"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Ghost Stories--Would Love to Hear Them  (Read 24298 times)

leeza567

• View Profile
    • http://www.leezadonatella.com/bio
Re: Ghost Stories--Would Love to Hear Them
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 01:53:25 pm »
Quote from: Gnowan;187971
I love ghost stories.  I still have my ghost story comics from when I was a kid.

I now have real ghost stories.  I'd love to hear about y'all's ghost stories, and not ones that you heard from your cousin's second uncle's daughter's husband.

I would love to hear your personal stories and I'll share some of my mine!

~Gnowann

Having been an "unwiling channel" since I was a kid, I have many stories. I was asked by a new friend to visit the Morris hotel in Reno, built almost a century ago. It was right before professionals came in with equipment. I got a tour of the upstairs guest rooms. As I approached the balcony, there was a lady there, who really liked that particular part of the hotel. When the paranormal investigators had set up their equipment in the back room of the hotel's basement, the manager and I descended to the front room of that space. It was pitch dark, the fluorescent lights off. We joined hands so as not to fall. We stood there in the front room. Not wanting to cause alarm, I did not share that "someone" was tapping my shoulder. I knew it was a male energy. I stayed silent as he poked me in the back. Then he started to sizzle those turned off fluorescent lights, first with a quick burst, then sizzling them for a few seconds. That poor manager squeezed my hand so tightly, I thought they would break my fingers. I whispered in their ear, "Don't be afraid, it's only energy."  With that I spun around and told the male energy, "Listen buddy, I know you're here, you do not have my permission to touch me. Now go, the show is in that other room."  I talk about these kinds of occurences in radio interviews and in published works about Smudging.  

For those who find that spiritual encounters are "scary" know that it is always fear that keeps us from moving forward. becoming more aware with the new energy shifts, so next time ask who it is that you are dealing with. Who knows, it may be your aunt Sally, who has been there all along, it's just you could not see her before now.

Sending you blessings, Leeza Donatella
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:55:20 pm by leeza567 »

Jasper

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 12:58:36 pm »
Quote from: leeza567;197521
Having been an "unwiling channel" since I was a kid, I have many stories. I was asked by a new friend to visit the Morris hotel in Reno, built almost a century ago. It was right before professionals came in with equipment. I got a tour of the upstairs guest rooms. As I approached the balcony, there was a lady there, who really liked that particular part of the hotel. When the paranormal investigators had set up their equipment in the back room of the hotel's basement, the manager and I descended to the front room of that space. It was pitch dark, the fluorescent lights off. We joined hands so as not to fall. We stood there in the front room. Not wanting to cause alarm, I did not share that "someone" was tapping my shoulder. I knew it was a male energy. I stayed silent as he poked me in the back. Then he started to sizzle those turned off fluorescent lights, first with a quick burst, then sizzling them for a few seconds. That poor manager squeezed my hand so tightly, I thought they would break my fingers. I whispered in their ear, "Don't be afraid, it's only energy."  With that I spun around and told the male energy, "Listen buddy, I know you're here, you do not have my permission to touch me. Now go, the show is in that other room."  I talk about these kinds of occurences in radio interviews and in published works about Smudging.  

For those who find that spiritual encounters are "scary" know that it is always fear that keeps us from moving forward. becoming more aware with the new energy shifts, so next time ask who it is that you are dealing with. Who knows, it may be your aunt Sally, who has been there all along, it's just you could not see her before now.

Sending you blessings, Leeza Donatella

My Mom told me that one of my great grandmothers kept trying to contact her deceased husband. "Just give me a sign!" she said (I don't know if it was in the context of any sort of seance or other activity), and one time she felt a hand touch her. It terrified her and she never tried to contact him again. Poor guy!

Geosmin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Solitary eclectic Witch
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 05:42:29 am »
I love ghost stories.  I still have my ghost story comics from when I was a kid.

I now have real ghost stories.  I'd love to hear about y'all's ghost stories, and not ones that you heard from your cousin's second uncle's daughter's husband.

I would love to hear your personal stories and I'll share some of my mine!

~Gnowann

2017 has been a long time… so I thought I’d try and awaken this topic  ;D

My most strange and memorable encounter with an entity was when I was a child, about 9 or 10 years old.

My father was sitting in his recliner reading a book in our living room and I remember I had some toys out by the couch and was sitting on the floor, feeling a bit bored. My mother wasn’t home and I don’t have siblings so I was just looking about a bit, wondering what I was going to do next.

When I looked beside the recliner it seemed as if I saw a boy’s shoe, like as if someone was behind the recliner. Curious, I took a look. But it wasn’t there anymore, so I didn’t look into it any further. Suddenly the boy steped out from behind the chair... and what was so crazy, was that he looked so real… I remember always thinking as a kid one could at least semi look through ghosts. But this one looked like there was an actual other child standing next to my father just staring at me. I didn’t feel scared or threatened at first, later I even checked to see if our front door was open. Thinking someone just walked into our apartment.

I asked my father "Who’s that?" and he looked down over the top of his glasses and answered "Who’s who?" and I told him "him" and pointed next to the recliner. My father looked down and saw nothing, yet I saw him looking at my dad. My father looked at me and simply told me to stop acting silly and told me to go play in my room. The kid shoved his hands in his front jeans pockets and started walking off right between me and my father towards the living room door that led to the hallway...to all rooms and of course also to the front door.

In shock that there is someone walking around in our living room and my dad thinking I’m nuts apparently, I just sat there watching him walk to the door. He wasn’t in a hurry...just peacefully walking, head kind of hanging. He looked...sad. I quietly whispered more to myself than to the boy “who are you?”

Then he stopped in the doorway, looking over his shoulder, facing me for a moment he grinned. But the smile was not of the good type. To be frank it looked like his face was way too wide all of a sudden and it looked quite evil. I felt instantly afraid and nearly shouted at my dad "dad can you not see him??", pointing at the door. My father startled, almost jumping out of his chair because of me. I think, that was the point he realized something was going on and I was seriously upset.

The boy disappeared around the corner and I was afraid he was going to go to my room so I jumped up and ran to the doorway and looked but he was gone within seconds. That’s when I checked to see if the front door was closed and began being paranoid in that apartment from that day forward. It would have all been okay. But the moment the evil smiling happened was the moment I knew something wasn’t right.

I went back to my father and told him everything that I had just witnessed and he searched the entire apartment with me, because I was seriously scared shitless and would not leave him alone with the matter. It was the kind of “check for monsters under my bed search” that parents do for their kids at night. But I did feel like he was worried at the time.

I grew up in a Christian family. My dad was the only one who didn’t fit into the religious picture. He is an atheist who does not what-so-ever believe in paranormal things. So, I wasn’t really finding a lot of help there, when it came to “stuff” like that. Later my mom had told me about some spirit encounters of hers to try and calm me down and then proceeded to asking me if I would like the idea of a priest coming to cleanse our house. Someone hand me the facepalm emoji please

Looking at it now 20 years later I am more than sure it was not something that was a human being in a past life. Whatever it was, it was not an ordinary spirit. I never encountered it again and frankly I’m not mad about it. I’m glad. But it would be nice to know what it was…for curiosity sake.
.:*:゚。If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere:*。:゚..

Leveller

• View Profile
  • Religion: Buddhism / Modern Druidry
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2023, 12:07:38 pm »
A few years ago a friend arranged for a group of us to visit the grounds of a stately home in Scotland. The gardens were famous as a previous owner had collected trees from around the world. They seemed to thrive there.

Gradually we all split up and walked around. I found a massive tree, I think it was a yew. Its lowest branch was a huge limb, level with my chest. I folded my arms on the branch and leant against it and was enjoying the beautiful summer day. The tree was swaying in a breeze and I felt so very peaceful.

All of a sudden, a group of children started shouting, which brought me back to earth. I realized that there was no breeze. I pushed the branch, there was no way that solid lump would sway. I felt shaken by the experience and went over to a bench. As I sat down, I caught a glimpse of someone in dark clothing approaching from the side. I turned to find nobody was there.

Later, I found my friend and privately told her about it. She just smiled and said "oh things like that are always happening here."

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2023, 04:11:16 pm »

A Reminder:
Hi, Leveller,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion easier to follow, and it's required by our rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder. No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: