Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: ADMIN: Spring Forward (Daylight Saving Time Begins in the US and Canada Sun 13 Mar)  (Read 3543 times)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
In most of the US and Canada, it's time to set your clocks forward. Daylight Savings Time started at 2am this morning (which suddenly became 3am). If you didn't remember to set your clocks forward an hour before you went to bed last night, and haven't yet done so this morning, you'll probably want to get on that.

Why, yes, we're late with this announcement :).

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Quote from: SunflowerP;188026
In most of the US and Canada, it's time to set your clocks forward. Daylight Savings Time started at 2am this morning (which suddenly became 3am). If you didn't remember to set your clocks forward an hour before you went to bed last night, and haven't yet done so this morning, you'll probably want to get on that.

We forgot to set them last night. :(
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Quote from: RandallS;188041
We forgot to set them last night. :(

I suspected as much. So did I, for the first time in years (and not because I didn't have a reminder from TC; I've usually had it in mind before I read the post), though my schedule is such that it doesn't matter a lot, and my mom and brother did remember.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Sunflower

*shakes fist at loss of hour of my life*  

We were up when it happened; most of our clocks (phones, computers) change automatically, and we'd forgotten it was happening. I remember looking at the time and saying "How did it get to be 3am? The movie wasn't that long!" We were confused until an hour later, when it dawned on us.

I reset the microwave clock this "morning", though luckily my laziness prevented me from doing it twice -- there was a brown out (again) and I didn't remember to set the clock until after it happened.

Mind you, supposed to be a windstorm tonight with winds up to 90KM/h, soooo likely going to have a full on power outage. Again. Because it's only been a few days since the last one. (They are so common for us that I have given up on resetting the clock on my side of the bed. It's just been blinking red for months.)
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Quote from: SunflowerP;188043
I suspected as much.

We had talked about changing the clocks earlier in the day, but still forgot all about it.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Quote from: RandallS;188067
We had talked about changing the clocks earlier in the day, but still forgot all about it.

If only the stupid mp3 player dock has been less temperamental, I'd think it worth the risk of fiddling with it to get the time reset. It never got changed last fall. I'm looking forward to it being correct again in a couple of weeks when Norway changes to DST.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile

Sunflower

What amazes me is, I work nights.  So in the morning in OCtober, no one shows up an hour early.  NO ONE. (except that one nurse who misread her phone, didn't check it again, and showed up at 1 am, then went outside to sleep in her car until 6).

In March, however, at least half of day shift forgets to set their clocks and calls going, we're gonna be late, sorry.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

Tags: