point downwards and then upwards your spine and then down your face and chest back to the beginning.

4. Concentrate on the Cauldron of Wisdom, the point between your eyebrows. Circulate subtle sensation from this point downwards and then upwards your spine and then down your crown and forehead back to the beginning.

5. Raise the arms above the head, taking in a deep breath. As you lower your arms, intone the vowel
I.
Make sure that your breath ends just as your arms hit your side.

6. Repeat this last step, except intone
A
as you lower your arms.

7. Again, repeat this step, but intone O.

8. Finally, repeat the step, but intone all three sounds (I, A, O) together into one continuous sound and breath. Visualize the rays as you draw them. The "I" is the silver right (invoking left) ray, the "A" is the crystal middle ray, and the "O" is the golden left (invoking right) ray.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:43:50 pm by RecycledBenedict »

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 11:05:23 pm »

I mostly do something sort of maybe like Jungian imaginative dream stuff. In one dream, I relived a waking-life event that I guess was the nascent decisive estrangement from a mentor. What hadn't been there in waking life was a sword stuck in the ground. In waking life when I try to remember what it looks like, or imagine without imagining (so it eventually looked like something else), it's kind of sort of there. If I stick the tip into the ground, it forms a bubble that gets rid of most things. I can't heartily recommend getting into a fight with people you used to trust and love just for this to happen, though, and with the way of dreams you might find an entirely different symbol or process to do the thing.

Filling a bivalve with tiger's eye beads to use as a rattle might do in a pinch. So should the right soundtrack, although "Living in the Sunlight, Loving in the Moonlight" by Tiny Tim isn't everyone's cup of tea. The "Queen of the Night" aria from The Magic Flute has been a hit and miss.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

unveiledartist

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:44:41 pm »

Thanks in advance!

I use Rose Oil or Florida Water Spiritual Colgone for cleansing when Im out the house. I use it for cleansing or taking negativity by touching the oil on my mind/thoughts speech/words, and heart/spirit. It works depend on when I do it and what prayer I say when I use the oil.

With rituals, Id use incense to cleans my full body and to my ancestors clearing their thoughts so negativity will cease and greater communication develops.

Most of my banishing has to do with cleansing, prayer, healing, and protection spells.

None of the Spirits complained. My grandmothers did but I found what it was that kept them from communicating.

Other than that, just small prayers.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Favorite Banishings?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 07:28:47 am »

I consider banishing and cleansing two different things (and some of what other people have posted are things I'd consider the latter.)

Like Jake, I'm really fond of noise for banishing: my go-to without tools and without verbal ritual is a series of sharp claps, designed to make the sound in the room ring. (Usually I do them counter clockwise, with either 3 or 5 in the corners for good measure.)

The group I trained in used a single mounted chime struck with a tiny little mallet and a sort of piercing tone, but I have not found one I liked the tone of sufficiently for myself.

I do a couple of handfuls of sea salt in the bathtub or use a sea salt soap bar for general 'banishing energy attached to me that is not personal' (the accumulated stuff you get from going and doing things, like mud or rain water that splashes on you)

For more intensive banishing of energy attached to me, I like a beer bath, or doing cutaways of specific energy (energetic work with a consecrated blade) both of which usually take a little more thought/attention to do because if I do them without the thought and some changes in what I'm doing , I tend to end up in the same situation again not too long after.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Mellee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 06:40:05 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;188211
I consider banishing and cleansing two different things (and some of what other people have posted are things I'd consider the latter.)

I'm gonna blur the lines a bit here with my response.

Like Jake and Jenett, I'm a fan of noise. I have a purerehua (bullroarer) that I made in high school that I use for this, and a hand-bell for pre-ritual purification.

For personal purification and banishment of lingering energies, I use a modified Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.

I also tend to use the mano cornuto (horned hand) for casual banishment, and/or chant "Hekas, hekas, este bebeloi!" (translated alternately as "Away, away, you desecrators!" or "Afar, afar, o ye profane" - or in my brain as "be ye far, ye things profane" most of the time).

Packed away in a box is some leftover banishing incense made from basil, bay, rosemary and rue. That stuff was extremely effective, if a little horrifying to smell, hahaha.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 06:59:29 pm »

Thanks in advance!

Sometimes I'll flick salt water around, then just say "get the fuck on out of here" aloud while burning incense (usually dragon's blood) and walking around the place. As with pretty much everything I do, I put on appropriate music while I do this.

Most of the more specific banishing stories I can think aren't really low magic I guess, though.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 07:11:43 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;188505
As with pretty much everything I do, I put on appropriate music while I do this.

I always thought could be used as the musical base for a kickass banishing/housecleansing.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 07:34:30 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;188506
I always thought could be used as the musical base for a kickass banishing/housecleansing.

Sunflower

That is just brilliant.  Tucking that one away for when I start my spring cleaning.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 08:39:02 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;188508
That is just brilliant.  Tucking that one away for when I start my spring cleaning.

Seconded!

(btw: all these ideas are giving me more ideas and I just want to thank everyone who's responded so far)!
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 12:34:01 pm »

Sunflower

Genius selection!

Now I kinda want to make a banishing playlist.

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 12:58:24 pm »
What are some of the most successful ones you've done? Anything eccentric you've done that you can currently think of?

Well there was this one time I looked this oogie-boogie right in its not-eyes and growled: Get. The Fuck. Out.

Do anger and cussing count as low-magic?  :D:
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 04:23:38 pm »
Quote from: MadZealot;188535
Well there was this one time I looked this oogie-boogie right in its not-eyes and growled: Get. The Fuck. Out.

Do anger and cussing count as low-magic?  :D:

If they don't already, they should.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 05:46:16 pm »

Sunflower

Oh yes, very much so. *bookmarks*
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: